ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL Coaches Rank QBs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301356)

BigCatDaddy 08-11-2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12363637)
You don't go 5 seasons with a winning % like Smith's and turn around a 2-14 team just by accident. Also, discounting his running ability when grading his value at QB is just foolish. Dual threat QBs have had far more success than pro style QB's.

ESPN is garbage as seen by their ratings. They probably selected their panel from the perennial loser franchises. I bet Pioli was a voter ROFL

Same old Blackbob.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 08-11-2016 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12362290)
Are you referring to Alex? If so, I think it's because he's perceived to be on one of the tighter leashes in the league. I don't think most fans can point to two games where he's had a "wow" moment.

I think he's definitely top half and that shouldn't be viewed as a slight towards him, he just hasn't done anything spectacular. The guy has averaged 18 TDs in the last 5 years, with 23 being the best and it's a 'passing league' now. Plus, he lost his gig in SF and while he's had success in KC, he's likely the 4th or 5th name people will point to for their success.

And you think Elway and Aikman put up spectacular stats? You think Brady was shredding defenses when he won his first 3 super bowls? The best QBs are the ones that make the fewest mistakes and take advantage of every opportunity the defense gives them.

Unlike 1 trick ponies like Matt Ryan and Stafford, players who pad their stats because their team is always playing from behind.

threebag 08-11-2016 08:49 PM

Pat Bowlen probably voted too

TigeRRUppeRRcut 08-11-2016 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 12363648)
Same old Blackbob.

Romo, Stafford, Matt Ryan..all are 1 dimensional, all have had top 5 wide receivers, and all are fantastic at choking when it matters the most.

You are so smart.

ThaVirus 08-11-2016 09:01 PM

LOL Where would expect to see Alex ranked, BlackBob?

No one is going to put Alex in their top 10.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 08-11-2016 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12363684)
LOL Where would expect to see Alex ranked, BlackBob?

No one is going to put Alex in their top 10.

Ahead of every idiotic pick that you were begging for: Manuel, Bridgewater, Paxton

BigCatDaddy 08-11-2016 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12363661)
Romo, Stafford, Matt Ryan..all are 1 dimensional, all have had top 5 wide receivers, and all are fantastic at choking when it matters the most.

You are so smart.

Smart enough to not get into the same argument with the same moron over this. Take it up with the 40 guys that have been paid for their services to the NFL. Im sure they cant wait to hear from some douche banned from a football message board a half dozen times.

Mr. Laz 08-11-2016 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12362290)
Are you referring to Alex? If so, I think it's because he's perceived to be on one of the tighter leashes in the league. I don't think most fans can point to two games where he's had a "wow" moment.

I think he's definitely top half and that shouldn't be viewed as a slight towards him, he just hasn't done anything spectacular. The guy has averaged 18 TDs in the last 5 years, with 23 being the best and it's a 'passing league' now. Plus, he lost his gig in SF and while he's had success in KC, he's likely the 4th or 5th name people will point to for their success.

Alex Smith shouldn't have ANY leash at all.

He puts a leash on himself because he so gun shy from his first 5 years in the league. Andy Reid should be encouraging him to take more chances, not less.

chiefs need to practice more aggressive on offense(i guess they are this year) so that when game time comes they are better at doing aggressive things. It's much easier to rein things in than to expand things out. JMO

ThaVirus 08-11-2016 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12363712)
Ahead of every idiotic pick that you were begging for: Manuel, Bridgewater, Paxton

I don't remember ever clamoring for any of those guys.

Guess it helps that Alex is ahead of all of them on the list so what are you bitching about?

Mr. Laz 08-11-2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12363712)

We should have taken Bridgewater.

Mav 08-11-2016 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12363736)
We should have taken Bridgewater.

Or Carr....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjchieffan 08-11-2016 09:47 PM

Yeah, I wanted Carr. I was disappointed when we didn't take him.

Mr. Laz 08-11-2016 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 12363754)
Or Carr....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep was disappointed when we pass on guys that fell low enough for us to grab without paying out the ass for them.

I'm pretty sure that Andy Reid is a major decision maker when drafting a QB. Dorsey handles is THE man when drafting all the other positions.

Mile High Mania 08-12-2016 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12363730)

He puts a leash on himself because he so gun shy from his first 5 years in the league. Andy Reid should be encouraging him to take more chances, not less.

chiefs need to practice more aggressive on offense(i guess they are this year) so that when game time comes they are better at doing aggressive things. It's much easier to rein things in than to expand things out. JMO

Yeah, but at this point in his career... he's not changing. Smith has been in the top 7 most sacked QBs the last two years, he was 15th in his first season with KC.

Keep him upright, let him throw some more... who knows? But, he's built a nice rep as a safe guy, so I figure that's where he'll stay focused.

PAChiefsGuy 08-12-2016 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12363730)

He needs to do what the coaches ask him to do each week. Reid knows his strengths/weaknesses by now and makes gameplans each week based on that.

Again the object every week is to win the game, not what QB can throw for the most TDs and yards.

Alex Smith will be fine. I have no real concerns about him. Our CBs, Charles health, Oline, pass rush wout J Houston and #2 WR I'm far more concerned about.