PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cowher or Tomlin?

Ralphy Boy
02-02-2009, 07:08 AM
Okay, so I wouldn't go so far as to say that his legacy got a little tarnished last night by Tomlin accomplishing in his 2nd season what Cowher took 14 years to do, but it might have taken away a little bit of the shine. Granted you could say that Tomlin was the Gruden-like benefactor of Cowhers work, but who really knows at this point. I do wonder if last nights game got any of his competitive juices to start flowing enough to want to take the KC job. If Haley's going to be in Hawaii this week anyway, they might as well call and see if he'd be interested in talking.

Reerun_KC
02-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Tomlin without Question....

MahiMike
02-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Give Herm that talent and even he could coach 'em up.

Tomlin = Barry Switzer

Mecca
02-02-2009, 07:38 AM
I think Tomlin is more adaptable he managed to win this year without having a very good running game.

Fritz88
02-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Tomlin without Question....

Tomlin is good but we need to note that he inherited a talented and a
disciplined team.

keg in kc
02-02-2009, 07:44 AM
The steelers were good for a long time under Cowher, I don't think anything's going to tarnish that. Sure he was kind of like marty, except that he actually could and did win meaningful games. Yesterday's game doesn't change that fact retroactively.

If anything, people will probably read it the other way around, that it's Cowher's team and Tomlin just rode the wave. (I don't agree...)

Red Dawg
02-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Tomlin has the more experienced Ben than Cowher did.

el borracho
02-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Obviously, Monty Beisel is better than DJ because he has been to a SuperBowl.

Garcia Bronco
02-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Dick Lebeau. Tomlin doesn't win and Cowher sure as hell doesn't win without Dick Lebeau.

PastorMikH
02-02-2009, 09:26 AM
I'd liked to have seen how both of their Superbowl winning teams would have faired without the questionable calls by the refs.

Seriously, I like the Steelers and pull for them unless they are playing the Chiefs ('cept last night I was pulling for Warner). But the way the calls went in both SBs has me wondering if they could have won them without the calls going their way.

philfree
02-02-2009, 09:29 AM
I don't think it's as much the coaches as it is the Steelers Franchise as a whole. All of their coaches win Super Bowls.

PhilFree:arrow:

Manila-Chief
02-02-2009, 10:46 AM
The steelers were good for a long time under Cowher, I don't think anything's going to tarnish that. Sure he was kind of like marty, except that he actually could and did win meaningful games. Yesterday's game doesn't change that fact retroactively.

If anything, people will probably read it the other way around, that it's Cowher's team and Tomlin just rode the wave. (I don't agree...)

Well, from all I've read about how the Steelers constantly retool, I'd say that it is more "The Steelers Team" that both Cowher and Tomlin managed. Yes, both are good coaches but without talent, culture, etc. neither would have won.

Just watching both, I'd choose Tomlim because I think he is more in touch with today's NFL.

EyePod
02-02-2009, 10:48 AM
I think Tomlin is more adaptable he managed to win this year without having a very good OFFENSIVE LINE.

FYP.

EyePod
02-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Well, from all I've read about how the Steelers constantly retool, I'd say that it is more "The Steelers Team" that both Cowher and Tomlin managed. Yes, both are good coaches but without talent, culture, etc. neither would have won.

Just watching both, I'd choose Tomlim because I think he is more in touch with today's NFL.

I think he's arrogant though. And he shouldn't have been before this game. Now he has the right to have a chip on his shoulder though.

EyePod
02-02-2009, 10:50 AM
I'd liked to have seen how both of their Superbowl winning teams would have faired without the questionable calls by the refs.

Seriously, I like the Steelers and pull for them unless they are playing the Chiefs ('cept last night I was pulling for Warner). But the way the calls went in both SBs has me wondering if they could have won them without the calls going their way.

Steelers are an all-american team. The Cardinals are not that at all. Refs will give the benefit of the doubt to the veteran, well-known team most of the time.

Ultra Peanut
02-02-2009, 10:57 AM
IT'S NEVER LUPUS

http://i43.tinypic.com/2crk7xg.jpg

DaWolf
02-02-2009, 11:06 AM
If Big Ben doesn't pull that game out last night all we'd be talking about was Tomlin allowing the Steelers to lose to the 9-7 Arizona Cardinals.

That team was in place when Tomlin got there. He gave that franchise a new voice which was probably needed after so long with Cowher, but again, Tomlin has the advantage of having an experienced team and a potential HOF QB. Not many new coaches get to inherit that. Can Tomlin win with the likes of Kordell Stewart or Neil O'Donnell? Who knows, and lucky for him he probably won't need to know for another 12 or so years.

While it's nice for people to get excited about young head coaches, if Haley takes over here he's got a much more monumental job to do than Tomlin or Harbaugh (who inherited a damn good defense) had to do...

Reerun_KC
02-02-2009, 11:34 AM
If Big Ben doesn't pull that game out last night all we'd be talking about was Tomlin allowing the Steelers to lose to the 9-7 Arizona Cardinals.

That team was in place when Tomlin got there. He gave that franchise a new voice which was probably needed after so long with Cowher, but again, Tomlin has the advantage of having an experienced team and a potential HOF QB. Not many new coaches get to inherit that. Can Tomlin win with the likes of Kordell Stewart or Neil O'Donnell? Who knows, and lucky for him he probably won't need to know for another 12 or so years.

While it's nice for people to get excited about young head coaches, if Haley takes over here he's got a much more monumental job to do than Tomlin or Harbaugh (who inherited a damn good defense) had to do...

I would take Tomlin over Marty big chin Jr any day of the week regardless of Cowhers quest for mediocrity or not...

blueballs
02-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Cowher wouldn't have let an aging veteran
go arena league on their ass

R&GHomer
02-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Steelers are an all-american team. The Cardinals are not that at all. Refs will give the benefit of the doubt to the veteran, well-known team most of the time.

Sadly I have to agree with you... damn shame, there is no excuse for not reviewing that last play.