ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Need some advice (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271055)

ElGringo 03-14-2013 09:12 PM

I think it has been mentioned before, but I will mention it again. The thing no one seems to be addressing is the details of the accident. Without knowing specifics on insurance either, was it just the bike in the accident or was another vehicle involved? Assuming another vehicle was involved, who was at fault? If the driver of the bike was at fault, and Bob Dole is still the title holder, can he be held financially liable for any damages to anyone or anything else?

Bob Dole 03-15-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElGringo (Post 9500067)
I think it has been mentioned before, but I will mention it again. The thing no one seems to be addressing is the details of the accident. Without knowing specifics on insurance either, was it just the bike in the accident or was another vehicle involved? Assuming another vehicle was involved, who was at fault? If the driver of the bike was at fault, and Bob Dole is still the title holder, can he be held financially liable for any damages to anyone or anything else?

It gets more bizarre. According to his eldest son, the bike is fine, and the buyer's family does not want it. It is Bob Dole's to locate and go retrieve. At the same time, the authorities would not give him an accounting of the accident, and told him he could request a copy of the report and read it there.

WTF??

stevieray 03-15-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9501630)
It gets more bizarre. According to his eldest son, the bike is fine, and the buyer's family does not want it. It is Bob Dole's to locate and go retrieve. At the same time, the authorities would not give him an accounting of the accident, and told him he could request a copy of the report and read it there.

WTF??

damn, I wish i could afford it...driving 45 miles each way to work is gouging the gas budget.

Bowser 03-15-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9501630)

WTF??

In requesting to see a copy of the report, does that mean paying out a few bucks? Not absolutely sure, but I think it does around these parts.

Bob Dole 03-17-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9501655)
In requesting to see a copy of the report, does that mean paying out a few bucks? Not absolutely sure, but I think it does around these parts.

Probably. The eldest son is still getting the runaround and cannot get a straight answer about to to contact to get a copy of the report. No info or movement, and the buyer passed away this afternoon.

It's got to absolutely suck to lose a parent and have no clue WTF really happened.

Bugeater 03-17-2013 04:27 PM

Yeah...something isn't adding up here...he crashes badly enough to end up in a coma and dies...but the bike is "fine"?

Bob Dole 03-17-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9509159)
Yeah...something isn't adding up here...he crashes badly enough to end up in a coma and dies...but the bike is "fine"?

Yeah. Just jacked up all the way around at this point for everyone involved. Mostly for his family.

R8RFAN 03-17-2013 04:39 PM

Sorry for the loss of your friend Bob Dole

Rasputin 03-17-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9491593)
The $600 isn't an issue at all. Bob Dole just wants to make sure that $600 doesn't turn in to $3600 because Bob Dole the person who still holds title did not act.

While the buyer is not a "close friend", he is more than "someone Bob Dole met once", so Bob Dole is concerned about long term effects of his action(s).

Bob Dole will likely try to locate the vehicle tomorrow and retrieve it. Seems to be the safest course of action at this point for all parties.

I'd do what you can do to get the bike out and at least hang on to the bike until figure out about how your friend is doing. Better be out $600 than what could add up to the $3600 like you say it could. Figure you would be stuck with the $3600 his family won't feel responsible especially if he is in vegitable state.

Rasputin 03-17-2013 04:54 PM

Oh dang I should have read more of the thread. Sorry about the loss. I think best thing for you is try figure out how to get the bike back so you don't end up with a costly bill.

mikeyis4dcats. 03-17-2013 04:56 PM

have you tried searching inline for any details of the incident?

I'm pretty good at the googlez.....PM his name and the location of the incident and I'll see if I can round up something...

stevieray 03-17-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9509190)
Yeah. Just jacked up all the way around at this point for everyone involved. Mostly for his family.

damn....that sucks...:(

salame 03-18-2013 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9499097)
Per the contract, he was to carry full coverage insurance and show me as the lien holder. Never verified.

Bob Dole has broken Bob Dole's own schtick

Ace Gunner 03-18-2013 04:56 AM

go get it.