ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Today may have been a blessing in disguise (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239500)

keg in kc 01-02-2011 05:31 PM

It doesn't really matter. Beat the Ravens next week and nobody will care about losing to the Raiders in week 17. And they can beat the Ravens.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-02-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7315240)
It doesn't really matter. Beat the Ravens next week and nobody will care about losing to the Raiders in week 17. And they can beat the Ravens.

Which is the better matchup, Jets or Ravens?

keg in kc 01-02-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7315249)
Which is the better matchup, Jets or Ravens?

Jets in my opinion, but other people will disagree.

I think they're both beatable, especially at home.

FAX 01-02-2011 05:38 PM

I don't know if we were blessed today, but I do know that Haley delivered the best press conference of his career after the game. He said all the right things in the correct order.

The soap opera fans will be disappointed, though. Apparently, Haley and Weis still like each other. And, even though I still think Weis should be shipped via ground freight to Alaska in order to be harvested for blubber, his decision appears to be based on issues entirely unrelated to play calling, control of the offense, or dibs on the last potato chip.

Anyhow, given that Haley is still relatively new to this head coaching deal, he seems to have the right attitude and is keeping the bigger picture in mind. Can't help but like this guy.

FAX

WilliamTheIrish 01-02-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 7314869)
Young team. Playoff game secured. Some off-field coaching distractions and probably some of the younger players playing not to get hurt so they don't miss next week.

We were prime for a let down game today.

Sincerely, Sam Hall/ after any and all NU losses.

How about this? We got beat, physically along the LOS. Absolutely destroyed by their DLine. Give them some credit Pete.

It had nothing to do with anything you wrote and everything to do with them physically whipping this team in the trenches.

DeezNutz 01-02-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 7315269)
I don't know if we were blessed today, but I do know that Haley delivered the best press conference of his career after the game. He said all the right things in the correct order.

The soap opera fans will be disappointed, though. Apparently, Haley and Weis still like each other. And, even though I still think Weis should be shipped via ground freight to Alaska in order to be harvested for blubber, his decision appears to be based on issues entirely unrelated to play calling, control of the offense, or dibs on the last potato chip.

Anyhow, given that Haley is still relatively new to this head coaching deal, he seems to have the right attitude and is keeping the bigger picture in mind. Can't help but like this guy.

FAX

I concur. But I was equally interested in his claims about "immediately putting the loss behind" the team. Not in 5 hours, as he said, but now.

Smart.

FAX 01-02-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7315285)
I concur. But I was equally interested in his claims about "immediately putting the loss behind" the team. Not in 5 hours, as he said, but now.

Smart.

Exactly. Which, by the way, he said he would have done win or lose.

Haley continues to impress me with his ability to keep the priorities sorted in good order.

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-02-2011 06:01 PM

Good conference.

petegz28 01-02-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7315277)
Sincerely, Sam Hall/ after any and all NU losses.

How about this? We got beat, physically along the LOS. Absolutely destroyed by their DLine. Give them some credit Pete.

It had nothing to do with anything you wrote and everything to do with them physically whipping this team in the trenches.

I didn't know you were the collective mind of the Chiefs???

Frankie 01-02-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7315260)
Jets in my opinion, but other people will disagree.

I think they're both beatable, especially at home.

Ravens had some trouble beating the Browns today. Doesn't mean much, but it could be THEM coming out flat next week.

petegz28 01-02-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7315537)
Ravens had some trouble beating the Browns today. Doesn't mean much, but it could be THEM coming out flat next week.

:LOL:I hope they had trouble beating the Browns today since they played the Bengals!

Frankie 01-02-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 7315543)
:LOL:I hope they had trouble beating the Browns today since they played the Bengals!

The Bengals is who I meant. You laugh at my goof again and I'll take my rep back.

petegz28 01-02-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7315555)
The Bengals is who I meant. You laugh at my goof again and I'll take my rep back.

I'm just fun'n with ya