PDA

View Full Version : One Thing The Chiefs Still Need To Address....

ansonsdad
09-18-2000, 12:17 PM
Kickoff returns! Parker may wind up being a good WR when it's all said and done, but KR is not his field. As a KR, if you have to stop and think, you're as good as hitting the sod. Didn't we draft some short sawed off little dude to return kicks??

King_Chief_Fan
09-18-2000, 12:21 PM
Actually we drafted two dudes to return kicks.

Hall is suposedly injured and Kitchings is on the practice squad.

I think Hall is due back this week though.

Boise_Chief
09-18-2000, 12:22 PM
Bwana

Dante Hall (rookie TX A&M)has been nursing a bad back. He might be available for Denver. Let me re-state that, he better be ready for Denver, we'll need him.

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-18-2000, 02:25 PM
Let me add this...

Hall is explosive!

The only question is his durability. He will score points on returns.

Luz
looking forward to seeing him this sunday...

Lurker Brett
09-18-2000, 02:29 PM
Gun said that it would be tough to find a place for Hall on the 45-man squad (for the Chargers game I believe). I hope he makes room in time for the Denver game if he is fit. Kitchings also probably deserves a shot. He had all sorts of return records at Furman. Also, wasn't Brock McGrew a return man with speed? Maybe he could be added to the PS eventually if necessary.

[This message has been edited by Cormac (edited 09-18-2000).]

bigdaddychieffan
09-18-2000, 02:32 PM
Dante Hall looked good returning kos & punts during preseason IMO. When he's back (healthy), he's our man! Until then, we'll probably have to survive with parker or Cloud on returns.

Boise_Chief
09-18-2000, 02:40 PM
Hardcore

Parker is too indecisive picking a lane to run either kickoffs or punts. That is the worse thing you can be if you are a return guy.

Lockett isn't as fast, but he will be more reliable until Hall is ready to rock.

Luzap
09-18-2000, 02:44 PM
Guys,

I'd rather not have ANY of our 4 WR's returning kicks. The risk of injury is WAY too high and we only have 4 to last the season. It's akin to putting a General on point in battle. They are far too valuable to risk losing one to a stupid injury!

ct
09-18-2000, 02:56 PM
Stick Carlton Gray back there, he has to has speed to be a DB, well some anyway. And he sure as hell isn't making any contributions now.

scott in spfd
09-18-2000, 02:58 PM
McGlocton. The collisions would be epic.

ansonsdad
09-18-2000, 06:06 PM
Hey, If we are going to the "BIG" return man, I say John Tait would not be a bad choice. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif Chitown hit the nail on the head. Parker looked indecisive and didn't pick a lane. Let the WR be WR and get a good return man in there. Lets hope Hall is good to go Sunday!

ColoradoChief
09-18-2000, 06:17 PM
I have been a big supporter of Parker. It appears to me that he has been playig tentative since Gun blamed him publicly for that loss to Indy last season. He's become indecisive and unsure of himself. He's trying so hard to stay away from mistakes that he is stumbling right into them.

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

[b]The SitCom must die!!</B>

BroncoFan
09-18-2000, 06:21 PM
Bob Dole has been a Parker advocate, too...but after yesterday's fumbles, is starting to think maybe he isn't the guy.

Bob Dole is going to revert to his post-draft "Dante! Dante! Dante!" chant now...