ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft ****The REAL OFFICIAL 2008 NFL Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183417)

UteChief 04-23-2008 08:22 PM

How can you have an official draft thread when it's still a few days away. I feel and maybe I'm crazy but official threads should happen when something starts. It's bugged me since the official gameday threads that start on Friday or Thursday (unless the game is Thursday).

Who is with me???

Mr. Kotter 04-23-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteChief (Post 4704676)
How can you have an official draft thread when it's still a few days away. I feel and maybe I'm crazy but official threads should happen when something starts. It's bugged me since the official gameday threads that start on Friday or Thursday (unless the game is Thursday).

Who is with me???

Knock yourself out, noob.... :thumb:

Make a poll if you want....that's the way this joint is run, in case you haven't noticed....

72 hours before the most important draft in recent Chief's history, warrants it IMHO.

;)

Mr. Kotter 04-24-2008 09:53 AM

What do you guys think of Carl Nicks? :hmmm:

I'm wondering if he could be a third round steal as an OLineman from Nebraska....the new Will Shields???

:hmmm:

Carl Nicks
OT | (6'4", 341, 5.219) | NEBRASKA
Scouts Grade: 75

Flags: (C: CHARACTER) Problems on and off the field
View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History
You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: A massive ROT prospect with a thick build, long arms (34.6 inches) and big hands (10 inches). Displays adequate initial quickness when firing out of his stance as a run blocker. Can engulf smaller defenders at the point of attack in the run game. Works to finish his blocks and displays a mean streak at times. Will sustain his blocks when his hand-placement is sound. Can anchor versus the bull rush when he plays with leverage. Displays a quick set in pass pro for an OT his size. Also has very good upper body strength to jar defenders with his initial punch. Lots of upside to work with as a developmental project.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal athletic ability. Is quick on a straight line but struggles to move laterally. Will have trouble getting back inside in pass pro. Does not redirect quickly enough at times. Struggles to hit the moving target in space. Needs to play with more consistent leverage. When he comes out of stance too high he is vulnerable versus powerful bull rush. No excuse for him getting walked back into his own QB like he did versus Wake Forest DE Jeremy Thompson. His footwork and hand placement need a lot of polishing.

Overall: Nicks signed with New Mexico State out of high school (2003), switching from defensive tackle to the offensive line. In 2004, he transferred to Hartnell (Salinas, Calif.) CC, where he played two seasons (2004-'05). Nicks also threw shot put and discus for Hartnell's track team. He transferred to Nebraska in 2006, appearing in 11 games (two starts) at right tackle in his first season with the Cornhuskers. As a senior in 2007, he moved to left tackle and made 11 starts, appearing in all 12 games. He missed the first quarter of last season's Kansas State game because of disciplinary reasons. Nicks is a couple notches below elite-tackle prospects such as Jake Long, Ryan Clady and Chris Williams. He played left tackle as a senior at Nebraska but he is a far better fit on the right side. Nicks moves well enough for his size but he does not possesses ideal agility for the position, so his technique must improve considerably before he's ready to compete for playing time at the next level. If coached properly, though, Nicks has the massive size, short-area quickness and mean streak to develop into a quality starter in the NFL Nicks should come off the board late in the second round or early in the third round.

Mr. Kotter 04-24-2008 03:11 PM

T minus 46 hours and counting....

;)

My priority for the evening is setting the Saturday afternoon/evening menu....

Hammock Parties 04-24-2008 03:14 PM

I absolutely love Carl Nicks. I think he'd be a terrific right tackle.

Williams in the 1st, Nicks in the 2nd, Chilo Rachal in the 3rd...forget about the OL for a decade.

El Jefe 04-24-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 4703762)
no thanks, I'll just read whatever findthedr copies

:evil:

LMAO.

El Jefe 04-24-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4706639)
I absolutely love Carl Nicks. I think he'd be a terrific right tackle.

Williams in the 1st, Nicks in the 2nd, Chilo Rachal in the 3rd...forget about the OL for a decade.

What do you think about Gosder Cherilus? out of curiosity...

Hammock Parties 04-24-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoLJ (Post 4706650)
What do you think about Gosder Cherilus? out of curiosity...

I think he's better than that sack of shit Otah.

Mr. Kotter 04-24-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4706654)
I think he's better than that sack of shit Otah.

We'd almost have to take Cherilus in the 2nd round though....he won't be there in the third.

I doubt that Cherilus will last until the 35th pick though....

Imagine the transformation, potentially, of the OLine.....with the additions of Williams, Cherilus, and Nicks. :eek:

However, that might force Waters to Center....which is why I think Mike Pollak in the third is a more likely scenario.

:thumb:

Hammock Parties 04-24-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 4706673)
We'd almost have to take Cherilus in the 2nd round though....he won't be there in the third.

I doubt that Cherilus will last until the 35th pick though....

Imagine the transformation, potentially, of the OLine.....with the additions of Williams, Cherilus, and Nicks. :eek:

:thumb:

I think I'd rather spend a pick on a guard later in the draft and take Nicks in the 2nd. In a perfect world Nicks is available early in the 3rd.

DT Fan 04-24-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 4703648)
I have my own thread on what I ideally want:

Round 1

5. DT Sedrick Ellis (USC)
17. OT Chris Williams (Vanderbilt)

Round 2

4. DE Lawrence Jackson (USC)

Round 3

3. DE Chris Ellis (Virginia Tech)
10. OG/OT Eric Young (Tennessee)
19. WR Eddie Royal (Virginia Tech)

Round 4

6. CB Trae Williams (USF)

Round 5

1. WR Adarius Bowman (Oklahoma State)
5. TE Craig Davis (California)

Round 6

4. K Taylor Mehlhaff (Wisconsin)
21. CB Dwight Lowery (San Jose State)

Round 7

3. RB Dantrell Savage (Oklahoma State)
32. SS Caleb Campbell (Army)

Using three of the first four picks on D-Linemen seems a little excessive, when we already have a couple of young defensive linemen taken in the first two rounds the last two years.

I have to think that even if it's Sedrick Ellis and Chris Williams in the first, it wouldn't be two DEs with the next two. Maybe Jackson and a CB/OL or someone like James Hardy if he's there and then take the other Ellis still in the third.

Mr. Kotter 04-24-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4706695)
I think I'd rather spend a pick on a guard later in the draft and take Nicks in the 2nd. In a perfect world Nicks is available early in the 3rd.

Which of the centers do you like....anyone worth a fourth or fifth round pick if Pollak is gone? :shrug:

Direckshun 04-24-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DT Fan (Post 4706705)
Using three of the first four picks on D-Linemen seems a little excessive, when we already have a couple of young defensive linemen taken in the first two rounds the last two years.

I have to think that even if it's Sedrick Ellis and Chris Williams in the first, it wouldn't be two DEs with the next two. Maybe Jackson and a CB/OL or someone like James Hardy if he's there and then take the other Ellis still in the third.

Giants proved last year that you can beat anyone if you attack the passer.

Direckshun 04-24-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 4706707)
Which of the centers do you like....anyone worth a fourth or fifth round pick if Pollak is gone? :shrug:

Hell there are centers worth attention who are available later than that.

Hammock Parties 04-24-2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 4706707)

I don't know shit about the centers coming out this year. Tom Marino, Scout's draft expert, rated Kory Lichtensteiger behind Pollak though.