ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer request for my MIL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111875)

ROYC75 03-15-2005 09:08 AM

Rd 2 it is Bob ...... prayers and thoughts for Sophie,you,family and MIL.

RedNFeisty 03-15-2005 09:53 AM

Certainly.

Calcountry 03-15-2005 11:15 AM

Hang in there Dart. My Prayers are with you and your family.

Rain Man 03-15-2005 05:51 PM

Back troubles stink. I hope she comes through it well.

tommykat 03-15-2005 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
OK, round two is scheduled for tomorrow. This is going to be the more difficult of the two surgeries. The first was to repair the fractured vertabrae and lasted about two and a half hours. This one they are going to attempt to stabilize her spine with a bunch of hardware and could last 8-10 hours. Sure could use your all's prayers again.

Could a mod pin this to the top once again?

Give Soph a hug from me, OK considered yourself hugged too.....honestly you both and Mom are in my prayers. Take care of you and Soph too.

Dartgod 03-16-2005 08:09 AM

Well, she had a pretty rough go of it. The surgery lasted 10 hours and they had to give her a lot of blood and fluids during the operation. Not all that unusual, but not necessarily good for a dialysis patient. Her kidneys are not capable of removing that fluid so there is a strong possiblility that it could accumulate in her lungs and around her heart....not good. Also, they found some infection around the hardware from one of her previous surgeries, also not good. She'll spend the next 48 hours or so in ICU. If she does well there, she can go back to her regular room and continue with the recovery. The next 24 hours are critical, so keep the prayers coming.

I want to thank you all for all the good thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to me (and my wife!) and is the foundation of what makes this forum so great.

Dartgod 03-16-2005 01:51 PM

Just stopped by from the hospital to gather a few things. My MIL is not doing well. She hasn't awakened from surgery yet and they think she is in a coma. They have her on life support, and she may or may not pull out of it. It's in her and God's hands now.

More prayers would be appreciated.

big nasty kcnut 03-16-2005 01:58 PM

Dang hope she pull out of it. Just be positive.

milkman 03-16-2005 02:00 PM

I'm not a man of prayers, which is the reason I rarely respond to these type of threads, but I'll keep a good thought for you all.

Dartgod 03-16-2005 09:16 PM

Some good news, hopefully. Later this afternoon she started showing signs of waking up. She is responding to our voices, squeezing our hands when asked and raising her arms. She's still not awake, but the doctors think she is just taking a long time to shake off the effects of the anesthesia. They ran a lot of tests to see if she had a stroke and all came back negative. She's not out of the woods yet, but she has shown some improvement. Keep thinking good thoughts and I'll keep you updated.

C-Mac 03-16-2005 10:33 PM

Good to hear :thumb:

Phobia 03-16-2005 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Some good news, hopefully. Later this afternoon she started showing signs of waking up. She is responding to our voices, squeezing our hands when asked and raising her arms. She's still not awake, but the doctors think she is just taking a long time to shake off the effects of the anesthesia. They ran a lot of tests to see if she had a stroke and all came back negative. She's not out of the woods yet, but she has shown some improvement. Keep thinking good thoughts and I'll keep you updated.

Good deal. Hang in there.

mikey23545 03-17-2005 12:39 AM

More positive vibes and well wishes on the way, Dart.

Damn, I hate to hear that she has had to suffer so much...Hope she turns the corner soon....

Dartgod 03-20-2005 10:55 PM

Just wanted to update you on my MIL. She's still in ICU and not doing very good. She is not responding to anyone and is sleeping most of the time. She had the one day where she would nod her head or respond to verbal commands but hasn't been responsive since. She is breathing on her own, but they are giving her medication to keep her blood pressure up. She has had CT scans and still no sign of stroke. She has had some seizures but not sure if they have caused any damage. We are still hopeful that she will recover from this, but every day that hope gets slimmer. We really don't know what to expect. Please keep her in your thoughts.

Thanks.

stevieray 03-20-2005 11:04 PM

:( :( :(