ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Croyle deserves the Roethlisberger treatment (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171252)

donkhater 10-01-2007 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HypnotizedMonkey
A new life in that the division is unstable and instead of last place we're tied for first. There's still a lot of football to play but a team can rally around this kind of win. I'm far from saying this team is perfect, but Defense wins championships, and we've got 3 great weapons on offense in LJ, TG, and Bowe.
Sorry for being so excited, my lobotomy is scheduled for Friday. :)

I was jumping around and yelling throughout most of the second half yesterday. I LOVE seeing the Chiefs play well. That's the passonate fan in me.

The practical side is like the first human that realizes he is mortal. Sure it's great to be alive and you can certainly enjoy yourself while it lasts, but you know it's going to end and end badly.

Mr. Kotter 10-01-2007 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donkhater
New life as in how? A 10-6 team that gets bounced in the first round again instead of a 6-10 or 7-9 team that has information in which to build the team?

Insert veteran free agents (especially at QB), scrape through the season, win most of your home games, barely make or miss the playoffs, get embarrassed in the playoffs, rinse, repeat.

Ahh, the life of a Chiefs fan.

Nailed it. Nicely put. :clap:

HypnotizedMonkey 10-01-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

I was jumping around and yelling throughout most of the second half yesterday. I LOVE seeing the Chiefs play well. That's the passonate fan in me.

The practical side is like the first human that realizes he is mortal. Sure it's great to be alive and you can certainly enjoy yourself while it lasts, but you know it's going to end and end badly.

I, being NOT PSYCHIC, cannot KNOW that it is going to end badly. Sure, it's a GREAT hypothesis, and I'm sure you make a lot of money on your hotline.. but you can't tell me that we're out of it until we are, for a FACT, out of it.

Agree to disagree. Stay classy.

donkhater 10-01-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HypnotizedMonkey
I, being NOT PSYCHIC, cannot KNOW that it is going to end badly. Sure, it's a GREAT hypothesis, and I'm sure you make a lot of money on your hotline.. but you can't tell me that we're out of it until we are, for a FACT, out of it.

Agree to disagree. Stay classy.

OK.

I doubt you'll find anyone on the board who doesn't hope that I am totally wrong. I sincerely hope I am. I'll eat crow and endure negative reps until the cows come home if KC even goes to the AFC Championship game.

As much as I root for this team and want them to succeed every time they take the field, my eyes and brain tell me that they are not ready to make that step with the talent and level of coaching they currently have. It's sucks to say it and sucks worse to feel that way. But logic tells me that trying something different might provide different results.

I'm sure Huard is starting in some part because the vets on this team and some fans don't want it to be a 'wasted season'. Yet I feel NOT starting Croyle now, seeing what you have, is a wasted season. I'm sorry, I just feel that way. And unless this team surprises and ends up in the AFC Championship game with Huard playing (which I would honestly, dearly love) that's what this year is so far to me.

HypnotizedMonkey 10-01-2007 10:14 AM

Quote:

OK.

I doubt you'll find anyone on the board who doesn't hope that I am totally wrong. I sincerely hope I am. I'll eat crow and endure negative reps until the cows come home if KC even goes to the AFC Championship game.

As much as I root for this team and want them to succeed every time they take the field, my eyes and brain tell me that they are not ready to make that step with the talent and level of coaching they currently have. It's sucks to say it and sucks worse to feel that way. But logic tells me that trying something different might provide different results.

I'm sure Huard is starting in some part because the vets on this team and some fans don't want it to be a 'wasted season'. Yet I feel NOT starting Croyle now, seeing what you have, is a wasted season. I'm sorry, I just feel that way. And unless this team surprises and ends up in the AFC Championship game with Huard playing (which I would honestly, dearly love) that's what this year is so far to me.

Well I've seen a lot of things happen that my eyes and brain told me could not happen. What you have is a GREAT HYPOTHESIS, and I definately wouldn't bet against you on your opinion, but I kind of like the idea that anything can happen in the NFL. I never ruled us out even when Dave Kreig or Steve Bono was QB, and I won't rule us out with Huard until statistical evidence factually proves our season to be over.

Tribal Warfare 10-01-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE
No, it's not. His arm strength is fine. There are starting quarterbacks in this league with weaker arms.

his arm strength is highschool horrible

jettio 10-01-2007 10:39 AM

Croyle can develop by getting a haircut and learning how to stand on the sidelines like a football player.

He always has his hands tucked under his shoulder pads as if he still has not gotten over getting the wind knocked out of him against Vanderbilt a couple of years ago.

I would like to see the kid become an elite NFL QB, but he needs to start looking and acting like a man so that the next time his coach tries to hand him a job he has not earned he won't blow it.

beach tribe 10-01-2007 11:04 AM

Whether Croyle starts RIGHT NOW or not, he will be the starter in 08

Where he will have a full season to prove his worth.

We WILL NOT be selecting a QB in the first round of 08. So whats the point of wanting to sacrifice this season, O mighty realists?

If the season goes in the tank, or Huard blows it, we will see him sooner.

The same people who gave up on the game before we even played it yesterday, are the ones who want to give up on the season a quarter of the way through it.

HypnotizedMonkey 10-01-2007 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe
Whether Croyle starts RIGHT NOW or not, he will be the starter in 08

Where he will have a full season to prove his worth.

We WILL NOT be selecting a QB in the first round of 08. So whats the point of wanting to sacrifice this season, O mighty realists?

If the season goes in the tank, or Huard blows it, we will see him sooner.

The same people who gave up on the game before we even played it yesterday, are the ones who want to give up on the season a quarter of the way through it.

This is completely accurate.

chiefsfan1963 10-01-2007 11:36 AM

Croyle needs to be in there no matter how you slice it. This team is going no where this year. Our OL will not allow it and our O playcalling continues to be painful to watch. Despite the win yesterday we are not a playoff caliber team at least offensively. I read CP's comments in the paper and he patted himself on the back about yesterday's win. He such an ass.

We are going to blow an opportunity to get Top shelf quality players in the draft next year by winning 9 games this season. Picking in the low 20's will be a BIG disappointment.

I can see CP and Herm patting themselves on the back at the end of the year for a job well done after winning 8,9, even 10 games. Then getting their butts kicked in the postseason if they miraculously get in the playoffs.

I would settle for 3 years of true rebuilding if we completely get rid of the Front Office and Coaching staff.

My fear is that we will just do good enough to keep these Bozo's in
place!

Too Bad For Chiefs Fans!

beach tribe 10-01-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan1963
Croyle needs to be in there no matter how you slice it. This team is going no where this year. Our OL will not allow it and our O playcalling continues to be painful to watch. Despite the win yesterday we are not a playoff caliber team at least offensively. I read CP's comments in the paper and he patted himself on the back about yesterday's win. He such an ass.

We are going to blow an opportunity to get Top shelf quality players in the draft next year by winning 9 games this season. Picking in the low 20's will be a BIG disappointment.

I can see CP and Herm patting themselves on the back at the end of the year for a job well done after winning 8,9, even 10 games. Then getting their butts kicked in the postseason if they miraculously get in the playoffs.

I would settle for 3 years of true rebuilding if we completely get rid of the Front Office and Coaching staff.

place!

Too Bad For Chiefs Fans!

Exactly my point.

I would hate to pick in the low twenties and end up with another D Bowe or LJ.

We should get a high pick. I heard I Ryan Sims brother is available
:rolleyes:

Since we have no chance at anything this year, why dont you wait till next year to watch the games. :shake:

Sure-Oz 10-01-2007 11:46 AM

Huard atleast has been adjusting, hopefully he can gain confidence with the past 2 games...i say only throw in croyle due to injury or poor play on huards side. He seems to not have a problem throwing downfield anymore.

beach tribe 10-01-2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

place!

Too Bad For Chiefs Fans!

I cant believe you morons actually think a couple of bad seasons will get CP fired.

He could EASILY throw Herm under the bus and re-up if he wanted to.

This is what weve got. Getover it. Stop being such crybabies

chiefsfan1963 10-01-2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe
Exactly my point.

I would hate to pick in the low twenties and end up with another D Bowe or LJ.

We should get a high pick. I heard I Ryan Sims brother is available
:rolleyes:

Since we have no chance at anything this year, why dont you wait till next year to watch the games. :shake:

We last went to the SB 38 years ago, if you reviewed all our drafts since then you will find we picked up most of our franchise players in the Top 5 Top 10. You can count on one hand how many times we picked this low in the past 38 years. I like to change this trend around and have more opportunities to load our team with quality players.

How do you think we are going to improve our OL in short order? Picking in the 20's isn't going to cut it.

beach tribe 10-01-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

We last went to the SB 38 years ago, if you reviewed all our drafts since then you will find we picked up most of our franchise players in the Top 5 Top 10. You can count on one hand how many times we picked this low in the past 38 years. I like to change this trend around and have more opportunities to load our team with quality players.

How do you think we are going to improve our OL in short order? Picking in the 20's isn't going to cut it.

So you HOPE we lose this year.

Thank you.

I respect your opinion, but the draft is a crap shoot, not an automatic road to glory.