PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question about this BB

Snapper
08-24-2000, 07:57 AM
This board rocks. I really grew tired of the "other board". I really just have one question how do I get rid of the "Lurker" and become a regular? A Lurker makes me feel like a Troll.

Back to football http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Glock, Browning and Clemons are starting vs Tampa Bay on Friday. Who is the other DE? I have not been able to watch the games do to living in Iowa. Is Word the man? or does Gun want to move Williams back to DE?

Thanks
Hoover
I really love this Board!

Dr. Red
08-24-2000, 08:03 AM
Hoover - Welcome!

30 posts will get you regular status.

Hicks is the other starting DE.

Pat

Luzap
08-24-2000, 08:05 AM
Hoover,
you have to post 30 replies to become a regular. Start typing fast.

Hick will be the other DE. It looks like Dan is going to be riding the pine.

Luzap
08-24-2000, 08:05 AM
Dang Chitown that was fast!

------------------
IDAHO CHIEF FAN!!!
still a stinking, bottom feeding lurker...

Luzap
08-24-2000, 08:07 AM
I made it!!! I made it!!! no more stinking lurker!!!

WoooooooHoooooo!!!!

Heading out to change my signature...

Snapper
08-24-2000, 08:09 AM
I forgot about Hicks, sorry.
I'm Glad Dan is on the Pine. Who Knows maybe Gun is trying to light a fire under is A$$

Hoover

Joe Seahawk
08-24-2000, 08:26 AM
god knows he needs a fire lit under his @$$. then maybe he'll actually earn that fat contract that he didn't deserve to get in the first place

------------------
~Thats why they call me slim shady~

shakesthecat
08-24-2000, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know, what would the salary cap hit would be if we just cut him completely?
We would have to take the remaining four years of his signing bonus, I know, but we would not be responsible for his salary. I can't remember the details of his contract. By the way, I am talking of Williams, maybe on the wrong thread. If I am, sorry.

Joe Seahawk
08-24-2000, 09:00 AM
i know that it would be a huge cap hit if they did cut him. i'm not sure of the details but i know it would be big

------------------
~Thats why they call me slim shady~

Luzap
08-24-2000, 09:06 AM
If he doesn't start by years end you can bet Carl will be renegotiating his contract next spring. Then they may cut him. However, I think that they will then keep him as a backup.

We will see...

Snapper
08-24-2000, 09:10 AM
KCRED,

The problem is that we need him for a few more years. Who else do we have? I just hope that we draft a DE or DT in the first round next year.

Dr. Red
08-24-2000, 09:59 AM
Hoover - no chance.

Chiefs need a CB in the worst way, and should use their pick to get the best one in next years draft. After that it's OL (Need a Center replacement for Grunny, and some additional help at G). Thereafter, we be looking at another WR or possibly your DL.

We're serviceable on the DL right now, even with that big slug Dan Williams and his huge salary.

Snapper
08-24-2000, 10:59 AM
ChiTown,

I agree that we need a CB

However we drafted a ton of DBs this year. I think Wesley and Pat Dennis as well as Warfield will play next year. They got the size and speed and Willie Shaw to teach and Hasty for that matter. Oline, Gunny is only 32 I'm not ready to let him go. Donald Willis looks good as well. Blackshere at guard next year, extend Shields contract and we are good there. WR Slmo, Lockett, Plarker and Alexander all young Alexander the old man at 28. Looks like a nice young group. So Dline should be Number one on our list of needs.

Hoover