PDA

View Full Version : Stoyo must Go!

DaWolf
10-07-2000, 11:27 AM
Is it just me or is anybody else getting this Eerie Lin Elliot vibe when it comes to Pete's kicking. I for one don't want to go through a great Chiefs season just to have another kicker blow it when it counts.

47mack
10-07-2000, 12:53 PM
I' said it before and I'll say it again... give the lush a one-way ticket to Miami. Good riddance. Get Gallery.

Mike
10-07-2000, 02:18 PM
Gallery's a punter.

ddpatterson
10-07-2000, 02:52 PM
And he's still probably better than Stoyo!

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

[b]The SitCom must die!!</B>

F. Gump
10-07-2000, 03:49 PM
perfect example of why the lovely ladies in our lives should leave the football to the men

------------------
did i mention id been drinkin???

47mack
10-07-2000, 06:45 PM
I know who Gallery is and what he does sun... I saw him work out and met him in River Falls.
that was my point.... duh......<BR>

Red and Gold Mania
10-07-2000, 10:18 PM
Feel like if there is going to be a move made on stoyo this season it will be made by monday or tuesday. If one is not made by then the chiefs must figure nobody is any more reliable out there for this season. After reading the article in the star the other day I think Gun is still comfortable with stoy.

milkman
10-07-2000, 11:00 PM
The thing that really ticks me off is that all his extra point trys go straight down the middle, but his field goal tries (especially the game winners) are all over the place. It almost seems like he's doing it deliberately.

The upside to Stoyo sucking - it certainly must be a motivating factor for the offense to score touchdowns.

The downside - I think this piece of crap will cost us every close game we are in until Gunther finally comes to his senses and dumps him.

Going back to last season, he's missed 3 of 5 and directly cost us two wins, the division title and the 4-1 division leading record we should have right now. What a dick.

------------------
Frazod

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Denver?

[This message has been edited by frazod (edited 10-08-2000).]

DIEHARDCHIEF
10-07-2000, 11:10 PM
Yes, Stoyo MUST go!

But I have a few different reasons. For me, it's not the Lin Elliot thing. It has more to do with the fact that were paying him almost $800,000 this year to do nothing BUT make field goals. Any other kicker in the NFL making that kind of money also has kickoff responsibilities.

In summary, if you're making over a three quarters of a million dollars to do NOTHING BUT kick field goals, you better DA&N WELL make 90% of them and you better NOT miss a FG under 40 yards!!!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

(just a little passionate over this issue)

milkman
10-07-2000, 11:14 PM
Just more fuel for the fire, Tom.

I wish I got paid $800K to suck at my job.

------------------
Frazod

DIEHARDCHIEF
10-07-2000, 11:18 PM
Let's see . . . . .

$800,000 divided by 16 games = $50,000

Chiefs 3-2(5 games)

$50,000 times 5 games = $250,000

WELL, Congratulations Pete!! You've made $125,000 for each field goal you've made this year!

(doesn't feel he's getting 'bang' for his buck)

DIEHARDCHIEF
10-07-2000, 11:21 PM
frazod: (in reply to your last post)

I hear there's a position available in the White House that might just be what you're looking for. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

milkman
10-07-2000, 11:26 PM
Here's a thought - we only pay him if he actually makes the field goals. Bet that would solve the problem.

As for the White House thing, that's the same reason I wouldn't be a lawyer - I like my soul right where it is. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Frazod

[This message has been edited by frazod (edited 10-08-2000).]

Red and Gold Mania
10-08-2000, 09:38 AM
LOL! I agree only pay when he makes, subtract the same when he misses. For some of you that seem to know somewhat about these contracts players sign, is Stoyo's one where we would take a big hit if we did let him go? The chiefs seem to be more interested in finding someone to help stoyo with his duties as a kicker, than to find one fg kicker that can actually do it all.

Red and Gold Mania
10-08-2000, 09:38 AM
LOL! I agree only pay when he makes, subtract the same when he misses. For some of you that seem to know somewhat about these contracts players sign, is Stoyo's one where we would take a big hit if we did let him go? The chiefs seem to be more interested in finding someone to help stoyo with his duties as a kicker, than to find one fg kicker that can actually do it all.

Red and Gold Mania
10-08-2000, 09:43 AM
Don't know why I am double posting. Sorry http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/confused.gif