ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Need some advice (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271055)

notorious 03-14-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9491003)
I would contact the authorities who had jurisdiction over the accident. They'll tell you exactly what to do and they'll probably even grease some wheels for you. I'm sure this isn't the first time that has happened and somebody wanted to protect their investment without seeming insensitive to the family.

This.

Local PD will get you going in the right direction.

Fire Me Boy! 03-14-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9490269)
Did he have collision on it? If he did, it may belong to the insurance company

Can you actually insure something you don't have a fiduciary interest in (since you never filed the title, it's still yours)?

Nickel D 03-14-2013 12:41 PM

This involves a 12-step process...

Step 1: Acknowledge that you're @%#*ed.

I've forgotten what Steps 2-12 are.

stevieray 03-14-2013 12:51 PM

another one? damn!

riding a bike in that part of country is dangerous as hell.

gblowfish 03-14-2013 01:05 PM

I had some dealings with the Hot Springs Police Dept about a year ago and found them to be very helpful.

The bike thing is tricky, because his family probably sees "the bike" and what it represents as kind of the cause of this horrible accident. But its a vehicle, and payment is owed on it. Don't think if it were property of the insurance company that they would show any humanity. Those people are heartless in all cases. If the guy didn't have insurance -on the bike or on health insurance for his injuries, he's probably in a world of shit right now.

Iowanian 03-14-2013 01:22 PM

Tough situation.

I understand your angle. If the bike is sitting in a tow yard it's racking up a fee every day it sits there, so getting the bike out of hock isn't a terrible idea.

Once you have it, you can figure out what the right thing to do is, be that settle with insurance and pay over what you are owed to his estate or whatever.

Good luck. Shitty situation all around.

Bob Dole 03-14-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9497682)
Can you actually insure something you don't have a fiduciary interest in (since you never filed the title, it's still yours)?

Per the contract, he was to carry full coverage insurance and show me as the lien holder. Never verified.

Fire Me Boy! 03-14-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9499097)
Per the contract, he was to carry full coverage insurance and show me as the lien holder. Never verified.

I understand that's what your contract says. But from an insurance point of view (they're only looking out for themselves), I'm not sure since you are technically still the title holder that he has an insurable interest in the vehicle.

manchambo 03-14-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9490237)
Bob Dole and that friend just went and put padlocks on his trailer to keep the idiot meth head woman he was letting stay there from pawning all his stuff. (She has already done this to another acquaintance who turned himself in for failure to appear and got a week in the pokey.)

He knows no more than Bob Dole at the moment.

This meth head sounds promising. I would try to work it off with her in several depraved sex acts.

GloryDayz 03-14-2013 06:10 PM

What would GMAC do??? Get the money, or use a hack company to bug him on the phone (while he's in a coma - they will!!)...

You're "the man" now doode, you're going to be accused of it the rest of your life, so "be the man" and get your money...

Bob Dole 03-14-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9499151)
I understand that's what your contract says. But from an insurance point of view (they're only looking out for themselves), I'm not sure since you are technically still the title holder that he has an insurable interest in the vehicle.

Not all that concerned about the insurance paying anything, to be honest.

Fire Me Boy! 03-14-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9499358)

Probably not a huge deal for you, but if he doesn't have an insurable interest, they won't pay for the medical either.

Brock 03-14-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9499414)
Probably not a huge deal for you, but if he doesn't have an insurable interest, they won't pay for the medical either.

They dont pay shit for medical anyway. Like 4500 dollars.

crispystl 03-14-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9490225)
I would also just chalk it up and realize it could have been you.

This....and I can't believe I'm quoting a raiders fan

Dallas Chief 03-14-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9499358)

I think Bob Dole should do the right thing and reach out to the family, sooner rather than later. Take the approach that hey I don't want the bike to sit there and rack up charges on the family. You can help get it out since you are the title holder. Whether you take possession after that is a moot point, although you might be better off just walking away from it. In my mind, I think Bob Dole already knows that this is the right thing to do.