ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Draft Trading (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137762)

KCTitus 03-22-2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KHinz57
Oh ... I must've missed the one that actually had the GM and the Coach discussing player for player who they are going to get and why? I'm so foolish!

Hey look...we can find agreement after all. :thumb:

Given your assumption, why would the coaches be in the room at all?

KHinz57 03-22-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
Hey look...we can find agreement after all. :thumb:

Given your assumption, why would the coaches be in the room at all?

Maybe the war room is the only room in the complex that gets cable?

Furthermore, I also missed the soundclips where they show you their draft work and let you look on their draft board.

nascher 03-22-2006 02:33 PM

pick 15 is worth about 1050 points per value chart.
Pick 29 640

3rd pick #87 155 points
and a future 4th rounder considered a 5th because of next year.

Pretty good deal for Denver.

KCTitus 03-22-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Maybe the war room is the only room in the complex that gets cable?

Furthermore, I also missed the soundclips where they show you their draft work and let you look on their draft board.

It's certainly possible that they only have one room that gets cable TV in the stadiums.

You're moving away from your initial assumption that coaches are not involved in the draft process by any other team besides KC. I appreciate the attempt to squiggle out of your initial faux pas.

Cormac 03-22-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nascher
pick 15 is worth about 1050 points per value chart.
Pick 29 640

3rd pick #87 155 points
and a future 4th rounder considered a 5th because of next year.

Pretty good deal for Denver.

Thanks nascher. I figured that. I guess Tags will see no reason not to approve it either.

Typical.

ct 03-22-2006 03:55 PM

Quote:

Considering the success the Denver Broncos had with it, maybe the Chiefs should explore something like that with New York Jets. Do something like this:

NEW YORK JETS GET:
20th Overall Pick in 1st Round
4th Round Pick in 2006
3rd Round Pick in 2007

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GET:
4th Overall Pick in 1st Round

That way we have the chance to grab Mario Williams who is supposed to be a "can't miss" ready to contribute DE.

Your thought process is good, and if we could pull that off, hell yeah!! Here's the problem: Denver moved up from 29 to 15, and we would move up from 20 to 4, only slightly higher number of picks. BUT...the 4th overall is ridiculously more expensive than 15. Conclusion, it's not near enough.

milkman 03-22-2006 04:02 PM

KHinz57
Banned

Well hell, that didn't take long!

nascher 03-22-2006 05:07 PM

In fact 4th overall choice worth 1800 points.
20th 850.

Impossible to move up with all draft picks we have this year even a 1st rounder next year wouldn't be enough.

Tribal Warfare 03-22-2006 05:10 PM

from what I've been told it's between Kiwi and Bunkley that KC's eyeing the most

Rausch 03-22-2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

Oh ... I must've missed the one that actually had the GM and the Coach discussing player for player who they are going to get and why? I'm so foolish!

If you'd like to take the time to look you can find video of numerous war room discussions. The Peterson/Marty discussion over Percy Snow is the first that comes to mind...

milkman 03-22-2006 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
If you'd like to take the time to look you can find video of numerous war room discussions. The Peterson/Marty discussion over Percy Snow is the first that comes to mind...

Since he's apparently been banned, I guess he'll have plenty of time to look.

HerculesRockefell 03-22-2006 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
from what I've been told it's between Kiwi and Bunkley that KC's eyeing the most

How far do they think they'll have to move up to get Bunkley? Because he's not lasting until #20.