ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Croyle deserves the Roethlisberger treatment (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171252)

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-01-2007 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe
So you HOPE we lose this year.

Thank you.

I respect your opinion, but the draft is a crap shoot, not an automatic road to glory.

So the reason why Indianapolis has over 40+ players on their team that they drafted is because they were luckier than everyone else??

Give me a fucking break.

Do you really think that Herm is just luckier than Vermeil vis a vis talent evaluation??

Look, one of the reasons why a lot of us want to see what Croyle can do and give him time to develop is because we have two all-world weapons on this offense who are running on borrowed time.

Tony won't be great forever, and neither will LJ. If we wait until '08 and Croyle busts, then we're in for a really long term of mediocrity, as players like that don't come along very often, and we'll be forced to go with yet another QB.

If Croyle tanks this year and we are able to get a guy like Andre Woodson or Brian Brohm, we might be able to be competitive while LJ still has some tread left on his tires. If Croyle shows flashes but we finish poorly, we can use that pick on Jake Long or Sam Baker, and have the left side of our line solidified for a decade.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 10-01-2007 12:13 PM

Why do the Huard supporters believe that because some of us want to see what Croyle's got means we want the Chiefs to lose.

IMNSHO, I think Croyle gives us a better chance to win consistantly than Damon "Noodle-Arm" Hutard does.

I have no confidence in Hutard's ability to take the game on his back and win, should we need it. He's constantly being bailed out by Gonzo and Bowe on bad throws into coverage, he still skips the ball to the receiver on those swing passes and he's more likely to panic and curl up against a tough pass rush than he is to step up and "maybe" get hit as he releases the ball.

He's a journeyman back-up and that's all he's going to be. Croyle may or may not be the QBotF for this team, but we'll never know as long as he's on the sidelines.

He may not do better than Hutard, but I doubt he can do any worse. If he's as good as Hutard, then we'll still get our 8-9-10 wins <b>AND</b> know what kind of young quarterback that we have. If he's worse, then we know we need to look at QB in the worst way in the draft.

But, either way, we'd know what we have in Croyle.

We know what we have in Hutard. A journeyman back-up.

beach tribe 10-01-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
So the reason why Indianapolis has over 40+ players on their team that they drafted is because they were luckier than everyone else??

Give me a fucking break.

Do you really think that Herm is just luckier than Vermeil vis a vis talent evaluation??

Look, one of the reasons why a lot of us want to see what Croyle can do and give him time to develop is because we have two all-world weapons on this offense who are running on borrowed time.

Tony won't be great forever, and neither will LJ. If we wait until '08 and Croyle busts, then we're in for a really long term of mediocrity, as players like that don't come along very often, and we'll be forced to go with yet another QB.

If Croyle tanks this year and we are able to get a guy like Andre Woodson or Brian Brohm, we might be able to be competitive while LJ still has some tread left on his tires. If Croyle shows flashes but we finish poorly, we can use that pick on Jake Long or Sam Baker, and have the left side of our line solidified for a decade.

Dude listen up. If Croyle goes in this year, and sux, he will still be given a full season to prove himself, and rightfully so.

I think Herm can find talent ANYWHERE in the draft, and so far hes proven that correct.

WE WILL NOT DRAFT BRIAN BROHM, OR ANDRE WOODSON, OR ANY OTHER QB IN THE FIRST ROUND NEXT YEAR........END OF STORY.

Listen to this, and listen close. The Colts have lost less than 7 games (6) once in the last 9 fukin yrs, which basically throws your argument in the toilet.

chiefsfan1963 10-01-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Dude listen up. If Croyle goes in this year, and sux, he will still be given a full season to prove himself, and rightfully so.

I think Herm can find talent ANYWHERE in the draft, and so far hes proven that correct.

WE WILL NOT DRAFT BRIAN BROHM, OR ANDRE WOODSON, OR ANY OTHER QB IN THE FIRST ROUND NEXT YEAR........END OF STORY.

Listen to this, and listen close. The Colts have lost less than 7 games (6) once in the last 9 fukin yrs, which basically throws your argument in the toilet.

Colts have a HOF QB and a GM that knows what he's doing.

ChiefsCountry 10-01-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

No Hamas wants to find out if we have our QB that can lead us to the promise land or not get us one who can. Which is what Indy has had for the past 9 years and in turn why they are drafting at the bottom.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-01-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Because Peyton Manning was a third round pick :rolleyes:

beach tribe 10-01-2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
Because Peyton Manning was a third round pick :rolleyes:

We will not be picking 1st overall.

There is only one Manning. Now What.

FAX 10-01-2007 12:32 PM

You have to admire a guy who can bang a football off an opposing player's helmet then have the confidence to throw into triple coverage, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins.

Downfield has mojo.

FAX

beach tribe 10-01-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
No Hamas wants to find out if we have our QB that can lead us to the promise land or not get us one who can. Which is what Indy has had for the past 9 years and in turn why they are drafting at the bottom.

You guys have me confused.

I am NOT a Huard supporter. I have wanted Croyle from day 1.

I think he even gives us the best chance to win now, and that he is clearly the better QB.

1963 said we have to draft high the build our team, which means we have to lose, and that is BS.

chiefsfan1963 10-01-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

So you HOPE we lose this year.

Thank you.

I respect your opinion, but the draft is a crap shoot, not an automatic road to glory.

No we don't intentionally lose we just find out what type of players we have sooner rather than later. This is not a SB team, we have a lot of missing pieces that we can't acquire in a year.

We need a new mindset in the Front Office with a GM that knows how to build for the long run.

The last 20 years has proven that CP is not the answer.

beach tribe 10-01-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan1963
No we don't intentionally lose we just find out what type of players we have sooner rather than later. This is not a SB team, we have a lot of missing pieces that we can't acquire in a year.

We need a new mindset in the Front Office with a GM that knows how to build for the long run.

The last 20 years has proven that CP is not the answer.

I agree with this, but it wouldnt bother me one bit if we won a playoff game this year.

chiefsfan1963 10-01-2007 12:56 PM

Quote:

I agree with this, but it wouldnt bother me one bit if we won a playoff game this year.

This is how CP fools you or teases you with the possibility that we'll make the playoffs and by getting in then we have a chance to go the distance. Year after year we get to see a picture of a juicy steak and the opportunity to bite into it only to be disappointed when we find out it was a mirage.

Getting into the playoffs and even winning a playoff game is not going to satisfy this Chiefs Fan. We can do better and it starts with the complete removal of the entire Front Office sooner rather than later.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
IMNSHO, I think Croyle gives us a better chance to win consistantly than Damon "Noodle-Arm" Hutard does.

Based on what? His 2006 preseason play? His 2006 regular season play? His 2007 preseason play? What? WHAT?

Unless you have some sort of crystal ball, you don't know ANYTHING about Croyle. YOU'RE GUESSING. And HOPING. Period.

Quote:

I think he even gives us the best chance to win now, and that he is clearly the better QB.

See above.

beach tribe 10-01-2007 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan1963
This is how CP fools you or teases you with the possibility that we'll make the playoffs and by getting in then we have a chance to go the distance. Year after year we get to see a picture of a juicy steak and the opportunity to bite into it only to be disappointed when we find out it was a mirage.

Getting into the playoffs and even winning a playoff game is not going to satisfy this Chiefs Fan. We can do better and it starts with the complete removal of the entire Front Office sooner rather than later.

Thank you captain obvious.

We all know this, but what does it change......not a damn thing....

I know, we should write another 5000 posts that say we need a new front office, that will get results.

It wont satifsy me either, but I still want to get there and see what happens.

If you dont think we are good enough to win it all, how exactly are we being fooled?

beach tribe 10-01-2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
Based on what? His 2006 preseason play? His 2006 regular season play? His 2007 preseason play? What? WHAT?

Unless you have some sort of crystal ball, you don't know ANYTHING about Croyle. YOU'RE GUESSING. And HOPING. Period.

See above.

You are exactly right. It is an OPINION my friend.

Just like the one you have of Huard. Simma down.