ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL Coaches Rank QBs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301356)

Rams Fan 08-09-2016 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12360053)
Teddy is Alex Smith at this point.

The only real argument you can make is that you hope he hasn't yet reached his full potential like Alex has..

To be fair, though, Alex didn't reach his potential until like 2011, a full 6 years after he was drafted.

ThaVirus 08-09-2016 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 12360077)
To be fair, though, Alex didn't reach his potential until like 2011, a full 6 years after he was drafted.

That's fair, like I said.

He could get better. But he really hasn't gotten better in the two years he's been in the league so at this point you can't say he's better than Alex.

If I had to win just one game I'd take Alex over Teddy 10/10.

Mav 08-09-2016 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 12360077)

Can we please stop this non sense? Very few qbs had the poor ridiculous situation that Alex Smith was thrown into. Only players like David Carr, and Tim Couch can really relate. Teddy was drafted into a perfect situation. As was Goff. It's a miracle that Alex Smith survived long enough to become anything at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O.city 08-09-2016 08:52 PM

I feel like matt Ryan is a little overrated

Rams Fan 08-09-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 12360108)
Can we please stop this non sense? Very few qbs had the poor ridiculous situation that Alex Smith was thrown into. Only players like David Carr, and Tim Couch can really relate. Teddy was drafted into a perfect situation. As was Goff. It's a miracle that Alex Smith survived long enough to become anything at all.

I'm not knocking on Alex. I'm just saying that he didn't reach his potential until 2011, in part, due to circumstances out of his control.

The constant turnover at OC, games lost to injury, and being benched for O'Sullivan and Troy Smith hindered his development.

Mav 08-09-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 12360117)
I'm not knocking on Alex. I'm just saying that he didn't reach his potential until 2011, in part, due to circumstances out of his control.

The constant turnover at OC, games lost to injury, and being benched for O'Sullivan and Troy Smith hindered his development.

You're right. My apologies bro. I should of seen who posted before I commented.

ThaVirus 08-09-2016 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12360110)
I feel like matt Ryan is a little overrated

I've always felt that way, but there is some truly horrendous QB play in this league.

tk13 08-09-2016 10:22 PM

Have any of those other Tier 3 guys won a playoff game? Cutler I guess... but I think he's only even been to the playoffs once...and crapped out in the NFC title game. Stafford and Dalton are definitely more talented but they haven't done much when it counts yet.

srvy 08-09-2016 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12359863)
Romo is too high at 11

This seems only thing he does well it bust up a shoulder now.

ThaVirus 08-10-2016 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 12360293)
This seems only thing he does well it bust up a shoulder now.

He stayed healthy in 2014, only two seasons ago. The Boys went 12-4 that year.

Romo is pretty good.

DaneMcCloud 08-10-2016 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12360351)
He stayed healthy in 2014, only two seasons ago. The Boys went 12-4 that year.

Romo is pretty good.

Was

ThaVirus 08-10-2016 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12360356)
Was

He was really good in 2014. Didn't make it long into 2015 before injury.. Not unlike Jamaal.

I'm going to assume they're both really good until proven otherwise.

DaneMcCloud 08-10-2016 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12360358)
He was really good in 2014. Didn't make it long into 2015 before injury.. Not unlike Jamaal.

I'm going to assume they're both really good until proven otherwise.

I feel sorry for Romo. He made an almost impossible climb from I-AA to an NFL roster and waited more than three years for an opportunity to play.

Plus, he has been stuck with the worst GM in the league for more than 20 seasons. Ouch.

That said, he's 36 and beat to ****. I know he's a competitor but in all honesty, I think it would have been best had he retired and joined the PGA.

PAChiefsGuy 08-10-2016 12:37 AM

Alex Smith will always be ranked lower than he should because of his style of play. He plays it safe and tries to make the smart play. Not what most fans want to see and it usually isn't going to lead to a ton of points but it works.

It's not flashy with a lot of highlight reels and FF stats but he is a good QB if all you care about is winning.. He's proven it here. We were absolute crap record wise before he came here. Now we have had three winning seasons in a row and got our first playoff win in like 40-years and Alex Smith did it without our best player in Charles. He would have done it the first year if our defense didn't turn to crap against the Colts and again that would have been without Charles.

The guy is pretty damn good and I am glad we have him.

Mile High Mania 08-10-2016 04:27 AM

I think I'd rank them something like this... Rivers is more statwhore than put the team on his back (referring to Buck's rant). The guys in the top two tiers have all produced big, with the exception of Rivers. I just can't put the Tier 3 guys up there with the others just yet.

Tier 1:
Brady
Rodgers
Roethlisberger

Tier 2:
Brees
Wilson
Rivers
Eli
Flacco

Tier 3:
Palmer