PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports ***Officially unofficial 2010 NHL Playoffs thread***

Pages : [1] 2 3

MMXcalibur
04-11-2010, 10:14 PM
STANLEY CUP FINALS
(W2) Chicago Blackhawks vs (E7) Philadelphia Flyers, CHI LEADS 3-2

ENTIRE STANLEY CUP FINALS SCHEDULE:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=530012#&intcmpid=plyf-redbutton

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
(7) Philadelphia Flyers vs (8) Montreal Canadiens, PHI WINS 4-1

WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
(1) San Jose Sharks vs (2) Chicago Blackhawks CHI WINS 4-0

ENTIRE THIRD ROUND SCHEDULE:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=528995#&intcmpid=plyf-redbutton

EASTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS
(4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs (8) Montreal Canadiens, MTL WINS 4-3
(6) Boston Bruins vs (7) Philadelphia Flyers, PHI WINS 4-3

WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS
(1) San Jose Sharks vs (5) Detroit Red Wings, SJ WINS 4-1
(2) Chicago Blackhawks vs (3) Vancouver Canucks, CHI WINS 4-2

ENTIRE SECOND ROUND SCHEDULE:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=527392

EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS
(1) Washington Capitals vs (8) Montreal Canadiens, MTL WINS 4-3
(2) New Jersey Devils vs (7) Philadelphia Flyers, PHI WINS 4-1
(3) Buffalo Sabres vs (6) Boston Bruins, BOS WINS 4-2
(4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs (5) Ottawa Senators, PIT WINS 4-2

WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS
(1) San Jose Sharks vs (8) Colorado Avalanche, SJ WINS 4-2
(2) Chicago Blackhawks vs (7) Nashville Predators, CHI WINS 4-2
(3) Vancouver Canucks vs (6) Los Angeles Kings, VAN WINS 4-2
(4) Phoenix Coyotes vs (5) Detroit Red Wings, DET WINS 4-3

ENTIRE FIRST ROUND SCHEDULE:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=524941

In my opinion, the NHL Playoffs are far and away the best playoffs in all of sports. There's just something about every game possibly being a multiple overtime playoff game that ends at 2 AM that's so incredibly awesome :)

Anyone have any predictions? Mine are in the next post.

MMXcalibur
04-11-2010, 10:14 PM
The best playoffs in all of sports is upon us! Gimme some predictions before it kicks off! Warning, my picks may be incredibly biased!

Eastern Conference

(1) WAS over (8) MTL in 5
(7) PHI over (1) NJ in 7
(3) BUF over (6) BOS in 6
(4) PIT over (5) OTT in 5

(1) WAS over (7) PHI in 4
(4) PIT over (3) BUF in 6

(4) PIT over (1) WAS in 7

Western Conference

(8) COL over (1) SJ in 7
(2) CHI over (7) NSH in 6
(3) VAN over (6) LA in 5
(5) DET over (4) PHX in 6

(2) CHI over (8) COL in 4
(5) DET over (3) VAN in 6

(2) CHI over (5) DET in 6

STANLEY CUP FINALS

(4) PIT over (2) CHI in 7

....but if say you were going to completely take the Penguins out in oh...say Round 2...then I'd have to say we'd have a Capitals/Blackhawks series with the 'Hawks winning in 6.

blaise
04-11-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm a Sabres fan, but I can't see them winning the East unless they somehow avoid the Capitals and the Caps get upset. I really hate the Caps (I hate all Eastern teams except the Sabres, really, the Caps just more than most), but I have to take them in the East.
I haven't watched the West close enough to say, but I won't buy into the Sharks until they prove that they're for real in the playoffs. The few times I've watched them this year they're played great for a few shifts and then fallen asleep for long periods of time.
I'd lean toward Chicago in the West, too I guess.

SoCalBronco
04-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Go Pens!

Volchenkov and Phillips have historically done well against Sid so Geno is going to have to step his game up. It would also be nice to see Flower return to his 2009 playoff form.

chiefs1111
04-12-2010, 01:15 AM
Glad the Flyers got in. Was an exciting game against the Rangers today.

Pushead2
04-12-2010, 03:33 AM
Devils vs Blackhawks in the cup, Hawks in 6

Sfeihc
04-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Let's go Red Wings!

rockymtnchief
04-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Glad the Flyers got in. Was an exciting game against the Rangers today.

:deevee:

Rangers, Royals, Chiefs. All three are slowly killing me.

ChiTown
04-12-2010, 04:12 PM
GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyle DeLexus
04-12-2010, 04:13 PM
:deevee:

Rangers, Royals, Chiefs. All three are slowly killing me.

Which one is not like the others? How did you become a ranger fan?

rockymtnchief
04-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Which one is not like the others? How did you become a ranger fan?

When I was a kid (in Montana) the USA Network showed every Ranger game. So I got hooked on them. Beck, Duguay, Greschner, Maloney brothers, Davidson, Esposito, etc... I had their numbers all memorized.

Plus, Pat Conacher (Billings Bighorns), played a few years with them.

MMXcalibur
04-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Playoffs are kicking off tonight with the Pens/Sens! Time to start the road in keeping Lord Stanley in Pittsburgh.

Demonpenz
04-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Penguins are going to sweep every series then they are going to fold the NHL and proclaim it unnessessary to ever play a game again, because the penguins are so awesome

MMXcalibur
04-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Splendid start for the Pens, down 2-1

Buck
04-14-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm going for the Sabres. I like their goalie.

tk13
04-14-2010, 06:02 PM
You shouldn't be surprised, and I'm speaking as a Pens fan. They can win this series... but this team really misses Scuderi/Gill. They were a great defensive pairing. People will say Fleury is struggling, but the defensemen are letting their forwards get deep without enough resistance. No way Hal Gill lets a forward get in the slot like Gonchar did on that first goal.

chiefs1111
04-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Flyers and Devils 0-0 after 1

Kyle DeLexus
04-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Sucks the Devils won't be on tv in my area this series, so I'm stuck listening to it.

chiefs1111
04-14-2010, 06:55 PM
2-0 Flyers on a nice shot by Richards

Sully
04-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Weird having Howard as "the guy" after waiting so long for his shot.

Sully
04-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Gooooooaaaaaaaalllllllll!!!!!!

KCwolf
04-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Vancoooooover ONE TIME!

Bearcat
04-14-2010, 11:03 PM
The Avalanche take game one on a last minute goal, 2-1. Didn't they beat the Sharks at the Can on opening night? I think that was the last full Avs game I had seen before tonight, heh.

It looked like they hit the wall a month or two ago, so I'm still not expecting a lot.... good start though.

ClevelandBronco
04-14-2010, 11:04 PM
The Avalanche take game one on a last minute goal, 2-1. Didn't they beat the Sharks at the Can on opening night? I think that was the last full Avs game I had seen before tonight, heh.

It looked like they hit the wall a month or two ago, so I'm still not expecting a lot.... good start though.

Yeah, baby.

Game 1 — Avs

blaise
04-14-2010, 11:29 PM

The Sharks player made a half assed attempt to get the puck out of the zone with a little over a minute left and failed, and it ended up costing them. So many times you see it where a guy should have cleared the zone and didn't and it burns them.

Chiefs4TheWin
04-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Well i hope this woke the pens up a little after getting sucker punched :( time for fluery to wake up.

SoCalBronco
04-15-2010, 12:54 AM
You shouldn't be surprised, and I'm speaking as a Pens fan. They can win this series... but this team really misses Scuderi/Gill. They were a great defensive pairing. People will say Fleury is struggling, but the defensemen are letting their forwards get deep without enough resistance. No way Hal Gill lets a forward get in the slot like Gonchar did on that first goal.

Yes the blueline is hurting with only one legitimate defensive defenseman in Orpik (McKee doesn't count because he's scratched more often than not), but Flower was legitmately awful, tonight. The only good thing I can take form this game is that the Pens played really terrible and still only lost by a goal. I wasn't impressed by Elliot at all. We barely got 20 shots on goal and put 4 behind him. They absolutely need to get Guerin off Crosby's line. Actually, Guerin shouldn't even be on the ice at all. He's a disaster of biblical proportions.

Chiefs4TheWin
04-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Yes the blueline is hurting with only one legitimate defensive defenseman in Orpik (McKee doesn't count because he's scratched more often than not), but Flower was legitmately awful, tonight. The only good thing I can take form this game is that the Pens played really terrible and still only lost by a goal. I wasn't impressed by Elliot at all. We barely got 20 shots on goal and put 4 behind him. They absolutely need to get Guerin off Crosby's line. Actually, Guerin shouldn't even be on the ice at all. He's a disaster of biblical proportions.

We can crack Elliot if we can gain the blue line. The Sens D limited our shots hardcore tonight.

Yet we still put up 4 and almost won this thing. Needless to say local radio is all doom and gloom on the Pens right now, but I still think we can pull this out.

Also on your guerin point. yeah he seems to give up a lot as far as board work goes. when theres a scrum on the boards and hes in it, i just assume we are going to lose the puck.

ClevelandBronco
04-15-2010, 01:54 AM
Let's go Red Wings!

Let's not.

The_Doctor10
04-15-2010, 03:31 AM
The Sharks player made a half assed attempt to get the puck out of the zone with a little over a minute left and failed, and it ended up costing them. So many times you see it where a guy should have cleared the zone and didn't and it burns them.

A Shark player did something half-assed??? Surely not!:rolleyes:

The_Doctor10
04-15-2010, 03:33 AM
We can crack Elliot if we can gain the blue line. The Sens D limited our shots hardcore tonight.

Yet we still put up 4 and almost won this thing. Needless to say local radio is all doom and gloom on the Pens right now, but I still think we can pull this out.

Also on your guerin point. yeah he seems to give up a lot as far as board work goes. when theres a scrum on the boards and hes in it, i just assume we are going to lose the puck.

Nobody has played more hockey in the past 24 months than the core of the Pittsburgh Penguins. They went through the ultimate grind TWICE, and the second time they cashed it in. I think long term, Pittsburgh is probably going to benefit from an early exit... They need to go 2 or 3 months without hockey or they're gonna hit a major wall.

Otter
04-15-2010, 03:35 AM
Flyers have had the Devil's number all season and taking game one into consideration I'm actually a bit optimistic about this playoff season.

Let's go

http://www.graphicdesignblog.org/images/more-hidden-logos/flyers.png

Chiefs4TheWin
04-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Nobody has played more hockey in the past 24 months than the core of the Pittsburgh Penguins. They went through the ultimate grind TWICE, and the second time they cashed it in. I think long term, Pittsburgh is probably going to benefit from an early exit... They need to go 2 or 3 months without hockey or they're gonna hit a major wall.

I had thought of that, then my greedy side says go back to back again and fail next year :P.

MMXcalibur
04-15-2010, 08:48 AM

Oh, I'm far from worried. Fleury was the main reason the Pens lost tonight, but the Sens were benfitting from all sorts of silly crap. That 3rd goal that bounced off the boards and right to Brian Kelly's stick was disgusting and Kunitz's penalty on Spezza was absolutely atrocious timing considering the Pens had ALL the momentum and were down only 3-2. Even with all the good luck and lucky bounces, the Pens still lost by 1 and had a chance late to tie it up.

Brian Elliott looked almost as bad as Fleury (almost!) and besides, it's Game 1. At first I was pissed off beyond belief at Fleury's play and the loss, but after reflecting on the game...it's only Game 1. Plus, Fleury has always bounced back after a poor playoff outing, so hopefully the Sens aren't going to get the tap in goals they benefitted from three times in Game 1. Additionally, Elliott doesn't scare me...at all. And finally, this should hope to be a wakeup call for the Pens, who have played very poorly for the past three weeks now.

I'm sticking with Pens in 5.

MMXcalibur
04-15-2010, 08:53 AM
I had thought of that, then my greedy side says go back to back again and fail next year :P.

Very odd seeing someone from Altoona, PA...and the only reason I say that is because nobody can locate the place on a map. I lived in the area for 6 years during my high school days up at Penn Cambria in Cresson.

Don't mind me, just not everyday I see someone from Altoona.

blaise
04-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Very odd seeing someone from Altoona, PA...and the only reason I say that is because nobody can locate the place on a map. I lived in the area for 6 years during my high school days up at Penn Cambria in Cresson.

I've worked with two dudes from Altoona. I lived in Williamsport for a couple of years and Lewisburg for a year.

tk13
04-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Fleury was bad... but I think the defense was just as bad. I'm sure Fleury's probably taking all the local heat though. The last two years our D looked like Ottawa last night. Guys blocking shots, getting in shooting lanes, disrupting the other team's offense around the net. We were way too easy on them in the defensive zone.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
04-15-2010, 12:09 PM
go to see the penguins can play that horrible and get horrible bounces and stay in the game.

MMXcalibur
04-16-2010, 02:30 PM
I won't say it's a "must-win" at all, but the Penguins (notably MAF) better at least pull their heads out of their collective asses and put in a sixty-minute effort. I'm going to say the Pens win 4-2 and reestablish themselves as the more dominant team in the series.

After that's over, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Sharks respond against the Avs in Game 2. Another choke job in the making, San Jose?

chiefs1111
04-16-2010, 06:28 PM
2-1 Flyers after the first period.

Chiefs4TheWin
04-16-2010, 06:41 PM

oh hey awesome im actually from hollidaysburg, but yeah altoona is the closest thing to a "big city" besides state college ppl can identify with.

Also what year did you graduate?

chiefs1111
04-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Devils Flyers tied 3-3 after 2

tk13
04-16-2010, 07:24 PM
That was awesome. Crosby coming up huge in the 3rd period for Pittsburgh.

Chiefs4TheWin
04-16-2010, 07:34 PM
That was awesome. Crosby coming up huge in the 3rd period for Pittsburgh.

yeah that save on the trickling puck and that awesome stick handling behind the net to get it to letang was awesome. Gritty win WOOOOOOOOOO

Predarat
04-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Conference Quarter-Finals:
East:
1) Washington Capitals vs 8) Montreal Canadiens
Capitals in 5
2) New Jersey Devils vs 7) Philadelphia Flyers
Devils in 7
3) Buffalo Sabres vs 6) Boston Bruins
Bruins in 7
4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs 5) Ottawa Senators
Penguins in 6

West:
1) San Jose Sharks vs 8) Colorado Avalanche
Sharks in 5
2) Chicago Blackhawks vs 7) Nashville Predators
Preds in 6
3) Vancouver Canucks vs 6) Los Angeles Kings
Cannucks in 5
4) Phoenix Coyotes vs 5) Detroit Red Wings
Red Wings in 6

Predarat
04-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Conference Semi-Finals:
East:
1) Washington Capitals vs 6) Boston Bruins
Capitals in 5
3) Buffalo Sabres vs 4) Pittsburgh Penguins
Penguins in 6

West:
1) San Jose Sharks vs 7) Nashville Predators
Sharks in 5
3) Vancouver Canucks vs 5) Detroit Red Wings
Cannucks in 7

Conference Finals:
East:
1) Washington Capitals vs 4) Pittsburgh Penguins
Capitals in 6
West:
1) San Jose Sharks vs 3) Vancouver Canucks
Cannucks in 7

Stanley Cup Finals:
Washington Capitals vs Vancouver Canucks
Stanley Cup Champion:
Capitals in 6

tk13
04-16-2010, 09:32 PM
This Red Wings/Coyotes game is completely out of control.... wild end to end action... great game to watch.

tk13
04-16-2010, 09:48 PM
It seems like the intensity has been turned up tonight in all the games... some real playoff hockey tonight.

But that last period in Phoenix was insane... I can't believe the Red Wings got caught up in that. That was almost arcade hockey... guys flying up and down the rink and scoring chances everywhere. Just the speed of the game was incredible.

MMXcalibur
04-16-2010, 10:46 PM
San Jose just doesn't want to win. 5 goals on 11 shots for the Avs.

The Sharks are epic choke artists.

DaFace
04-16-2010, 10:49 PM
San Jose just doesn't want to win. 5 goals on 11 shots for the Avs.

The Sharks are epic choke artists.

I'm OK with that.

Bearcat
04-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bearcat
04-16-2010, 11:15 PM
Damnit.

Bearcat
04-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Well, there's been a couple of fun games tonight... playoff defense didn't show up in either one, but there's definitely been some playoff intensity.

tk13
04-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Man. This has been an unbelievable night of hockey. San Jose saves their season for now... just by the skin of their teeth. We'll see if the Avs can recover... they have been seriously outshot.

Bearcat
04-16-2010, 11:42 PM
Damnit.

Oh well, wasn't expecting much, so 1-1 going back to Denver is the most one could hope for...

DaFace
04-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Damnit.

Oh well, wasn't expecting much, so 1-1 going back to Denver is the most one could hope for...

Pretty much. Still, I thought they had this one. Oh well.

Predarat
04-17-2010, 07:17 AM
Great win for the Nashville Predators last night in Chicago. That is a tough place to win.

CanadianChief
04-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Great win for the Nashville Predators last night in Chicago. That is a tough place to win.

I can't believe Neimi let that one bouncer get by him. That looks like the type of goal I'd let in after having a few beers in the dressing room before a game of pick up hockey.

colt459
04-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Conference Semi-Finals:
East:
1) Washington Capitals vs 6) Boston Bruins
Capitals in 5
3) Buffalo Sabres vs 4) Pittsburgh Penguins
Penguins in 6

West:
1) San Jose Sharks vs 7) Nashville Predators
Sharks in 5
3) Vancouver Canucks vs 5) Detroit Red Wings
Cannucks in 7

Conference Finals:
East:
1) Washington Capitals vs 4) Pittsburgh Penguins
Capitals in 6
West:
1) San Jose Sharks vs 3) Vancouver Canucks
Cannucks in 7

Stanley Cup Finals:
Washington Capitals vs Vancouver Canucks
Stanley Cup Champion:
Capitals in 6

So can you tell me how buffalo and boston both advance when they are playing eachother right now in a series? oh and pens gonna beat the caps again this year if we even see eachother.

Predarat
04-17-2010, 10:59 AM
So can you tell me how buffalo and boston both advance when they are playing eachother right now in a series? oh and pens gonna beat the caps again this year if we even see eachother.
That was a stupid ass error on my part, I had the Devils advancing and the Sabers getting knocked out in the first round so Buffalo is supposed to be 2) New Jersey Devils. Double Dumb Ass on me!

Bearcat
04-17-2010, 07:58 PM
The Caps celebrating like they just won game 7.... more playoff intensity, still looking for that D (and some goaltending would be nice... those last two goals shouldn't have gone in).

Chiefs4TheWin
04-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah what a choke job from the Canadiens. Credit to wash. though for coming back.

Bearcat
04-17-2010, 08:03 PM
33 goals in the last 3 games I've watched.... 11 goals in every game, actually. That's insane.

HerculesRockefell
04-17-2010, 08:06 PM
The Caps celebrating like they just won game 7.... more playoff intensity, still looking for that D (and some goaltending would be nice... those last two goals shouldn't have gone in).

Probably because the Caps came out in Game 1 and expected to walk to all over the Habs. Montreal weathered the initial storm in the 1st period Monday night and then took it to the Caps for the rest of that game and through the first 2 periods tonight.

Caps D still needs to learn that some of the crap they get away with during the regular season, doesn't work in the playoffs.

Bearcat
04-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Probably because the Caps came out in Game 1 and expected to walk to all over the Habs. Montreal weathered the initial storm in the 1st period Monday night and then took it to the Caps for the rest of that game and through the first 2 periods tonight.

Caps D still needs to learn that some of the crap they get away with during the regular season, doesn't work in the playoffs.

Someone in the espn.com mailbag mentioned the Caps didn't have the defense or goaltending to go anywhere, so they were really surprised to see people picking them to win the East.... they didn't make the comparison, but his description reminded me of the Sens teams that would have 110-pt regular seasons and then flop in the playoffs. I didn't see many games at all in the regular season, but it's starting to look like that to me.

The_Doctor10
04-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Someone in the espn.com mailbag mentioned the Caps didn't have the defense or goaltending to go anywhere, so they were really surprised to see people picking them to win the East.... they didn't make the comparison, but his description reminded me of the Sens teams that would have 110-pt regular seasons and then flop in the playoffs. I didn't see many games at all in the regular season, but it's starting to look like that to me.

Calgary trades Robyn Regehr to the Capitals prior to the draft this summer for Karl Alzner and a 2nd round pick. There you go, Caps fans, your shutdown D issues are solved, and Mike Green can continue to masquerade as a defenceman while still being a 4th forward.

Pushead2
04-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Pho & Det has been the best series of them all IMO, Habs & Caps is is more shocking then best.

DaFace
04-18-2010, 02:52 PM
I just got tickets to tonight's Avs/Sharks game. I'm excited.

Bearcat
04-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Good to see former Avs play well... Vrbata with the give and go, Morris, Wolski...

Sweet... have you been before?

memyselfI
04-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah!!!

Predarat
04-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Awesome!! Ill be heading to the Predators/Blackhawks on Tuesday and hopefully Thursday.

chiefs1111
04-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Devils get a power play goal 1-0. damn it

chiefs1111
04-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Flyers Devils 1-1 after first period. Very entertaining so far

DaFace
04-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Good to see former Avs play well... Vrbata with the give and go, Morris, Wolski...

Sweet... have you been before?

I have been to quite a few Avs games but never in the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefs1111
04-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Flyers and Devils even 2-2 after 2 periods. Flyers need to stop taking stupid penalties

Bearcat
04-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Marty had a great poke check on a play that was similar to the Coyotes' third goal.... I didn't watch much of it, but it didn't seem like Marty was getting any help. If he did get some help, they would have a pretty big advantage over other teams' lack of goalie playoff experience.

chiefs1111
04-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Flyers beat Devils in OT 3-2

Predarat
04-18-2010, 07:10 PM
I have been to quite a few Avs games but never in the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

that is going to be awesome especially with the series being 1-1.

tk13
04-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Penguins win. Starting to look like a team with playoff experience... both Fleury and the defense are looking more sharp. Helps to have Crosby playing great though.

Chiefs4TheWin
04-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Penguins win. Starting to look like a team with playoff experience... both Fleury and the defense are looking more sharp. Helps to have Crosby playing great though.

Yeah about half way through the second I thought to myself "yeah we have this one". excellent defense and goaltending tonight.

Predarat
04-18-2010, 07:44 PM
They just did a special about the old Chicago Stadium during the 1st intermission of the Hawks/Preds game, that would be one of those places I would pick if I could go back in time and see a sporting event. Looked like a great atmosphere there.

Bearcat
04-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Mmmmmmm..... playoff hockey. :)

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/Screenshot-1.png

Bearcat
04-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Booing Rob Blake makes me sad... I still have his Avalanche jersey.

QuikSsurfer
04-18-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm pulling for the Sharks now.

I paid for NHL GameCenter Live this past year. I don't think I'll be renewing it. The NHL Vault bonus part is really sweet though.

DaFace
04-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Crazy game so far. No clue how there hasn't been a goal yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace
04-18-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm pulling for the Sharks now.

I paid for NHL GameCenter Live this past year. I don't think I'll be renewing it. The NHL Vault bonus part is really sweet though.

You are dead to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bearcat
04-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Crazy game so far. No clue how there hasn't been a goal yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stop booing Rob Blake!!!! :cuss: :cuss:

Seriously though, it's nice to see the goalies show up in some of these series... it feels like it's just a matter of time until the Sharks score a couple, but I'm enjoying the Avalanche being in the underdog role. Being the 1 seed in this kind of game takes years off of your life.

DaFace
04-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Stop booing Rob Blake!!!! :cuss: :cuss:

Seriously though, it's nice to see the goalies show up in some of these series... it feels like it's just a matter of time until the Sharks score a couple, but I'm enjoying the Avalanche being in the underdog role. Being the 1 seed in this kind of game takes years off of your life.

No promises.
Posted via Mobile Device

QuikSsurfer
04-18-2010, 09:34 PM
You are dead to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

You know that I'm a die hard Stars fan...
Second year I've had to look elsewhere around the league ::sigh::

colt459
04-18-2010, 09:38 PM
I like the grit from this AVs team, i don't know if it will get them out of this series but San Jose is gonna be beat up if they make it out.

Bearcat
04-18-2010, 09:59 PM
47 shots to 13, and it's 0-0...... wow.

tk13
04-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Amazing that Colorado killed that penalty... and now they have to do it again.

Bearcat
04-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Stop booing, you f***ing Broncos dipshits... jeez, they were two bad penalties, you're embarrassing yourselves.

Bearcat
04-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Amazing that Colorado killed that penalty... and now they have to do it again.

They look better 5 on 5, granted the last two periods have looked like one long PP.

tk13
04-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Nabakov about ate his foot there.

DaFace
04-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Stop booing, you f***ing Broncos dipshits... jeez, they were two bad penalties, you're embarrassing yourselves.

The Gally penalty was insanely weak.
Posted via Mobile Device

colt459
04-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Craig Anderson should get 1st 2nd and 3rd star if the avs win haha

DaFace
04-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Craig Anderson should get 1st 2nd and 3rd star if the avs win haha

Agree.
Posted via Mobile Device

tk13
04-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Anderson has been unbelievable for the Avs. Colorado's now been outshot 102-38 the last two games.

Bearcat
04-18-2010, 10:10 PM
The Gally penalty was insanely weak.
Posted via Mobile Device

You can't hit a player on an icing.... weak, yes, and the guy seemed to flop a bit, but still. The other could have been worse than a minor.

I don't know how the hell this game is going into OT, but I'm glad the Avs got that far... glad I'm not a Sharks fan at the moment.

Predarat
04-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Anderson is a beast. If San Jose wins the first star of the game should be the refs, 2nd star the AVS absence of D, 3rd is whoever scores or San Joses Goalie.

DaFace
04-18-2010, 10:21 PM
You can't hit a player on an icing.... weak, yes, and the guy seemed to flop a bit, but still. The other could have been worse than a minor.

I don't know how the hell this game is going into OT, but I'm glad the Avs got that far... glad I'm not a Sharks fan at the moment.

You sure that was an icing call? They called boarding, not interference.
Posted via Mobile Device

tk13
04-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Haha you gotta be kidding me. What was that?

Bearcat
04-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Holy shit! LMAO

Predarat
04-18-2010, 10:25 PM
WOW! That place has got to be going cracy DaFace!

tk13
04-18-2010, 10:25 PM
That was unbelievable. The Sharks might be the most snakebitten team in pro sports. I mean that was beyond unbelievable.

DaFace
04-18-2010, 10:26 PM
holy hell
Posted via Mobile Device

Predarat
04-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Jules from Pulp Fiction just lended Craig Anderson his wallet.

QuikSsurfer
04-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Gezus!
I can't believe that puck went in.

Great game.

MMXcalibur
04-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Epic facepalm for San Jose.

The_Doctor10
04-18-2010, 10:31 PM
This is why the first round of the NHL playoffs is the best thing in all of sports... Wow. Just wow. Nabokov should not start another game in a SJ uniform...

What exactly does SJ have to do? Outshoot them 50-17 and still lose?

SoCalBronco
04-18-2010, 10:41 PM
This stuff doesn't happen in real life. On the OM, I actually predicted that Thornton would put it in his own net....was not too far off. I feel bad for Sharks fans. I couldn't stomach all these years of this type of crap in the playoffs, esp. in this fashion.

Goldmember
04-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Those Sharks bastards made my gf cry!

Pushead2
04-18-2010, 10:55 PM
as a Ducks fan, I hate the Sharks....but JFC what does it take for A) Them to win a series, B) have "No Show" Joe actually show up like he does in the regular season.

DaFace
04-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Man...that was fun. That place was almost as loud as Arrowhead when that puck went in. My head is throbbing.

ClevelandBronco
04-18-2010, 11:08 PM
:clap::)ROFL:evil:LMAO:bravo:4321:grouphug::wayne:nlm:loser::rockon::bang:PBJ:toast::hail:

rochambeau

The_Doctor10
04-19-2010, 12:41 AM
as a Ducks fan, I hate the Sharks....but JFC what does it take for A) Them to win a series, B) have "No Show" Joe actually show up like he does in the regular season.

Thornton is a perimeter player. He has been his entire career. He likes to slow the game down to his pace and make perfect passes. As you likely know, the playoffs in the NHL don't work like that. Physicality and intensity gets amped up about 100X greater than the regular season, and guys finish their checks with abandon because they know that if they don't they could be done for the year; there's no point holding back anything in the playoffs.

If Thornton hasn't figured out that to be successful in the post-season he needs to put his head down and drive the fucking net by now, he never will.

Pushead2
04-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Thornton is a perimeter player. He has been his entire career. He likes to slow the game down to his pace and make perfect passes. As you likely know, the playoffs in the NHL don't work like that. Physicality and intensity gets amped up about 100X greater than the regular season, and guys finish their checks with abandon because they know that if they don't they could be done for the year; there's no point holding back anything in the playoffs.

If Thornton hasn't figured out that to be successful in the post-season he needs to put his head down and drive the ****ing net by now, he never will.

agreed.....

Predarat
04-19-2010, 05:12 AM
here is the goal. If the Sharks lose the series Boyle is going to have to live with that for a lonnggg time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uHUghCf3NI

Goldmember
04-19-2010, 07:53 AM
here is the goal. If the Sharks lose the series Boyle is going to have to live with that for a lonnggg time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uHUghCf3NI

Eh, they had their opportunities to score in regulation. When you greatly outplay other team for two periods and don't score one goal, they are all to blame.

MMXcalibur
04-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Pens won last night, 4-2 and take the 2-1 series lead over the Senators. Fleury made a few key stops, but still was a bit shaky on the second goal when he cheated off the near post. I know some might think I'm being picky, but goaltending is paramount in a Cup run and Fleury hasn't given me much confidence in these three games.

Nevertheless, up 2-1, and all is right in the world again.

DaFace
04-19-2010, 09:14 AM
I still have a headache.

Otter
04-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Flyers pulled out in OT last night over the Devils. The best part is one of their goons put in a rebound in a wide open net.

Can't wait for Tuesday Night. Is there anything better than playoff hockey? I think not.

The_Doctor10
04-19-2010, 12:11 PM
I still have a headache.

I can imagine; I haven't heard the Pepsi Centre that loud in YEARS.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2-06bXkPaQE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2-06bXkPaQE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Wish the CBC guys had shut their *@(&ing mouths and just let the crowd work though.

ClevelandBronco
04-19-2010, 01:07 PM
I can imagine; I haven't heard the Pepsi Centre that loud in YEARS.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2-06bXkPaQE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2-06bXkPaQE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Wish the CBC guys had shut their *@(&ing mouths and just let the crowd work though.

An ovation worthy of Patrick Roy himself.

The expression on Anderson's face and his body language add so much to an interview that I'd only heard on the radio.

DaFace
04-19-2010, 01:26 PM
An ovation worthy of Patrick Roy himself.

The expression on Anderson's face and his body language add so much to an interview that I'd only heard on the radio.

Yep. You can really see the conflict between his typical mild-mannered demeanor, his excitement at winning the game, his concern for the next game, and his unease with having 18k people chanting his name.

Predarat
04-19-2010, 05:37 PM
This is a good first round so far, everyone is tied or 2-1.

DaFace
04-19-2010, 06:35 PM
This is a good first round so far, everyone is tied or 2-1.

All eight first-round series ended up 1-1. That's pretty incredible.

On a side note, I eventually was able to watch last night's game-ending goal from the Avs game in super slow motion. O'Reilly actually did get his stick on the puck and deflected it into the net, so it was definitely more than Boyle making a boneheaded play.

Gadzooks
04-19-2010, 07:11 PM
If you have to watch it in super slow-mo it must have been a boneheaded play.
Not as bad as Steve Smith w/ the Oilers in '86 or Todd Gill blowing the playoffs for the Maple Leafs.
It was pretty close to this though:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t0vbjUDYWhE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t0vbjUDYWhE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Predarat
04-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Did the Canadians make the trip back to Montreal?

boogblaster
04-19-2010, 08:59 PM
GO BRUINS

Gadzooks
04-19-2010, 09:35 PM
This one's pretty funny too:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OLt1ESy0S7U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OLt1ESy0S7U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DaFace
04-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Canucks are getting killed on the PK tonight. I'm OK with that, though I'm not a great Kings fan either.

Gadzooks
04-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Canucks are getting killed on the PK tonight. I'm OK with that, though I'm not a great Kings fan either.

The Kings can't catch a break (from the refs) w/o Gretzky.

Pushead2
04-19-2010, 09:50 PM

Kings exploded on them for sure :D

Predarat
04-20-2010, 01:00 AM
Thay crowd loved it when Luongo got pulled lol. They gave him hell.

DaFace
04-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Bah. Hejduk is out for tonight. That sucks.

I fear a blowout, but am hoping for the best. I just don't see the Avs suddenly getting a ton better in two days, and you can't expect Andy to do that twice.

Predarat
04-20-2010, 04:28 PM
The Sharks are going to be pist.

DaFace
04-20-2010, 04:50 PM
The Sharks are going to be pist.

Yeah, probably. But this makes me chuckle.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QPQtPCq5Zg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QPQtPCq5Zg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Bearcat
04-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Yeah, probably. But this makes me chuckle.

LMAO

Predarat
04-20-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm on the way to the Nashville Predators vs Chicago Blackhawks. Lets go Predators!!!!

chiefs1111
04-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Devils up 1-0,5 minutes to go in period 1. Flyers taking to many dumb penalties already

DaFace
04-20-2010, 07:58 PM
AN-DY AN-DY AN-DY!!

(At least I hope the crowd will have a reason to chant that tonight.)

chiefs1111
04-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Flyers win 4-1 and take a 3-1 lead in the series

DaFace
04-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Well, that didn't take long. Avs take a penalty 4 seconds into the game, Sharks score. :shake:

Chiefnj2
04-20-2010, 08:33 PM
It would be nice if the Devils decided to show up.

Otter
04-20-2010, 08:43 PM
It would be nice if the Devils decided to show up.

Brodeur has been showing it big time, he's scary, it's the rest of the team. He can only handle so many shots.

I both love and hate the fact they may meet up with Pittsburgh again. It would be so sweet to see the Flyers whoop on them but Pitt seems to have their number a lot like Flyers seem to have NJ this year.

You'll get no sympathy from me, this is the first time in a long time the Flyers laid into the Devils.

I was sitting on the riverside tavern in the open air watching playoff hockey in spring weather and drinking a beer tonight at the tiki bar. Have I mentioned I love hockey playoff season.

Let's hope it's long lived for the Flyers.

chiefs1111
04-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Brodeur has been showing it big time, he's scary, it's the rest of the team. He can only handle so many shots.

I both love and hate the fact they may meet up with Pittsburgh again. It would be so sweet to see the Flyers whoop on them but Pitt seems to have their number a lot like Flyers seem to have NJ this year.

You'll get no sympathy from me, this is the first time in a long time the Flyers laid into the Devils.

I was sitting on the riverside tavern in the open air watching playoff hockey in spring weather and drinking a beer tonight at the tiki bar. Have I mentioned I love hockey playoff season.

Let's hope it's long lived for the Flyers.

Hope the Flyers can wrap it up in Jersey Thursday. I will say one thing,they need to stop taking so many stupid penalties.

Otter
04-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Hope the Flyers can wrap it up in Jersey Thursday. I will say one thing,they need to stop taking so many stupid penalties.

Agreed. That's been their bane for a long time. Amazingly the problem seems to transcend coaches and even GMs. I think it has a lot to do with their "Broad Street Bully" mentality which is both a curse and a blessing.

When they can out muscle Jersey that's a very, very good thing but when they meet up with finesse teams like Pitt or pretty much every West team it comes back to haunt them and that play style is exploited.

Teams usually get better the further the get into the playoffs. I'm hoping they follow this trend.

DaFace
04-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Avs are playing MUCH better tonight. Shots are fairly even, game's tied at 1-1 going into the 3rd. No matter what happens, this has been a great series.

Otter
04-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Avs are playing MUCH better tonight. Shots are fairly even, game's tied at 1-1 going into the 3rd. No matter what happens, this has been a great series.

All of the games have been great in one way or another so far. How are the AVS at goalie this year?

DaFace
04-20-2010, 10:10 PM
All of the games have been great in one way or another so far. How are the AVS at goalie this year?

Serious question? Find a recap of the last game. We were outshot 51-17 in the last game. We won in a shutout. Our goalie is playing insane right now.

Otter
04-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Serious question? Find a recap of the last game. We were outshot 51-17 in the last game. We won in a shutout. Our goalie is playing insane right now.

It was serious. I don't follow the west too much till they meet east.

Cue Good, Bad and the Ugly Music.

DaFace
04-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Avs-Sharks is going into OT for the 3rd time in 4 games. The 4th game was decided by a goal with 0:51 left in the game. :shake:

chiefs1111
04-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Agreed. That's been their bane for a long time. Amazingly the problem seems to transcend coaches and even GMs. I think it has a lot to do with their "Broad Street Bully" mentality which is both a curse and a blessing.

When they can out muscle Jersey that's a very, very good thing but when they meet up with finesse teams like Pitt or pretty much every West team it comes back to haunt them and that play style is exploited.

Teams usually get better the further the get into the playoffs. I'm hoping they follow this trend.

Brain Boucher has also been awesome in net this series. Hope that will continue as well

tk13
04-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Let's see if the Sharks can keep it out of their own net this time.

MMXcalibur
04-20-2010, 10:50 PM
ANOTHER Avs/Sharks overtime.
Jeez, in all honesty, San Jose should be all over the Avs in this series....instead, they're in danger of going down 1-3 (and that one win could have easily been a loss if not for a last minute goal...).

Otter
04-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Brain Boucher has also been awesome in net this series. Hope that will continue as well

He's been a heat seeking, bomb dropping, mushroom cloud making muther fucker.

This could be a Cinderella story.

Way too early I know but it's fun as hell to watch.

QuikSsurfer
04-20-2010, 11:04 PM
boom

DaFace
04-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Damn. Avs deserved this win a lot more than they deserved the last one, but that's the way it goes. 2-2 ain't bad considering expectations.

Goldmember
04-20-2010, 11:05 PM
No freebies for you this time Avs

Bearcat
04-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Only outshot by 11 tonight, heh... four 1-goal games and :50 from 4 OTs.

I doubt they'll move on, but it's interesting that Chicago and Vancouver are down in their series... I'd love to see the Avalanche knock out the Canucks if they both win round one. No expectations, of course, but one can dream....

Predarat
04-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Good win for the Predators, if they can win at home on Thursday that would be awesome. Dang Sharks though.

chiefs1111
04-21-2010, 03:52 PM
He's been a heat seeking, bomb dropping, mushroom cloud making muther fucker.

This could be a Cinderella story.

Way too early I know but it's fun as hell to watch.

Damn it, Flyers could be in big trouble

Jeff Carter is out for 6 weeks with a broken foot and Simone Gagne is out for 3 weeks with a broken toe. damn it.

Fish
04-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Incredible game tonight with Buf and Bos...

Second OT, and both teams are still playing 120mph....

MMXcalibur
04-21-2010, 08:27 PM
First second OT of the playoff season in Boston!

If the Bruins end up winning, you might be looking at a second round of WAS/PHI and PIT/BOS. Not a bad draw for the Pens, even though I'm sure the Cooke/Savard angle will be beaten to death with a hockey stick.

MMXcalibur
04-21-2010, 08:43 PM
....annnnnnnnd the Bruins take the 3-1 series lead on the Sabres. The Eastern side of the bracket is really close to being set for Round 2.

Fish
04-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Satan scores! Satan scores!

Bruins up 3-1.

Predarat
04-21-2010, 11:56 PM
wow! crazy 3rd period in LA, the Cannucks win!

MMXcalibur
04-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Pens/Sens entering the 3rd overtime.

Chiefs4TheWin
04-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Pens/Sens entering the 3rd overtime.

Want to buy heart pills holy crap Pens LETS END THIS!

chiefs1111
04-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Flyers wrap up the series over NJ. played well despite missing two of our top scorers

Bearcat
04-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Crap.

Chiefs4TheWin
04-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Good news is the Sens haven't won at home yet. Man we gotta end this or we're in trouble playing gritty Boston.

Predarat
04-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Bad game for the Nashville Predators, there is a trend. Bad Blackhawks, Bad Preds, Bad Blackhawks, Bad Preds, hope that trend continues lol.

Predarat
04-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Wow those Cannucks whipped some butt last night, the Red Wings won and have a game in the Joe to clinch it tomorrow. Montreal and Buffalo keep fighting on!

The_Doctor10
04-24-2010, 04:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5132815

WASHINGTON -- Capitals center Eric Belanger really is putting his -- well, his employer's -- money where his mouth is after losing a half-dozen or so teeth in a run-in with an opponent's stick.

[+] Enlarge
AP Photo/Nick Wass
"I knew I was in trouble, but what are you going to do? It's the playoffs," Eric Belanger said Saturday of his injuries.
Belanger says Saturday he "felt my teeth shatter, right away," when Canadiens defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron's stick hit him in the mouth in the first period of Montreal's 2-1 victory at Washington in Game 5 of their playoff series Friday night.

Belanger needed some serious dental work at the arena, getting exposed tooth roots trimmed -- then returned to the ice midway through the third period.

Explains Belanger: "I knew I was in trouble, but what are you going to do? It's the playoffs."

He expects to play in Game 6 at Montreal on Monday.

Hockey players = fucking badasses

MMXcalibur
04-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Pens/Sens comin' up

Time to end this shit.

DaFace
04-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Well, I thought the Avs had this one. And then, in a minute and a half, they allow two goals. :shake:

Just hoping for a last-second hero at this point.

DaFace
04-24-2010, 10:45 PM
:sulk:

ClevelandBronco
04-25-2010, 12:01 AM
I believe I heard that 12 players on the Avs played their first NHL game this season. That's a young team. They did a hell of a job getting to the playoffs.

DaFace
04-25-2010, 12:04 AM
I believe I heard that 12 players on the Avs played their first NHL game this season. That's a young team. They did a hell of a job getting to the playoffs.

Yep, that's accurate. Definitely a great season in terms of building for the future. But I don't think it's possible to end a season without being disappointed unless they're holding the Cup.

MMXcalibur
04-25-2010, 02:29 AM
Honestly, the Avs could have swept that series if things fell right....which would have been really odd considering the Sharks looked far and away to be the more dominant team.

After the Game 4 overtime win tied the series at 2-2, I felt the Sharks were finally going to start capitalizing on their chances and turn the series in their favor at home.

Still a great showing by the Avs and the experience will help them going forward....

In other news, I went from putting a ceramic coaster through my TV to pissing my pants out of sheer joy as the Pens/Sens went from 0-3 to a 4-3 overtime win. Thank f'n god there's no Game 7.....

Pushead2
04-25-2010, 02:59 PM
damn good game by the Coyotes, game seven is going to be good. I hope Doan plays, could be a good thing for the Phoenix hockey scene.

Predarat
04-26-2010, 03:59 PM
The Preds need to make up for their last to games or its on to the golf course for them!!!

MMXcalibur
04-26-2010, 07:31 PM
...and we are 4 minutes away from a Caps/Habs Game 7.

Oh god, seeing the Caps go down in Round 1 would be sweeeeet.

chiefs1111
04-26-2010, 07:40 PM
and the Bruins eliminate the Sabres wow

The_Doctor10
04-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Halak was absolutely DOMINANT tonight; Game 7 in Washington, here we GOOOOOOO!!!!

OnTheWarpath15
04-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Chicago moves on, and was pretty damn lucky to hang on in the third, IMO.

Predarat
04-27-2010, 05:36 PM
That was a crazy 1st period, especially that fluky goal. I was cussing like crazy when that went through. The Preds got alot of chances in the 3rd but could not put it in. Game 7 tonight, Wings vs Coyotes!

DaFace
04-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Fuggin Wings.

The_Doctor10
04-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Jaroslav Halak is a MONSTER yet again. Standing on his head for the third straight night. GO HABS!!!

CanadaKC
04-28-2010, 06:33 PM
I want the nucks to bitchslap the Hawks....will be a great series...:thumb:

CanadaKC
04-28-2010, 07:28 PM
wow..montreal ousts the caps..unreal

MMXcalibur
04-28-2010, 07:29 PM
ADIOS, OVECHKIN!!!

Boudreau is going to clean out his fridge after this crapfest.

CanadaKC
04-28-2010, 07:31 PM
hold on! 2-1

The_Doctor10
04-28-2010, 07:33 PM
PENALTY MONTREAL....

Holy shite is this great theatre... 2-1 Montreal with less than 2 to play; Washington will have the man advantage for the rest of the game

CanadaKC
04-28-2010, 07:33 PM
penalty montreal...1:44 left...wow

The_Doctor10
04-28-2010, 07:34 PM
What a play by Backstrom to stop that empty netter.

CanadaKC
04-28-2010, 07:37 PM
holy upset unreal

The_Doctor10
04-28-2010, 07:37 PM
PUT IT IN THE WIN COLUMN!!!

OLE! OLEOLEOLAY! OLAYYY OooLE! OLE! OLEOLEOLAY! OLAYYY OooLE!

MMXcalibur
04-28-2010, 07:51 PM
First post is updated. The second round schedule is updated.

All those good feelings are gone now, Habs. Penguins in 5!

The_Doctor10
04-28-2010, 08:36 PM
First post is updated. The second round schedule is updated.

All those good feelings are gone now, Habs. Penguins in 5!

You think the Pens are gonna roll Montreal without much opposition after the way they just rolled Washington?

I don't know that they'll be able to beat the Penguins, but I think the Habs are gonna be at least a 6-game tough out.

Pushead2
04-28-2010, 08:51 PM
You think the Pens are gonna roll Montreal without much opposition after the way they just rolled Washington?

I don't know that they'll be able to beat the Penguins, but I think the Habs are gonna be at least a 6-game tough out.

I think it'll go 6 but Pittsburgh wins it. The Habs will need a different game plan all together. The Penguins are not even close to the same style of hockey plus Crosby isn't Ovi and show up half assed in big games.....

SoCalBronco
04-28-2010, 08:58 PM
If we don't take Montreal seriously, we're going to be on the golf course real fast. I can count on Sid bringing it every night and showing mental toughness.....the rest of the team? Dunno. The Pens have been inconsistent all year and have lost to alot of teams they had no business losing too. They better shore things up on D and Flower needs to be better between the pipes. Let's Go Pens! Work hard and focus.

The_Doctor10
04-28-2010, 08:59 PM
I think it'll go 6 but Pittsburgh wins it. The Habs will need a different game plan all together. The Penguins are not even close to the same style of hockey plus Crosby isn't Ovi and show up half assed in big games.....

I agree, the Pens are a completely different animal. Crosby is the best player in the world right now. However, Halak is the best goalie in the world right now, and if he can lock down Ovie Backstrom and Semin, they should have a fighting chance against Pittsburgh.

DaFace
04-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Well, glad to see a nice upset or two to make things interesting. :)

Pushead2
04-28-2010, 09:06 PM
I agree, the Pens are a completely different animal. Crosby is the best player in the world right now. However, Halak is the best goalie in the world right now, and if he can lock down Ovie Backstrom and Semin, they should have a fighting chance against Pittsburgh.

The key thing is that the Habs have to come at the Pens in waves. Can't shoot your load on the Crosby line because then comes Malkin's line etc. They run 4 lines deep. Going to be a great series. I'm glad someone else loves hockey on here besides me!!! I'm a psycho fantasy and hockey follower :)

chefsos
04-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Well, glad to see a nice upset or two to make things interesting. :)Heh. Kind of weird. The 1,2,3, and 5 seeds advance in the west, and the 1,2,3, and 5 seeds go home in the east.

DaFace
04-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Heh. Kind of weird. The 1,2,3, and 5 seeds advance in the west, and the 1,2,3, and 5 seeds go home in the east.

Heh...crazy. I hadn't noticed that.

MMXcalibur
04-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Pens/Habs on tonight!

Let's roll, bitches!

Pushead2
05-01-2010, 06:07 AM
Pens/Habs on tonight!

Let's roll, bitches!

Great game from the supporting cast tonight. Pens win the cup again I feel unless they play the Blackhawks for the Cup. They I feel could give them some fits.

CanadaKC
05-01-2010, 10:07 PM
nice to see the Canucks bitchslap Kane and crew tonight....in their crib...yeah!

MMXcalibur
05-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Pittsburgh up 1-0.

Montreal is having problems now that they're facing a team who, when putting 40+ shots on net, will score more than once.

MMXcalibur
05-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Pittsburgh up 1-0.

Montreal is having problems now that they're facing a team who, when putting 40+ shots on net, will score more than once.

Of course.....*sigh*

The_Doctor10
05-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Cammalleri with the goal of the playoffs, skate to air to stick to net. Amazing hand-eye. Series going back to Montreal tied up 1-1. Go Habs go!

Sully
05-02-2010, 08:30 PM
The refs are fucking the Wings.

Hate to bitch about refs... But there it is.

DaFace
05-02-2010, 09:40 PM
The refs are fucking the Wings.

Hate to bitch about refs... But there it is.

The Sharks have been getting calls going their way this entire playoffs. It's annoying (even though I'd rather they win than the Wings).

SoCalBronco
05-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Fucking Halak. Now I know how the Caps felt. Montreal had NO BUSINESS AT ALL winning this game. Ofcourse, it didn't help that Flower didn't exactly bring his A game.

Also...someone needs to send Geno the Memo that his parents are in town so he can stop playing like he doesn't give a shit.

MMXcalibur
05-05-2010, 09:56 AM
There's been a Fleury sighting in Montreal! Halak was still a total bitch to beat, so it's not all gumdrops and lollipops. If the Habs would have pocketed even one goal in that absymal 1st period, I can almost guarantee that Montreal has the 2-1 series edge.

Nevertheless, we needed Flower to step up and he came through. I expect the same type of opening to Game 4 with the Canadiens trying to stave off another 3-1 series deficit.

Elsewhere, LOL RED WINGS

Predarat
05-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Dustin Byfuglien is one badazz SOB!

Otter
05-05-2010, 09:37 PM
I think it's safe to say that the Flyers have been dealt the coup de grace tonight.

Maybe next year.

chiefs1111
05-05-2010, 10:43 PM
I think it's safe to say that the Flyers have been dealt the coup de grace tonight.

Maybe next year.

Not having Carter and Gagne for the series really hurt.

MMXcalibur
05-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Pens up 2-0 entering the 3rd period in Game 5.

HOLD THE F**KING FORT!!!

The_Doctor10
05-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Pens up 2-0 entering the 3rd period in Game 5.

HOLD THE F**KING FORT!!!

Frick on a stick... Oh well, you know to beat Pittsburgh, Montreal is going to have to take things to the absolute maximum. No shortcuts or easy outs for this team... See you at the Bell Centre Monday night.

Now if only the Sharks could just take down the Wings...

DaFace
05-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Frick on a stick... Oh well, you know to beat Pittsburgh, Montreal is going to have to take things to the absolute maximum. No shortcuts or easy outs for this team... See you at the Bell Centre Monday night.

Now if only the Sharks could just take down the Wings...

Well, that didn't take long.

Pushead2
05-08-2010, 10:44 PM

nothing would make my day more than the Sharks to go to the cup and be swept.

they finally have succeeded in building a Ducks of 07' clone!!

The_Doctor10
05-08-2010, 11:03 PM

I was at Iron Man 2, and I wasn't about to be the guy posting on CP during the flick on an iPhone; I would've been disappointed if someone DIDN'T kick my ass for being that much of a doucherocket.

PS Thanks for the name lol

Predarat
05-09-2010, 10:03 AM
The Detroit Red Wings are on the golf course today. Will they be joined by the Cannucks and Flyers today?

chiefs1111
05-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Flyers win 4-0. Gagne has played great since coming back. Hope it continues in the next game.

Otter
05-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Flyers win 4-0. Gagne has played great since coming back. Hope it continues in the next game.

Trying very hard not to get too fired up for a Flyer advance after watching tonights game. They dominated the Bruins on the road. w00t!!!11

:spank:

MMXcalibur
05-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Penguins/Canadiens.

Game 7.

No more fucking around. Do it, Pens.

OnTheWarpath15
05-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Pittsburgh is in a bit of trouble.

DaFace
05-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Pittsburgh is in a bit of trouble.

I have nothing major against the Penz, but I do love a good underdog story. I have to say I'd have to smile if the Canadiens knock out both Ovechkin and Crosby back-to-back.

tk13
05-12-2010, 06:16 PM
No goaltending, horrible defense. Fleury will take the blame, and he deserves it... but the defense has been flat horrible too. Repeated turnovers... most of the defensemen are not physical, then we let their best guys sit in the middle of the slot and blast shots. They don't let Crosby breathe within 40 feet of the net.

OnTheWarpath15
05-12-2010, 06:20 PM
That shorthander is looking pretty big right now.

Still can't believe the defenseman just let him walk right on by.

tk13
05-12-2010, 06:22 PM
It's been like that all playoffs, the offense has been so good they can get away with it. I said it from game 1 of the playoffs... this team has a ton of offensive talent but misses having Gill/Scuderi. People criticized them for being slow but they are exactly what Montreal has... D-men you can't shoot through and shadow the best offensive lines in the league.

Buck
05-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Wow, if Pittsburgh loses, epic fail for the NHL.

No Ovie, no Sid the Kid. How sad.

OnTheWarpath15
05-12-2010, 06:33 PM
That shorthander is looking pretty big right now.

Still can't believe the defenseman just let him walk right on by.

That shorty is looking HUGE now.

OnTheWarpath15
05-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Uh, hey Pittsburgh?

Where was this energy the first 35 minutes?

MMXcalibur
05-12-2010, 06:36 PM
4-2....at least there's hope now.

OnTheWarpath15
05-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Goodnight, Pittsburgh.

chiefs1111
05-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Flyers get a Power Play goal and lead 2-0 late in the 2nd period

ArrowheadHawk
05-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Damn what is with Canadians and hockey. Why couldn't Crosby suck ass while he was representing Canada?

OnTheWarpath15
05-12-2010, 07:39 PM
An 8 seed will play either a 6 or 7 seed in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Awesome.

MMXcalibur
05-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Congratulations to the Canadiens and their fans (or bandwagoners, whichever). The Pens had their opportunities in Games 4 and 6 with the lead...but couldn't hold the fort.

...now excuse me as I hunt down Marc-Andre Fleury.

OnTheWarpath15
05-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Penalty shot coming...

OnTheWarpath15
05-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Wow. What a fucking save.

chiefs1111
05-12-2010, 08:37 PM
wow,one more to go.......

The_Doctor10
05-12-2010, 08:45 PM
An 8 seed will play either a 6 or 7 seed in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Awesome.

As opposed to the NBA, where you can pretty much guarantee the final 4 before the season starts. Oh boy, LA, Cleveland, Boston. Glad we played 82 games for that... And wasn't that first round riveting, look at all the upsets...

Oh wait.

Go Habs go!