ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Why do we suck in 2007? Blame our drafts and King Carl. Evidence can't be denied. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171865)

BigRedChief 10-08-2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator
Beats me... About four productive players ( Hall, Tait, Wesley, and Stills) and probably only one who should be starting (Tait). That's not a good record out of 35 picks. That's around 11%.

And less than 3% of these players drafted by the Chiefs still play for the chiefs.

And 77% of them are out of football entirely!

I didn't really realize it was so bad until I started searching for each of these players in NFL rosters.

Mark

Wonder what the ratio is for other teams? Can't imagine its this bad.

keg in kc 10-08-2007 02:59 PM

Been saying this for years now. The Chiefs have drafted poorly since 1994, bad drafting in general with the occasional homerun pick every few years, and that's the main reason the franchise has been stuck in neutral for nearly a decade. No depth, no talent, and too many holes for free agency to fill. We've come a long way in two offseasons, roster wise, although I thought we'd be better than we apparently are this year. The offense has further to go it seems. Hopefully another solid offseason will do the trick.

Archie Bunker 10-08-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
How do the King Carl defenders justify this record?

Who defends Carl?

HemiEd 10-08-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile_E_Coyote
Wilson has been the one of the most consistent playmakers on the offense

Yep, he only does what the coaches let him do. He has only dropped three catchable balls since he has been a Chief. I think the guy has a lot of talent, if they would only use it more.

HemiEd 10-08-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator
Total Players Drafted: 35

Players remaining on our roster from these drafts: 1
. Greg Wesley SS

Players on other teams rosters: 7

. Ryan Sims (played in no games this year)
. Scott Fujita (starts for New Orleans, third team)
. Monty Beisel (backup in Arizona)
. Terdell Sands (starts in Oakland - 3 tackles)
. Dante Hall (St. Louis)
. John Tait (starts in Chicago)
. Gary Stills ( backup in Baltimore )

Now THAT, is PRICELESS!

Of the player we drafted, I would takeStills back for special teams only, and of course, Tait. And Wesley is a good backup safety.

Terrible drafting.

What is this supposed to represent, what time frame?

Sfeihc 10-08-2007 03:21 PM

You can bitch and moan about CP every day from dawn until dusk but you still cut the check for season tickets. He laughs and counts the cash while you get to watch the mess.

Messier 10-08-2007 03:32 PM

Quote:

I'm not going to even bother with Free Agents. JEEZZZ if King Carl has one good FA pick up I don't remember and in 17 years of picking up FA's seems I should remember one?

Well even if you disagree I'm going to list free agents that the Chiefs acquired directly from college, or within a year after they entered the NFL, that were starters and made major contributions to the team.

Eric Hicks
Tracy Simien
Lonnie Marts
Kimble Anders
Tony Richardson
Willie Davis
Vaughn Booker
Brian Waters

GoHuge 10-08-2007 03:34 PM

Wow, thats like having no draft for a five year period. Explains how we got to where we are. This puts into perspective how good Herm may be at talent evaluation. Like it or not he's brought in some talent.

ChiefGator 10-08-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
What is this supposed to represent, what time frame?

The years in the thread starter... 1998-2002 inclusive.

BigRedChief 10-08-2007 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier
Well even if you disagree I'm going to list free agents that the Chiefs acquired directly from college, or within a year after they entered the NFL, that were starters and made major contributions to the team.

Eric Hicks
Tracy Simien
Lonnie Marts
Kimble Anders
Tony Richardson
Willie Davis
Vaughn Booker
Brian Waters

There you go. 17 years of free agency pick ups and thats the best King Carl can do? 1 contributer every 2 years.

Buehler445 10-08-2007 10:23 PM

Great post Big Red Chief. I didn't realize it was THAT bad. Jebus.

a1na2 10-08-2007 11:02 PM

Additions to the roster.

Joe Montana
Marcus Allen

I forgot, this is a "what have you done for me lately" thread. Jeesh. Get a grip guys, the Chiefs are bad because the HC doesn't know how to handle offense in the slightest. Granted he doesn't have top of the line personnel, but these guys outclass anything sitting at home watching TV at the moment.

A great HC can take a sows ear and make a silk purse out of it. This guy can take the leagues best offense and scrap it in a single year. Like I said, if you can't get professionals to do their job you aren't doing your job.

10 fuggin yards on offense? Time to clear the bench and take all of the offensive line out for the second and third stringers. Somewhere even a dog finds a bone and these OL seem to be checking their shoe laces when the ball is snapped. It shouldn't be ability alone that you are nailing for failure there. Leadership, or lack of it from the HC position is the main reason we suck at the moment, not to mention that he can't lay out a game plan utilizing the offense because he doesn't know any more about offense than most of the posters here.

a1na2 10-08-2007 11:04 PM

Quote:

Wonder what the ratio is for other teams? Can't imagine its this bad.

What is the combined draft record of all of the other GM's in the league?

You guys seem to forget that there are more busts in the drafts than superstars. It's always been that way and always will.

CoMoChief 10-09-2007 12:51 AM

Why doesn't anyone ever interview Clark Hunt and ask him why he chooses to keep Carl Peterson around after all this time?

I don't think I've ever heard anyone in the media with enough balls to ask him that.

RedThat 10-09-2007 02:02 AM

Now that drafting, is no drafting at all....I don't have a word to describe it? That's how awful it is.

We dont' have 1 player from those drafts on our roster right now.

Major setback for an organization, major setback. And what kills me is, they still keep CP. Only in KC.

I guess Herm Edwards and Bill Kuharich came in as shot in the arm to give this organization a better improvement at selecting talent in the draft.