ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Taco John wants a new QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108157)

Hammock Parties 01-10-2005 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
You need to teach us to be smarter.

ROFL

Gotta rep that.

Eleazar 01-10-2005 09:49 AM

Quote:

And still, he had a good 2004.

How about the tank toward the end of the season that left the team limping into the playoff slaughter? Even one more win would have put the team as the 5 seed and avoided the your-number-having Colts.

Iowanian 01-10-2005 09:52 AM

Didn't the Donks just give Elvis Plummer a 5 year extention a couple of weeks ago?

hahaha

Trent Green > Elvis Plummer

At least Denver traded Portis for Champ Bartee.

the Talking Can 01-10-2005 09:52 AM

thank god Jack Plummber is the Donco QB

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
How about the tank toward the end of the season that left the team limping into the playoff slaughter? Even one more win would have put the team as the 5 seed and avoided the your-number-having Colts.

Sure, had they won at KC or at SD, that would have helped.

Had they not lost by 1 point to Jax, that would have helped.

Had they not lost that big lead late to OAK at home, that would have helped.

Had they not let Chad Johnson and the Bengals go wild, that would have helped.

Had they not been the first team to really let Vick go nuts, rushing and passing, that would have helped.

Pick a game - any of the ones above. It's not all Plummer. The defense failed them just as often and didn't live up to their billing.

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
thank god Jack Plummber is the Donco QB

I'm glad they were able to make your season, offseason and seasons to come. :clap:

the Talking Can 01-10-2005 09:54 AM

Plummber can only read half the field at a time...that's why he rolls out, he can't handle the mental strains of a real pass offense...

patteeu 01-10-2005 09:56 AM

Quote:

Bottom line is, there are no free agent options that appeal to me. I understand the issues with him in the pocket. Griese was a better pocket passer and less mobile.

There just aren't many really good QBs that have both... none that are on the market or in the draft.

So, you work with what you have. 4,000+ yards and 27 TDs is good. 20 INTs is not, but we'll go from there.

I hate to help you guys out, but Jeff George could probably be signed for a reasonable amount. I'm serious.

Hammock Parties 01-10-2005 09:59 AM

Quote:

he can't handle the mental strains of a real pass offense...

http://img88.exs.cx/img88/9752/mitchellplummer.gif

Eleazar 01-10-2005 09:59 AM

Quote:

Sure, had they won at KC or at SD, that would have helped.

Had they not lost by 1 point to Jax, that would have helped.

Had they not lost that big lead late to OAK at home, that would have helped.

Had they not let Chad Johnson and the Bengals go wild, that would have helped.

Had they not been the first team to really let Vick go nuts, rushing and passing, that would have helped.

Pick a game - any of the ones above. It's not all Plummer. The defense failed them just as often and didn't live up to their billing.

Sorry. I guess I missed all the games that you wouldn't have won without him. I saw a couple that you might not have lost without him.

RNR 01-10-2005 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu
I hate to help you guys out, but Jeff George could probably be signed for a reasonable amount. I'm serious.

ROFL he helped Oakland in the draft, if Denver is looking to move up in the draft he is their guy.

Eleazar 01-10-2005 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider
ROFL he helped Oakland in the draft, if Denver is looking to move up in the draft he is their guy.

Hey, maybe Todd Marinovich is a free man?

philfree 01-10-2005 10:02 AM

We'll trade them Todd Collins to them for Champ Bailey :thumb:

PhilFree :arrow:

RNR 01-10-2005 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Hey, maybe Todd Marinovich is a free man?

Last I heard he had a rock band no kidding!

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 10:05 AM

Quote:

Plummber can only read half the field at a time...that's why he rolls out, he can't handle the mental strains of a real pass offense...

I'm not totally happy that he's not a "complete" QB... bottom line is that there isn't one available. There really wasn't one available when they signed Plummer. So, they've made the best of the situation - in my opinion.

Yes, he has issues, but he showed this year that he can do well. Jake could have thrown for 15 INTs (even 10) and many would still call him a failure. That's fine.

Going into this season and throughout, I said this was not a "super bowl team", but I believed and still believe the foundation is there. Super Bowl teams are not built over night.

The last draft was a very good draft, the first near complete draft in a long time for Denver. Williams is a stud. Bell looks like he can and will be the real deal in 2005. Luke and Watts showed really nice signs of being #3-4 receivers. Roc Alexander was a street FA (I believe) and while he was inserted as a starter due to injuries and was SMOKED yesterday, he's a rookie and hopefully he learned some painful lessons.

There are a number of holes to fill, but Denver can be a 10+ win team again and compete for the division. The question is, can they game plan better. I don't know if it's Coyer or Shanahan or Kubiak ... but, they had mental lapses at times. Maybe it's burnout for Shanahan, I dunno.

All I know is that Indy again exposed the defense yesterday. I didn't like how Shanahan crafted the game plan in the first half or whether or not he stuck with it.

Denver has the making to be a 10 win team that does only that and nothing else, that's what they've been for 2 years now. They've made some solid moves and draft picks the last 2 years, time to continue that this offseason and hope for the best.

Denver again faded down the stretch in the second half, which is greatly concerning. I'm not sure how they address that, but they need to fix it. Changing QBs isn't the way to fix it in my mind.

Many of their defensive woes are directly drawn back to the ineffective pass rush and lack of creating turnovers. If you're not pressuring the QB and you're not creating turnovers... the defense is in for a long day and that's exactly what they have been the last 2-3 seasons.

Has Plummer done some dumb things? Yes. But, he's played better in big games than the defense has and isn't that where building championship teams start?