ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Taco John wants a new QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108157)

Coach 01-10-2005 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
One of the keys in FA ... beware of players that kicked ass in their contract year.

This one I can deftinaly relate, since there are quite a few FA's that will be somewhat wanting top-notch money, only giving little production. (I.E. Hugh Douglas)

Garcia Bronco 01-10-2005 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider
Do you think Brees is worth a look if the Chargers don't tag him?

Given our situation...maybe...

We don't have a good pass protecting o-line...Brees would have to be able to move. I'll be honest though...haven't watched him enough to see how mobile he is....it could work out though.

Eleazar 01-10-2005 09:18 AM

the Rat has staked what's left of his rep on him.

Hammock Parties 01-10-2005 09:18 AM

Quote:

Look at the passing yards, rushing yards and sacks allowed. The Oline isn't in shambles.

You and I both know that the sacks allowed is low mostly due to Plummer's mobility.

When Plummer was forced to stand in the pocket against KC, the Chiefs nailed him 6 times.

Plummer runs for his life more than any QB in the league. You need an upgrade at two or three spots on the O-Line.

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach
This one I can deftinaly relate, since there are quite a few FA's that will be somewhat wanting top-notch money, only giving little production. (I.E. Hugh Douglas)

Case in point ... Muhsin. He's a FA and had a PHENOMENAL year... he'll want to get paid, I'm wondering what will happen with him.

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoatCheese
You and I both know that the sacks allowed is low mostly due to Plummer's mobility.

When Plummer was forced to stand in the pocket against KC, the Chiefs nailed him 6 times.

Plummer runs for his life more than any QB in the league. You need an upgrade at two or three spots on the O-Line.

Yes, in one game ... Denver gave up 6 of the 16 (?) sacks over the season. The Oline has it's strengths, run blocking being the key - so they need a QB with mobility. You pointed that out in your statement.

Coach 01-10-2005 09:20 AM

Quote:

Case in point ... Muhsin. He's a FA and had a PHENOMENAL year... he'll want to get paid, I'm wondering what will happen with him.

Well he is over 30, since I'm not sure what his exact age is, but I would think that his production will slip once he gets that money. It's usually like this for most old-aged "veterans".

I would think you would know what I mean when the name "Dan Williams" is mentioned.

Hammock Parties 01-10-2005 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco
Given our situation...maybe...

We don't have a good pass protecting o-line...Brees would have to be able to move. I'll be honest though...haven't watched him enough to see how mobile he is....it could work out though.

He's pretty mobile...kind of a tweener in that area.

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 09:22 AM

One thing about Jake running for his life... many times, those were designed rollouts/bootlegs to take advantage of what the defense offered.

Again - not saying the Oline is perfect, there's a FA or two that needs to be resigned or upgraded. But, if Jake had a consistent safety blanket (read solid TE), then a lot of that running for his life as you describe is eliminated.

He's not a great pocket passer... I've never denied it, but they typically game plan around that and it has worked.

RNR 01-10-2005 09:26 AM

Quote:

Not for the price. If you ask me to give $4M a year and a big bonus to either Plummer or Drew... I choose Plummer. He knows the system and Brees has performed for 1 year only. I'm not saying he won't rock for years to come, but I don't see him doing better than Plummer in Denver... they have other areas to address that can improve the team with Plummer.

That is the catch, is it he has reached that point where he gets it, or is he a one year wonder. I went on record saying I thought Plummer would be a real good QB in that system. He has not got there yet, and at this point I wonder if he will.

I also would not be shocked to see Shanny coaching the 49ers. They need a coach, he needs a fresh start. I would not be shocked to see huge change in Denver. It will be a very interesting offseason.

royr17 01-10-2005 09:27 AM

OH NO, say it aint so, wtf happened Taco a few years before you was comparing Green and Plummer and saying that Plummer was gonna be a better QB then GREEN.

SO WTF HAPPEN TO THAT ?

Just goes to show how ignorant Donkey fans can be.

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17
OH NO, say it aint so, wtf happened Taco a few years before you was comparing Green and Plummer and saying that Plummer was gonna be a better QB then GREEN.

SO WTF HAPPEN TO THAT ?

Just goes to show how ignorant Donkey fans can be.

You need to teach us to be smarter.

Eleazar 01-10-2005 09:30 AM

I think it's pretty obvious what the situation is here.

Plummer needs to scramble to be effective, the Rat figured that out. It's not because for some reason he magically becomes a decent quarterback when his feet are moving. It's because (1) he can't read the whole field (2) when receiving pressure in the pocket he tends to lob the ball up for grabs.

Sorry, Peter King and other Plummer pimps. He's not just somehow "good throwing on the run". He doesn't suddenly understand football when he leaves the tackle box. He doesn't all of a sudden gain the ability to throw a pass on target when moving. The reason is because he sucks at performing the full duties of a starting QB in the NFL so they have to make things simpler for him.

royr17 01-10-2005 09:30 AM

Quote:

You need to teach us to be smarter.

Sure if you ever become a chiefs fan that goal will have been succeeded.

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I think it's pretty obvious what the situation is here.

Plummer needs to scramble to be effective, the Rat figured that out. It's not because for some reason he magically becomes a decent quarterback when his feet are moving. It's because (1) he can't read the whole field (2) when receiving pressure in the pocket he tends to lob the ball up for grabs.

Sorry, Peter King and other Plummer pimps. He's not just somehow "good throwing on the run". He doesn't suddenly understand football when he leaves the tackle box. He doesn't all of a sudden gain the ability to throw a pass on target when moving. The reason is because he sucks at performing the full duties of a starting QB in the NFL so they have to make things simpler for him.

And still, he had a good 2004.