ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   CHIEFS PLAYERS RANK AMONG LEAGUE LEADERS IN NFL EUROPE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115793)

jspchief 05-05-2005 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal
And that's where you are wrong. A lot of these guys are mid-to-late round draft picks and free agents who need more playing time to fine-tune a part of their game.

Scott Connot is a perfect example- his play overseas is proving he knows how to get to the ball and that translates well to the NFL.

Again- I'm not saying any of these guys are immediate starters, but they CAN be contributors....

Let's put it this way- why the ***** would the NFL teams send these guys, and pay these guys to challenge for a spot in the NFL if, by your terms- they have no chance? Seems like a lot of wasted money to me....

Where did I say they had no chance? You're just making sh*t up.

Maybe you should read my posts again. I never said anyone "had no chance". All I said was that I was tempering my optimism because of the quality of players he's up against. I said in my very first post that I hoped he could contirbute on special teams.

NFLE players are not of the same caliber as NFL players. Period. Therefore, IMO, production against NFLE players doesn't necessarily translate to production int the NFL.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's rare that it carries over to the NFL. Go to nfleurope.com and look at the stats leaders going back to 2001. Recognize any names? Very few. So for the last 4 years, out of all of these guys that excelled in NFLE, there is barely anyone that has succeeded in the NFL. I rest my case.

Bob Dole 05-05-2005 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
IIRC we cut Connot around the time we signed Knight

He's still showing up on the roster.

KCTitus 05-05-2005 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75
And to think that Rich's talent exceled against top NCAA teams does nothing for his ability to many members ?

No way, clearly it was those 8-10 plays in preseason against future FedEx drivers that sold me. Like you said, it's a conspiracy that Gun and DV hate Scanlon and wont give him a shot to play so he's limited to making penalites...errr....tackles on ST.

ROYC75 05-05-2005 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
No way, clearly it was those 8-10 plays in preseason against future FedEx drivers that sold me. Like you said, it's a conspiracy that Gun and DV hate Scanlon and wont give him a shot to play so he's limited to making penalites...errr....tackles on ST.

Now you are making things up. I never said they hate him. I said he went undrafted for certain reasons and the coaches are going to play the drafted players more to evaluate their abilty. My comments were that I don't know why, I always questioned or wondered why.I said that Rich was better than Mitchell at that time during preseason.

As for you, you have always been against Rich from day 1. I expect negative things from you on this, it's a given when you speak of him.

Mr. Laz 05-05-2005 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobChief
He's still showing up on the roster.

coulda sworn we cut someone that was in NFLE when we signed some free agents this offseason.

cuz i remembered thinking about whether they player would just get the boot off his allocation team as well since we pay his salary.

:hmmm:

KCTitus 05-05-2005 10:11 AM

Quote:

Now you are making things up. I never said they hate him. I said he went undrafted for certain reasons and the coaches are going to play the drafted players more to evaluate their abilty. My comments were that I don't know why, I always questioned or wondered why.I said that Rich was better than Mitchell at that time during preseason.

As for you, you have always been against Rich from day 1. I expect negative things from you on this, it's a given when you speak of him.

Im not against Rich, Im his biggest fan. That whole last preseason game he played convinced me too. When I see talent like that I just cant ignore it. He's super!

ROYC75 05-05-2005 10:13 AM

Quote:

Im not against Rich, Im his biggest fan. That whole last preseason game he played convinced me too. When I see talent like that I just cant ignore it. He's super!

ROFL That's funny ,but really more like... :rolleyes:

Wanna try it again ?

Bob Dole 05-05-2005 10:18 AM

All this petty squabbling could have been avoided if we had simply drafted Matt Jones.

Damnit Carl!

KCTitus 05-05-2005 10:18 AM

Quote:

ROFL That's funny ,but really more like... :rolleyes:

Wanna try it again ?

I dont know, do you have a lisp or something that I need to add to it?

KCTitus 05-05-2005 10:20 AM

Quote:

N...I said he went undrafted for certain reasons and the coaches are going to play the drafted players more to evaluate their abilty...

Is this going to be your excuse if Grigsby winds up making Scanlon fanny -shine the bench this year?

ROYC75 05-05-2005 10:22 AM

Maybe if Rich had commited to football instead of medical school first, along with a deep draft of LB's he would have been drafted.

BTA, it would have been some other team that didn't need help at LB's like we did.

Why do you guys think he came to KC ? He had a choice of 31 other teams as well.

Bob Dole 05-05-2005 10:23 AM

Quote:

Why do you guys think he came to KC ? He had a choice of 31 other teams as well.

Bob Dole isn't sure why. Rich stopped returning Bob Dole's calls.

ROYC75 05-05-2005 10:23 AM

Quote:

Is this going to be your excuse if Grigsby winds up making Scanlon fanny -shine the bench this year?

After going to NFLE and being the dominate defensive player to date, Hardly.

But what will your excuse be if Rich is ahead of Grigsby be ?

KCTitus 05-05-2005 10:24 AM

Quote:

I didnt realize that UDFA's chose teams...I thought that teams offered contracts to UDFA's. Do they teach you these things after teaching you how to break down game film or something?

KCTitus 05-05-2005 10:26 AM

Quote:

After going to NFLE and being the dominate defensive player to date, Hardly.

But what will your excuse be if Rich is ahead of Grigsby be ?

I wont really care, but something tells me that Scanlon making 3rd string LB will cause Roy to self fellate about it.