ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Your first hour after winning $365 million. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135910)

Hydrae 02-18-2006 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
Not that it matters, but I don't think it's the History Channel. Discovery, maybe?

TLC :banghead:

I just know it comes on on Tuesday nights and I watch it on my DVR. :D

kcfanXIII 02-18-2006 01:55 PM

hire a lawyer, and call whoever it is you need to call to buy an island in the tropics, and a big boat. open a resort on the island, and live happily ever after.

Dunit35 02-18-2006 01:59 PM

I'm going to add a few things I wouldn't mind doing with that money. Since I'm poor and can't do these things right now.

1. View the Titanic
2. Washington D.C.
3. The Normandy Beaches
4. Aushwitz
5. Iwo Jima
6. Pearl Harbor
7. View the area where the Battle of Bulge took place

Chiefs Express 02-18-2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Donations my ass. A single winner of this $360+ million lottery will end up seing less than half of that amount. In other words, they'll be paying half of that amount in taxes.

If I just got done paying $180 million in taxes, anybody wanting money from me will be told to get it from the government's half. Bastards. :grr:

I don't need 180 million to be happy. I don't even need 10 million to be happy. I'd feel better giving it away.

Skip Towne 02-18-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Express
I don't need 180 million to be happy. I don't even need 10 million to be happy. I'd feel better giving it away.

I hope Phobia wins it so he can hire you.

Bwana 02-18-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Outstanding Chiefs Express. If you win, I'll be happy to help you out. Just PM me and I'll give you an address where you can send the check.

Chiefs Express 02-18-2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I hope Phobia wins it so he can hire you.

Phobia will never have enough money to hire me. I hear he can get you for 10 bucks an hour though.

Chiefs Express 02-18-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
Outstanding Chiefs Express. If you win, I'll be happy to help you out. Just PM me and I'll give you an address where you can send the check.

The money would go to people that needed it, and not enough to ruin their lives, but enough to get them moving in the right direction.

I'm not sure why we discuss stuff like this, first off the odds are against us all, second if any of us won it nobody would ever hear about it.

As stated before, it would be picked up by lawyers representating a foundation or cooperation that would be formed for just that reason.

So bwana don't get nothin!

Big Dog 02-18-2006 03:40 PM

Just a note on Powerball, anonymity and taxes.

The only state that participates in the Powerball that currently allows anonymous claims is Delaware, so unless you purchased your ticket there, at least your name will be a matter of public record.

The cash value tonight, if taken as a lump sum is $177.3 million. In Missouri, taxes will be withheld: 25% federal, 4% state. ($51,417,000.00)

This leaves you with $125,883,000.00.......BUT

Assuming you end up in the highest tax bracket known to man (which is HIGHLY likely) your overall federal tax burden will be $94,727.50 on your first $326,450.00 and $35% for everything over that. Missouri income tax will come in at 6%.

This means your total tax burden will end up being $72,673,470 or over $21 Million MORE than they withhold!!

Now if you set that amount aside you walk with $104,626,530.00, or about 29% of the posted amount.

Have fun with your $!!

Oh, and starting a thread here would be just a riot...after creating a new username and account from an unknown ip of course. :)

Bwana 02-18-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

So bwana don't get nothin!

Well you nasty prick you. :shake: I am so not feeling the love right now. :cuss:

Rain Man 02-18-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35
I'm going to add a few things I wouldn't mind doing with that money. Since I'm poor and can't do these things right now.

1. View the Titanic
2. Washington D.C.
3. The Normandy Beaches
4. Aushwitz
5. Iwo Jima
6. Pearl Harbor
7. View the area where the Battle of Bulge took place

"Dunit35, you just won the Powerball. What are you doing next?"

"I'm going to Auschwitz!"

keg in kc 02-18-2006 04:42 PM

Almost enough to lure me into buying a ticket.

Almost.

Not quite a large enough sum to overwhelm the sense of reality that I'd never win.

Skip Towne 02-18-2006 04:49 PM

Quote:

Phobia will never have enough money to hire me. I hear he can get you for 10 bucks an hour though.

Do you actually believe he would want your cancerous ass around his company?

Dunit35 02-18-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
"Dunit35, you just won the Powerball. What are you doing next?"

"I'm going to Auschwitz!"

HAHAHA... "What about Disney Land?"

ME: "Screw Disney Land, Jerome Bettis is there."

Rausch 02-18-2006 04:57 PM

I can only blow what I have.

I'll take those payments over 20 years, thank you.

And Der Chiefsplanet has a nice ring to it...