ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life I was raped last night (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241321)

Donger 02-07-2011 09:51 AM

I didn't even know who that "group" was, so I suppose I had no expectations of them being very good.

DaFace 02-07-2011 09:53 AM

I wonder when the last time there was a SB halftime show where everyone was like "Wow...that was a good halftime show."

Sofa King 02-07-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7413676)
I wonder when the last time there was a SB halftime show where everyone was like "Wow...that was a good halftime show."

remember the guys that used to fly around in jetpacks to the tune of marching bands?

I'd say somewhere near then.

notorious 02-07-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7413546)
They should just let two pee-wee football teams play for 12 minutes.

This is full of WIN.

tooge 02-07-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

the two that stand out for me that were pretty solid were Tom Petty and U2. This years was perhaps the worst one I can ever remember, by far. Anytime a band has to bring out the guitarist of another band (Slash) just to be able to have someone that can actually play an instrument, and because they don't have enough of their own songs to take up 20 minutes of airtime, it is bad. Real bad.

the Talking Can 02-07-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

easy

Prince

Extra Point 02-07-2011 10:16 AM

The last good halftime show featured Carol Channing and the SMU Marching Band (SB IV).

Okay, I don't remember the half time show, but I remember who won!

From the list ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...halftime_shows ), I'd have to go with the Stones.

FAX 02-07-2011 10:18 AM

The Black Eyed Peas have made some good music, in my opinion. That's not the problem.

The problem is that these "people" who are responsible for the half-time shows have no clue how to pull them off. The audio always sucks and there are always thousands of goons dancing or milling about the stage for some undecipherable reason. This time they lit up. Woo hoo.

These bands can pull off a large concert venue in fine shape. That isn't the issue. It's the SB management or something that turns the group (whoever it is) into a poorly-mixed, poorly produced caricature of itself.

FAX

jAZ 02-07-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7413595)
When was the last time the Super Bowl halftime show didn't suck?

I guess that's a serious question, since I haven't watched one in years.

And I thought black eyed peas was a southern side dish.

U2 after 9/11?

jAZ 02-07-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 7413722)
The Black Eyed Peas have made some good music, in my opinion. That's not the problem.

The problem is that these "people" who are responsible for the half-time shows have no clue how to pull them off. The audio always sucks and there are always thousands of goons dancing or milling about the stage for some undecipherable reason. This time they lit up. Woo hoo.

These bands can pull off a large concert venue in fine shape. That isn't the issue. It's the SB management or something that turns the group (whoever it is) into a poorly-mixed, poorly produced caricature of itself.

FAX

I saw the BEP's open for U2 last year at UofP Stadium in Phx and they just aren't very good live. Their songs are very produced, which never translates well to live performances. Expecting that, my expectations were lower than most, I guess. I thought the performance was OK, albeit with some major technical malfunctions (LOVE staging lights).

Gonzo 02-07-2011 10:26 AM

IMHO, do away with the half time abortion all together and give the money you'd spend on it to a charity or something. I can't recall the last time I saw a good half-time show.
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu 02-07-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point (Post 7413721)
The last good halftime show featured Carol Channing and the SMU Marching Band (SB IV).

Okay, I don't remember the half time show, but I remember who won!

From the list ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...halftime_shows ), I'd have to go with the Stones.

The Stones were horrible (IMO) and they convinced me that no elderly rockers should ever do the show again.

FAX 02-07-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 7413731)
I saw the BEP's open for U2 last year at UofP Stadium in Phx and they just aren't very good live. Their songs are very produced, which never translates well to live performances. Expecting that, my expectations were lower than most, I guess. I thought the performance was OK, albeit with some major technical malfunctions (LOVE staging lights).

I know that they're a studio group, Mr. jaZ. I haven't seen them live, but I assume it's basically karaoke. Nevertheless, they're seasoned pros and they can pull off a short live set - no problemo sin el electonica de baile hombres con cuadro de la cabeza.

The problem last night lies with whoever "produced" that pile of crap, in my humble opinion.

FAX

ChiTown 02-07-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7413744)
The Stones were horrible (IMO) and they convinced me that no elderly rockers should ever do the show again.

Actually, The Who was worse than The Stones. I wanted to shoot my face listening to them last year

Over-Head 02-07-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7413480)
by the Black Eyed Peas....in which jurisdiction do I file charges, the Underverse? that place in Avatar? Waterworld?

all I see when I sleep now is a harpy screaming at me while simultaneously eating a bowl of chili and crackers...my dreams smell like urine

ROFLROFL