ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Croyle deserves the Roethlisberger treatment (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171252)

BigMeatballDave 10-01-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
Hey, I got into an extensive argument with Parker about Culpepper. I think the Chiefs really missed out on this deal. I dare say that Culpepper is better than ANY QB on our current roster and he could have been signed for nothing.

But the myopic Chiefs front office (and many of their fans) thought it was a bad idea to bring in a former MVP of the league who's coming off a knee injury (hello, Croyle?) who in his second start this season, scored 5 touchdowns.

Post count does not equal football intelligence.

WTF? He was 5-12 for 75 yards. Whoa, he really lit it up.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave
Explain to me how Huard was. He hardly played. And when he did he looked like shit. Huard got the job by default.

I don't have to explain anything to you.

The Chiefs made their decision based on OTA's, training camp and pre-season. Any "Professional" journalist who reported on the Chiefs training camp felt that Croyle wasn't ready. The Chiefs thought Croyle wasn't ready. The overwhelming majority of fans SAW that Croyle wasn't ready.

Why is this so fucking difficult for you to understand?

BigMeatballDave 10-01-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
I don't have to explain anything to you.

The Chiefs made their decision based on OTA's, training camp and pre-season. Any "Professional" journalist who reported on the Chiefs training camp felt that Croyle wasn't ready. The Chiefs thought Croyle wasn't ready. The overwhelming majority of fans SAW that Croyle wasn't ready.

Why is this so fucking difficult for you to understand?

The majority of this board wanted Croyle right before the season started.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave
The majority of this board wanted Croyle right before the season started.

Big deal. The majority of this board wants to see Boomer start. Or Brian Shay. Or Marc Boerigter. Or the other myriad of "fan favorites". Does that make the "majority" of the board correct? Hell no.

People here get offended that their favorite team isn't mentioned in the national media but when they are, the media is "wrong" and "against" them.

Many of the same people who bitch about Croyle not starting didn't see the pre-season games, don't have the NFL Sunday ticket nor do they watch every game. Many threaten to turn off the TV when things are going bad (see the Official Game Thread for evidence).

So whose opinion are you going to believe? The coaching staff, front office and national football writers? Or a few disgruntled guys on an internet forum who do not have all of the pertinent information?

I'll go with the former.

chiefsfan1963 10-01-2007 05:15 PM

pretty freakin hilarious... no one really knows what Croyle can do. He certainly didn't wow the coaching staff during the pre-season enough to make him Chief's starting QB. That being the case then it really doesn't matter if he gets in or not b/c Huard is doing the job sufficiently enough for Herm football.

We all can agree this is not a special team that is going anywhere near the SB. Our OL challenges will have to be addressed during the offseason both in the draft and free agency. If we can get at least a Top 10 but preferably a Top 5 next year then we can pick some strong OL players. If we do what we usually do and win enough games to push us in the high teen's low 20's then we'll continue to get "scraps" and just get by.

If by some miracle we do get a Top 5 it will be interesting to see what we do. I can't imagine that we wouldn't focus on OL but can a potential franchise QB change our strategy?