PDA

View Full Version : What if the Chiefs do well?

egonzo
09-08-2000, 11:32 PM
The majority of the comments are negative, with people taking every oppurtunity to knock the Chiefs...I mean if they start kicking butt, alot of you people are going to look like fools.

If they suck, which they might, the fallout will be tremendous. I mean, look how ruthless it is after one loss. You might need Kevlar to log on...

Devin Vierth
09-09-2000, 12:31 AM
Stevieray,

There has been a lot of negativity but I think it is aimed at the coaches and Gun. I really do not think the fans are down on the players (well except those pesky Grbashers). The team really could win this weekend, but I am not counting on it as I think we would have to see different meaning aggresive offensive and defensive philosophies. I absolutely pray I am wrong and we show some of that aggressiveness that Gun is so great at talking about but never executing. The defense with Gun was always aggressive and soft zones were never an issue. That is why this seasons defense depresses me. I pray for the return to aggressiveness, if that happens Tennessee can and would be stopped on offense.

------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

Stuckinbama
09-09-2000, 12:40 AM
Stevie,
Ditto on what Logical said. My frustration is not directed at the players, not even Grbac. IMHO, it's the coaches. Gun made the wrong decisions in keeping the Stooges and he constantly contradicts himself. Of course we really don't know if it was really his decision to keep the Stooges, but the more I witness his stubborn nature, the more I'm beginning to doubt him as a qualified head coach. There's no question that his heart is in it, I question if his head is! The organization has been in denial about the RB problem for so long now it does nobody any good to even discuss it. It makes no sense to me that the Chiefs say they are SOOOO committed to Grbac when they haven't provided him with proper coaching, a good OC, and above all they have not given him a ligit RB to help him out. Their committment is half-hearted at best.

Iowanian
09-09-2000, 05:58 AM
I think that the majority of people agree that there is talent on the team. Many people have already said that they saw potential last weekend. Once everything comes together, the team will be just fine. Most of the negativity is thrown at the coaching staff and will be until they can prove the fans wrong, which will be almost impossible to do.

DoktorSmith
09-09-2000, 07:25 AM
If the Chiefs do well, it means our coaching staff pulled their heads out.

It means that Raye called a game that fell between his established extremes of running up Grunhard’s butt or panic throws.

It means that we abandoned the hated zone defense and got back to the aggressive, attacking, QB-crushing D that I loved about my Chiefs.

That would be a good thing.

xoxo~
gaz
ready for a good thing.<BR>

Lurker Brett
09-09-2000, 07:33 AM
The negativity with the coaching staff started last year. With no changes, we have prepared ourselves to expect more of the same this year. Do we, as fans, remain negative, if we start winning, hell no. However, nothing from the last two games last year, through (its only) preseason, and the first regular season game, have given many of us optimism. A win Sunday could change all that, however, even that might not change another mediocre or worse season. I hope I am wrong, but I still think 8-8 would be an overachievement.

egonzo
09-09-2000, 09:44 AM
Great replies...I concur that most everyone is frustrated witht the Coaches....Kinda like a catch-22. The only way to clean house is reek. 8-8? hopefully that won't be good enough anymore...

Sad that it takes a crappy season to make any changes. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif