ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So what exactly has Pioli done? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200220)

the Talking Can 01-13-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5387110)
It's not that I think it was a bad hire. Pioli sounds good but you have to keep things in perspective. There may appear to be geniuses and saviors on a short term basis but few if any hires in the NFL are as good as advertised on a long term basis. The NFL stands for Not For Long. There aren't any guarantees. History across the NFL shows that sometime in the next 20 years, whether it's 2 years from now or 20, people in KC will want Pioli run out of town. Just like Belichik will eventually wear out his welcome in N.E. That's just the way the business works. Knowing that, my attitude is lets see what he can do. I don't look at him as a saviour just like I wouldn't look at anyone else as a saviour.

we just hired him 5 minutes ago

is it ok to be happy for 5 minutes without "look-at-me-contrarian" douchbags pretending they're better than the rabble?

take your cheap, fake, "perspective" and go **** yourself you loser

beach tribe 01-13-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TipRoast (Post 5387035)
Here's what Kraft and Belichick had to say about Pioli:

Said owner Robert Kraft: “Scott Pioli was an integral part of the many championships the New England Patriots have celebrated this decade and I would like to thank him for his countless contributions throughout the past nine seasons. Scott is a great evaluator of talent. He is thorough in his evaluations, extremely organized and has done a tremendous job mining all possible resources to help Coach Belichick and his staff field the players needed to win consistently. He has played an important role in building a championship tradition with players that I am proud to call Patriots. On behalf of the entire Patriots organization, I wish Scott continued success in his new role and offer best wishes to his wonderful wife Dallas, and their beautiful daughter Mia. I think Clark Hunt and the Kansas City Chiefs have made a very wise hire.”

Added Belichick: “To sum up in words everything Scott Pioli has meant to this organization and to me personally would be difficult, if not impossible. From the day I met him, he has demonstrated a passion for football and respect for the game that is second to none. It has been extremely gratifying for me to follow Scott’s career ascension from the bottom of the totem pole in Cleveland to his place as a pillar of championship teams in New England. Now with the opportunity to steer his own ship and a vision of building a winner, there is no more capable, hardworking, loyal, team-oriented person than Scott Pioli.

“On a personal level, the Belichick-Pioli bond runs far deeper than our workplace, as we and our families have shared countless memories away from football. Working side by side with one of my best friends for almost two decades is special enough in itself. But to help each other achieve success beyond our dreams is a blessing and something I will always remember and appreciate.”

I just teared up.

ChiefsCountry 01-13-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5387142)

is it ok to be happy for 5 minutes without "look-at-me-contrarian" douchbags pretending they're better than the rabble?

:clap:

beach tribe 01-13-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

It's not that I think it was a bad hire. Pioli sounds good but you have to keep things in perspective. There may appear to be geniuses and saviors on a short term basis but few if any hires in the NFL are as good as advertised on a long term basis. The NFL stands for Not For Long. There aren't any guarantees. History across the NFL shows that sometime in the next 20 years, whether it's 2 years from now or 20, people in KC will want Pioli run out of town. Just like Belichik will eventually wear out his welcome in N.E. That's just the way the business works. Knowing that, my attitude is lets see what he can do. I don't look at him as a saviour just like I wouldn't look at anyone else as a saviour.

My gosh. This is the most pathetic outlook I could fathom at a time like this.

We just hired the best possible candidate possible:

"So, we will all hate him one day. Just like the Pats will forget all of Belichic"s SBs , and want his ass gone"

I hope we have 3 SBs before we run Pioli ouit of town

rolstrol 01-13-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5387207)
I just teared up.

yeah that

ncCHIEFfan 01-13-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5387142)

Preach it brother!

Mecca 01-13-2009 06:30 PM

I hope people who think I'm a super negative douchebag had a realization because even I'm not this bad.

KCTitus 01-13-2009 06:31 PM

Aside from signing a contract, he hasnt done anything for the franchise yet...

I think his past record speaks for itself.

RealSNR 01-13-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5387350)
I hope people who think I'm a super negative douchebag had a realization because even I'm not this bad.

You (usually) make good arguments for your stances, and when the Chiefs DO actually do something right, you acknowledge it. Ambuehl tosses feces like a monkey.

That's the difference.

kobebehar 01-13-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5387553)
You (usually) make good arguments for your stances, and when the Chiefs DO actually do something right, you acknowledge it. Ambuehl tosses feces like a monkey.

That's the difference.

You two need a minute to suck each others dicks before we keep going?

B_Ambuehl 01-13-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Well since you are wrong 100% of the time, it's a good sign for Pioli.
What have I been wrong about?

Reerun_KC 01-13-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5386138)
So what exactly has Pioli done?

I am guessing after this post, you are pretty ticked he did your mom?

LOCOChief 01-13-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5386216)
Yep guys. Ambuehl is the same tard who has posted gems like this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=145444

If people like him are skeptical of Pioli's skills as a general manager, that only further affirms Pioli's credibility.

Maybe, but he was almost dead on with those 06 predictions

Deberg_1990 01-13-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Wallow In Misery much?

Hammock Parties 01-13-2009 08:49 PM

Scott Pioli once impregnated six anonymous hollywood celebrities while riding a clydesdale barefoot and backwards, in the midst of a raging hurricane and a meteor shower. All the babies turned out perfectly and grew up to be genius engineers, supermodels or fortune 500 CEOS. Scott Pioli didn't even bother raising them because his genes gave them super will power and keen insight into what it takes to succeed. With all that spare time Scott Pioli went off to explore the universe and ate a few planets (that's why he's so fat) that were on a collision course with Earth. They wouldn't have hit for millions of years but Scott Pioli's just a nice guy that way. When Scott Pioli got back to Earth he took up football. By the way Scott Pioli kicked Chuck Norris' ass but he didn't tell anyone. Like I said, he's a super nice guy.