ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Croyle deserves the Roethlisberger treatment (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171252)

Skip Towne 09-30-2007 10:30 PM

i didn't read all of this thread but the bottom line is we need to find out what we have in Croyle. Right now. There is absolutely no reason to delay using him. If he sucks, great, we put Huard back in, cut Croyle, and draft a QB next year. Staying with Huard only sets us back in our team's development.

Hammock Parties 09-30-2007 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
Huard's arm strength is still a big concern.

No, it's not. His arm strength is fine. There are starting quarterbacks in this league with weaker arms.

I don't care if receivers get hit. This is the NFL. It happens.

Scorp 09-30-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
Croyle couldn't beat out Huard in mini-camp, OTA's and training camp. He's obviously not ready to lead the Chiefs.

I disagree, I believe King Carl made the decision on this. According to what we saw on hard knocks, Croyle was Herm's choice.

Brock 09-30-2007 10:35 PM

Dead argument, it isn't going to happen right now.

DaneMcCloud 09-30-2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp
I disagree, I believe King Carl made the decision on this. According to what we saw on hard knocks, Croyle was Herm's choice.

So you think that Croyle actually WON the job (with his pitiful performances in the pre-season) but Carl over-ruled Herm's decision?

Nonsense. Anyone who actually WATCHED every series that Croyle directed KNOWS he's not ready.

Is there promise? Yes. He has a rocket arm but he consistently made bad decisions. Hopefully, his decision making will improve. But at this point, he's unproven and a switch at this time would be unwarranted.

And if you can't prove yourself in the pre-season facing "vanilla" defenses, you're in trouble when the games really start.

Wilson 10-01-2007 12:21 AM

the wheels on the bus go round and round...

keg in kc 10-01-2007 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
Nonsense. Anyone who actually WATCHED every series that Croyle directed KNOWS he's not ready.

Hyperbole much?

Huard was handed the job. He wasn't even given the opportunity to fail thanks to a fabricated "injury". Because, lest we forget, when he did play in the preseason, he turned the ball over After that, shockingly, he didn't play. He was "hurt".

In other words, he was protected so there wouldn't be a controversy.

The reality is that Croyle made what amounts to two bad decisions in the preseason. He also led the only scoring drive the 1's had, and looked amazing doing it.

That's called "inexperience", a problem which is not cured on the sidelines. You don't gain confidence on the sideline. You don't learn to recognize defenses at game speed on the sideline. You don't become a leader in the huddle on the sideline. You don't earn your team's respect on the sideline.

We haven't gotten anything from Huard that we wouldn't have gotten from Croyle. Poor throws into heavy coverage? Check. Receivers nearly decapitated because he regularly hangs them out to dry? Check. He hasn't done any of his vaunted "game management," throwing 5 picks, all of which were either poor throws or poor decisions.

Most of the notable plays in the second half against San Diego were balls that should never have been thrown in the first place, receivers making amazing plays to bail him out. Ditto for last week. Thank god for Dwayne Bowe, or we'd probably be sitting here at 0-4, in full meltdown mode. Because reality is that Huard is not an NFL starting calibre quarterback.

That said, you don't change QBs when you're winning. The real shame is that they started the season with him. Hopefully it's not going to set us back in '08, when we're scratching our collective heads wondering why Croyle doesn't look any better than he did in preseason '07.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-01-2007 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
Hyperbole much?

Huard was handed the job. He wasn't even given the opportunity to fail thanks to a fabricated "injury". Because, lest we forget, when he did play in the preseason, he turned the ball over After that, shockingly, he didn't play. He was "hurt".

The reality is that Croyle made what amounts to two bad decisions in the preseason. He also led the only scoring drive the 1's had, and looked amazing doing it.

That's called "inexperience", a problem which is not cured on the sidelines. You don't gain confidence on the sideline. You don't learn to recognize defenses at game speed on the sideline. You don't become a leader in the huddle on the sideline. You don't earn your team's respect on the sideline.

We haven't gotten anything from Huard that we wouldn't have gotten from Croyle. Poor throws into heavy coverage? Check. Receivers nearly decapitated because he regularly hangs them out to dry? Check. He hasn't done any of his vaunted "game management," throwing 5 picks, all of which were either poor throws or poor decisions.

Most of the notable plays in the second half against San Diego were balls that should never have been thrown in the first place, receivers making amazing plays to bail him out. Ditto for last week. Thank god for Dwayne Bowe, or we'd probably be sitting here at 0-4, in full meltdown mode. Because reality is that Huard is not an NFL starting calibre quarterback.

That said, you don't change QBs when you're winning. The real shame is that they started the season with him. Hopefully it's not going to set us back in '08, when we're scratching our collective heads wondering why Croyle doesn't look any better than he did in preseason '07.

This post is why you should be able to give pos rep to a post more than once :clap:

Hammock Parties 10-01-2007 12:33 AM

Huard's injury was not fabricated. He also played after he threw that interception. He played in two preseason games.

Croyle made a hell of a lot more than two bad decisions.

Only three of Huard's interceptions can directly be attributed to him. Two of them were on the receivers 100%. A third was meaningless, with the game already over. A fourth was a tipped ball, a freak play. The fifth was a GREAT PLAY by a defensive back. It's not like Huard is throwing blindly into coverage. NONE of his interceptions resemble the AWFUL throws Croyle made in preseason.

We HAVE to throw the ball 30 times a game right now. I don't trust Croyle. I trust Huard. He's not making dumb decisions.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2007 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
Hyperbole much?

Whatever.

Do you have HBO? Did you watch all the pre-season games?

I think not.

No offense Kyle, but analysis from a guy who say's he's "ready to shut the TV off and back to work" doesn't exactly inspire me to believe that you've really analyzed this like you would have in the past.

Croyle wasn't ready. Peter King said so. Donny Banks said so. Every writer for the Star said so. "Hard Knocks" proved so. And finally, the Chiefs said so.

Sorry if I'm not buying your story, or Hamas' story or Big Red Chief's story.

The Chiefs are 2-2 with one win over a 14 game winner from last year ON THE ROAD.

Sorry if I'm not all gloom and doom.

ChiefsCountry 10-01-2007 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE
Huard's injury was not fabricated. He also played after he threw that interception. He played in two preseason games.

Croyle made a hell of a lot more than two bad decisions.

Only three of Huard's interceptions can directly be attributed to him. Two of them were on the receivers 100%. A third was meaningless, with the game already over. A fourth was a tipped ball, a freak play. The fifth was a GREAT PLAY by a defensive back. It's not like Huard is throwing blindly into coverage. NONE of his interceptions resemble the AWFUL throws Croyle made in preseason.

We HAVE to throw the ball 30 times a game right now. I don't trust Croyle. I trust Huard. He's not making dumb decisions.

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/669592.html

KCChiefsMan 10-01-2007 12:44 AM

and I'm still gonna say that if Herm puts in Sippio then him and Damon will be in the probowl in febuary...j/k

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-01-2007 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry

I"m sorry, the only thing I saw on that page was a video of Hayden Panettiere with jiz on her face :whackit:

Hammock Parties 10-01-2007 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry

Yeah, that was before Croyle shat all over my hope.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-01-2007 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE
"The simple truth of the situation is that kid can make throws Huard wouldn’t dream of attempting.

And yeah, maybe that kid came right back on the next series, threw an awful pass off his back foot – the kind that gives you bad dreams - and cost the Chiefs some points. That happens with young quarterbacks. It probably won’t be the last time it happens with Croyle. But let’s be honest here. The only other option is a guy who fumbled nine times last year and once hit Jason Taylor right in the hands with a pass.

That isn’t to say I don’t like Damon Huard. It wasn’t so long ago I was one of the few people who believed in him. But the evidence is overwhelming at this point - it appears to me the Chiefs have already chosen to believe in Croyle.

Why not join them?

Get behind the kid. "

:shake: