ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So what exactly has Pioli done? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200220)

B_Ambuehl 01-13-2009 03:21 PM

So what exactly has Pioli done?

On his own, that didn't involve Bill Belichik having influence and final authority?

Just remember a lot of fans from Notre Dame, NY, and Cleveland were going ape shit wild over Weiss, Mangina, and Crennel and without Belichik all 3 were basically flops. Josh McDaniels and Pioli could very easily be added to that list as well.

I'll remain skeptical until he proves himself.

Micjones 01-13-2009 03:22 PM

It was his idea to bring Moss to New England, no?

Thig Lyfe 01-13-2009 03:23 PM

He's been highly successful at not being Carl Peterson.

SPATCH 01-13-2009 03:24 PM

wtf? stfu

dirk digler 01-13-2009 03:24 PM

That didn't take long before Debbie Downer showed up.

You would think getting the best candidate would make some people happy but I guess not.

Fritz88 01-13-2009 03:24 PM

Everyone in NE knows that Pioli is BB's right hand man and was very instrumental in getting the pats to where they at now.

I honestly do not care, anything is better than Carl. Clark spent quite some time researching this and I am sure he only chose Pioli because he knew he could get the job done.

Jenson71 01-13-2009 03:24 PM

What have they done without him?

Archie Bunker 01-13-2009 03:24 PM

I'm shocked you are taking this view point just SHOCKED.

RealSNR 01-13-2009 03:24 PM

What have you posted lately that makes people think you're not an idiot?

I'll remain skeptical until I see some results...

Brock 01-13-2009 03:25 PM

"Hey, I hate to shit in your corn flakes, but....."

The Bad Guy 01-13-2009 03:25 PM

This is the same reerun that proclaimed Will Svitek was going to be the "next great OT".

You are a reerun until you prove otherwise.

Hoover 01-13-2009 03:25 PM

Give us hope!

Ultra Peanut 01-13-2009 03:26 PM

I'm edgy.

DEAL WITH IT!

88TG88 01-13-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 5386155)

you win

FringeNC 01-13-2009 03:26 PM

Well, in a broad sense, what we know is that it's all going to be about the system and the team, not the player. No more changing around a offensive or defensive philosophy to fit a player's strength.

Titty Meat 01-13-2009 03:26 PM

This thread sucks

dirk digler 01-13-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5386165)
What have you posted lately that makes people think you're not an idiot?

I'll remain skeptical until I see some results...

LMAO

Basileus777 01-13-2009 03:27 PM

He drafted Chad Jackson.

MIAdragon 01-13-2009 03:27 PM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ntionWhore.jpg

Mr. Laz 01-13-2009 03:28 PM

i've change me mind ...... i found someone i don't particularly love right now. :(

B_Ambuehl 01-13-2009 03:28 PM

LOL. My Svitek sig was a joke from day 1 because it was obvious he could never block anyone. But I'm being serious here. Everybody just assumes Pioli is a great candidate but the reality is he's done nothing. Being Belichiks right hand man doesn't say much because Belichik does what Belichik wants to do.

Brock 01-13-2009 03:28 PM

Pioli lacks fast twitch muscle fiber.

RealSNR 01-13-2009 03:29 PM

Yep guys. Ambuehl is the same tard who has posted gems like this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=145444

If people like him are skeptical of Pioli's skills as a general manager, that only further affirms Pioli's credibility.

FloridaMan88 01-13-2009 03:29 PM

What has Belicheck done without Pioli?

Garcia Bronco 01-13-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 5386217)

And a video camera

RealSNR 01-13-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 5386202)
He drafted Chad Jackson.

And Thomas Jefferson owned slaves.

So?

KCChiefsMan 01-13-2009 03:32 PM

I knew it wouldn't take long for some dummy to come in here and say something like that.

B_Ambuehl 01-13-2009 03:32 PM

He's coached football games and won superbowls that's what he's done. Pioli doesn't cross over into coaching but Belichik does cross over into management. That's the difference.

dirk digler 01-13-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 5386202)
He drafted Chad Jackson.

and Tom Brady and Richard Seymour

Basileus777 01-13-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 5386252)
and Tom Brady and Richard Seymour

I wasn't being serious.

rashid242 01-13-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 5386217)

Won 2 Super Bowls as a Defensive Coordinator.

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2009 03:36 PM

Scott Pioli is NOT Carl Peterson. Thread over.

The Bad Guy 01-13-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5386211)
LOL. My Svitek sig was a joke from day 1 because it was obvious he could never block anyone. But I'm being serious here. Everybody just assumes Pioli is a great candidate but the reality is he's done nothing. Being Belichiks right hand man doesn't say much because Belichik does what Belichik wants to do.

What did Belichick win without him?

dirk digler 01-13-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 5386263)
I wasn't being serious.

Damn you :D

The Bad Guy 01-13-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rashid242 (Post 5386269)

Great defensive coordinator.

BB is the best head coach of all time. But behind every great coach is someone getting the players for him to be a great coach.

the Talking Can 01-13-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5386138)
On his own, that didn't involve Bill Belichik having influence and final authority?

Just remember a lot of fans from Notre Dame, NY, and Cleveland were going ape shit wild over Weiss, Mangina, and Crennel and without Belichik all 3 were basically flops. Josh McDaniels and Pioli could very easily be added to that list as well.

no cares, loser

FloridaMan88 01-13-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rashid242 (Post 5386269)

Give me Parcells as a head coach and LT and I'll go win 2 Super Bowls as a defensive coordinator as well

Chief_in_Commander 01-13-2009 03:54 PM

Well the guy under him, never can remember his name, is the one who is running the show in Atlanta now and I say he did a decent job so if that was an understudy to Pioli I like our chances

Fritz88 01-13-2009 04:03 PM

http://uponfurtherreview.kansascity.com/?q=node/401

1. Pioli was with Bill Belichick for nine seasons and the duo was the longest-tenured coach-personnel man duo going in the NFL. During those nine seasons, the Patriots won three Super Bowls, four AFC titles and six division championships. How much of it was Belichick and how much was Pioli? Chiefs fans are happily about to find out the answer.

2. Pioli was a two-time winner as the NFL Young Executive of the Year Award, in 2003 and 2004. Well, blow me to smithereens, I didn't know such an award existed. But it's an impressive feat anyway. The other execs to win the award twice in a row were Bill Polian and Bobby Beathard and Pioli was younger than both them when he won. That's some seriously good company to run in.

3. Some really impressive personnel facts from the Patriots' mini-dynasty:

* In 2005, the Patriots set a post-merger league record for a division champion by utilizing 45 different starters
* In 2003, the Patriots won Super Bowl XXXVIII despite using 42 different starters, the most in league history by a Super Bowl champion
* Last season, the Patriots tied the all-time NFL record with 21 different players scoring touchdowns
* Of the 53 players on the Patriots' Super Bowl XLII roster, 43 were acquired after the team's first championship in 2001 and 31 were acquired since the team's third title in 2004

4. In 2007, six Patriots players drafted by Belichick and Pioli were selected to the Pro Bowl and were named to the Associated Press All-Pro first or second teams: Tom Brady (sixth round), Dan Koppen (fifth round), Matt Light (second round), Logan Mankins (first round), Asante Samuel (fourth round) and Vince Wilfork (first round).

5. This is a quote from a Super Bowl Bowl press conference that, to me, would have made me want to kiss Pioli on the mouth if I were hiring him to run my football team. It's about the most valuable lesson he's learned as a personnel man: "Not to get caught up in the numbers. The things like height, weight and speed. The test numbers. It's not getting too caught up in numbers. I've made mistakes by getting caught up with the workouts. Tom Brady took some heat recently when they showed a video of his running a 40-yard dash. Tommy's speed and running has nothing to do with his pocket presence. Here is a guy, he has vision. He has the feel. He has the sense. He knows when to step up, so his athleticism is due to his awareness. Ted Bruschi, his instincts are incredible. They're rare. He plays a lot faster than what his numbers on paper would indicate. Ty Warren's strength-I remember when Ty was coming out, his overall wasn't great but he has this brute strength. Wes Welker is another guy. He has enough quickness to get away from folks."

In other words, he targets guys that look good playing football, not just standing there in a uniform. It seems obvious, but the production over potential issue is one that tugs at every talent evaluator in every sport. I cast my lot with the production crowd. It took awhile, but I think Clark Hunt has made a great move for the future of football in Kansas City.

beach tribe 01-13-2009 04:05 PM

**** that. Today is the best possible situation that could have transpired.

007 01-13-2009 04:05 PM

Here it goes. Already trying to bring him down. heh

Deberg_1990 01-13-2009 04:06 PM

Pioli also worked with Parcells in the late 90's with the Jets.

They had that mini-resurgence in 98 with Testaverde.

I believe Pioli was with them in 2000 when they drafted Abraham and Pennington as well.

beavis 01-13-2009 04:09 PM

I bet if someone handed you $100, you'd be pissed that it wasn't $200.

beach tribe 01-13-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 5386537)

1. Pioli was with Bill Belichick for nine seasons and the duo was the longest-tenured coach-personnel man duo going in the NFL. During those nine seasons, the Patriots won three Super Bowls, four AFC titles and six division championships. How much of it was Belichick and how much was Pioli? Chiefs fans are happily about to find out the answer.

2. Pioli was a two-time winner as the NFL Young Executive of the Year Award, in 2003 and 2004. Well, blow me to smithereens, I didn't know such an award existed. But it's an impressive feat anyway. The other execs to win the award twice in a row were Bill Polian and Bobby Beathard and Pioli was younger than both them when he won. That's some seriously good company to run in.

* In 2005, the Patriots set a post-merger league record for a division champion by utilizing 45 different starters
* In 2003, the Patriots won Super Bowl XXXVIII despite using 42 different starters, the most in league history by a Super Bowl champion
* Last season, the Patriots tied the all-time NFL record with 21 different players scoring touchdowns
* Of the 53 players on the Patriots' Super Bowl XLII roster, 43 were acquired after the team's first championship in 2001 and 31 were acquired since the team's third title in 2004

4. In 2007, six Patriots players drafted by Belichick and Pioli were selected to the Pro Bowl and were named to the Associated Press All-Pro first or second teams: Tom Brady (sixth round), Dan Koppen (fifth round), Matt Light (second round), Logan Mankins (first round), Asante Samuel (fourth round) and Vince Wilfork (first round).

5. This is a quote from a Super Bowl Bowl press conference that, to me, would have made me want to kiss Pioli on the mouth if I were hiring him to run my football team. It's about the most valuable lesson he's learned as a personnel man: "Not to get caught up in the numbers. The things like height, weight and speed. The test numbers. It's not getting too caught up in numbers. I've made mistakes by getting caught up with the workouts. Tom Brady took some heat recently when they showed a video of his running a 40-yard dash. Tommy's speed and running has nothing to do with his pocket presence. Here is a guy, he has vision. He has the feel. He has the sense. He knows when to step up, so his athleticism is due to his awareness. Ted Bruschi, his instincts are incredible. They're rare. He plays a lot faster than what his numbers on paper would indicate. Ty Warren's strength-I remember when Ty was coming out, his overall wasn't great but he has this brute strength. Wes Welker is another guy. He has enough quickness to get away from folks."

In other words, he targets guys that look good playing football, not just standing there in a uniform. It seems obvious, but the production over potential issue is one that tugs at every talent evaluator in every sport. I cast my lot with the production crowd. It took awhile, but I think Clark Hunt has made a great move for the future of football in Kansas City.

That's some impressive shit. I still can't believe it. Things like this just did not happen for the Chiefs in the past. I am in shock.

How the hell can you compare Romeo Crennel or any other coach to a GM. Especially one the caliber of Pioli.

Simply Red 01-13-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

:spock:

007 01-13-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beavis (Post 5386575)
I bet if someone handed you $100, you'd be pissed that it wasn't $200.

this

ChiefsCountry 01-13-2009 04:29 PM

Another dumbass thread by B_Ambuehl imagine that.

warrior 01-13-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 5386537)

Good post :thumb:

B_Ambuehl 01-13-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

It sounds to me like Chiefs fans have already determined who "the man" was. Just like they did with Dorsey and his ability to control the line of scrimmage. Just like they did with Herm and the dominating D he was gonna bring. :)

oaklandhater 01-13-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5386775)
It sounds to me like Chiefs fans have already determined who "the man" was. Just like they did with Dorsey and his ability to control the line of scrimmage. Just like they did with Herm and the dominating D he was gonna bring. :)

lol there was very few ppl who were happy to bring in herm

007 01-13-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Where the hell have you been? I certainly don't remember too many being happy about that hire. I know I was pissed.

siberian khatru 01-13-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 5386155)

ROFL

beach tribe 01-13-2009 04:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Jeez, way to try, and shit on a great day.

Fail.

Edit: I deleted it off my computer too. It's disgusting.

Deberg_1990 01-13-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Who in your opinion would have been a better and more qualified hire?

Dartgod 01-13-2009 04:46 PM

He fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. He led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and tanks. He's seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. He's won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN and loved only one woman with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who he is. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!

KChiefs1 01-13-2009 04:56 PM

What has Pioli done?

The guy can obviously eat because he is one fat Mofo.

ncCHIEFfan 01-13-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

No one wins championships on their own and Belicheat is not a football god

TipRoast 01-13-2009 05:29 PM

Here's what Kraft and Belichick had to say about Pioli:

Said owner Robert Kraft: “Scott Pioli was an integral part of the many championships the New England Patriots have celebrated this decade and I would like to thank him for his countless contributions throughout the past nine seasons. Scott is a great evaluator of talent. He is thorough in his evaluations, extremely organized and has done a tremendous job mining all possible resources to help Coach Belichick and his staff field the players needed to win consistently. He has played an important role in building a championship tradition with players that I am proud to call Patriots. On behalf of the entire Patriots organization, I wish Scott continued success in his new role and offer best wishes to his wonderful wife Dallas, and their beautiful daughter Mia. I think Clark Hunt and the Kansas City Chiefs have made a very wise hire.”

Added Belichick: “To sum up in words everything Scott Pioli has meant to this organization and to me personally would be difficult, if not impossible. From the day I met him, he has demonstrated a passion for football and respect for the game that is second to none. It has been extremely gratifying for me to follow Scott’s career ascension from the bottom of the totem pole in Cleveland to his place as a pillar of championship teams in New England. Now with the opportunity to steer his own ship and a vision of building a winner, there is no more capable, hardworking, loyal, team-oriented person than Scott Pioli.

“On a personal level, the Belichick-Pioli bond runs far deeper than our workplace, as we and our families have shared countless memories away from football. Working side by side with one of my best friends for almost two decades is special enough in itself. But to help each other achieve success beyond our dreams is a blessing and something I will always remember and appreciate.”

B_Ambuehl 01-13-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Who in your opinion would have been a better and more qualified hire?
It's not that I think it was a bad hire. Pioli sounds good but you have to keep things in perspective. There may appear to be geniuses and saviors on a short term basis but few if any hires in the NFL are as good as advertised on a long term basis. The NFL stands for Not For Long. There aren't any guarantees. History across the NFL shows that sometime in the next 20 years, whether it's 2 years from now or 20, people in KC will want Pioli run out of town. Just like Belichik will eventually wear out his welcome in N.E. That's just the way the business works. Knowing that, my attitude is lets see what he can do. I don't look at him as a saviour just like I wouldn't look at anyone else as a saviour.

The Bad Guy 01-13-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5387110)
It's not that I think it was a bad hire. Pioli sounds good but you have to keep things in perspective. There may appear to be geniuses and saviors on a short term basis but few if any hires in the NFL are as good as advertised on a long term basis. The NFL stands for Not For Long. There aren't any guarantees. History across the NFL shows that sometime in the next 20 years, whether it's 2 years from now or 20, people in KC will want Pioli run out of town. Just like Belichik will eventually wear out his welcome in N.E. That's just the way the business works. Knowing that, my attitude is lets see what he can do. I don't look at him as a saviour just like I wouldn't look at anyone else as a saviour.

Well since you are wrong 100% of the time, it's a good sign for Pioli.

the Talking Can 01-13-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

we just hired him 5 minutes ago

is it ok to be happy for 5 minutes without "look-at-me-contrarian" douchbags pretending they're better than the rabble?

take your cheap, fake, "perspective" and go **** yourself you loser

beach tribe 01-13-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TipRoast (Post 5387035)
Here's what Kraft and Belichick had to say about Pioli:

Said owner Robert Kraft: “Scott Pioli was an integral part of the many championships the New England Patriots have celebrated this decade and I would like to thank him for his countless contributions throughout the past nine seasons. Scott is a great evaluator of talent. He is thorough in his evaluations, extremely organized and has done a tremendous job mining all possible resources to help Coach Belichick and his staff field the players needed to win consistently. He has played an important role in building a championship tradition with players that I am proud to call Patriots. On behalf of the entire Patriots organization, I wish Scott continued success in his new role and offer best wishes to his wonderful wife Dallas, and their beautiful daughter Mia. I think Clark Hunt and the Kansas City Chiefs have made a very wise hire.”

Added Belichick: “To sum up in words everything Scott Pioli has meant to this organization and to me personally would be difficult, if not impossible. From the day I met him, he has demonstrated a passion for football and respect for the game that is second to none. It has been extremely gratifying for me to follow Scott’s career ascension from the bottom of the totem pole in Cleveland to his place as a pillar of championship teams in New England. Now with the opportunity to steer his own ship and a vision of building a winner, there is no more capable, hardworking, loyal, team-oriented person than Scott Pioli.

“On a personal level, the Belichick-Pioli bond runs far deeper than our workplace, as we and our families have shared countless memories away from football. Working side by side with one of my best friends for almost two decades is special enough in itself. But to help each other achieve success beyond our dreams is a blessing and something I will always remember and appreciate.”

I just teared up.

ChiefsCountry 01-13-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5387142)

is it ok to be happy for 5 minutes without "look-at-me-contrarian" douchbags pretending they're better than the rabble?

:clap:

beach tribe 01-13-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

My gosh. This is the most pathetic outlook I could fathom at a time like this.

We just hired the best possible candidate possible:

"So, we will all hate him one day. Just like the Pats will forget all of Belichic"s SBs , and want his ass gone"

I hope we have 3 SBs before we run Pioli ouit of town

rolstrol 01-13-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5387207)
I just teared up.

yeah that

ncCHIEFfan 01-13-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5387142)

Preach it brother!

Mecca 01-13-2009 06:30 PM

I hope people who think I'm a super negative douchebag had a realization because even I'm not this bad.

KCTitus 01-13-2009 06:31 PM

Aside from signing a contract, he hasnt done anything for the franchise yet...

I think his past record speaks for itself.

RealSNR 01-13-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5387350)
I hope people who think I'm a super negative douchebag had a realization because even I'm not this bad.

You (usually) make good arguments for your stances, and when the Chiefs DO actually do something right, you acknowledge it. Ambuehl tosses feces like a monkey.

That's the difference.

kobebehar 01-13-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5387553)
You (usually) make good arguments for your stances, and when the Chiefs DO actually do something right, you acknowledge it. Ambuehl tosses feces like a monkey.

That's the difference.

You two need a minute to suck each others dicks before we keep going?

B_Ambuehl 01-13-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Well since you are wrong 100% of the time, it's a good sign for Pioli.
What have I been wrong about?

Reerun_KC 01-13-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

So what exactly has Pioli done?

I am guessing after this post, you are pretty ticked he did your mom?

LOCOChief 01-13-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5386216)
Yep guys. Ambuehl is the same tard who has posted gems like this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=145444

If people like him are skeptical of Pioli's skills as a general manager, that only further affirms Pioli's credibility.

Maybe, but he was almost dead on with those 06 predictions

Deberg_1990 01-13-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Wallow In Misery much?

Hammock Parties 01-13-2009 08:49 PM

Scott Pioli once impregnated six anonymous hollywood celebrities while riding a clydesdale barefoot and backwards, in the midst of a raging hurricane and a meteor shower. All the babies turned out perfectly and grew up to be genius engineers, supermodels or fortune 500 CEOS. Scott Pioli didn't even bother raising them because his genes gave them super will power and keen insight into what it takes to succeed. With all that spare time Scott Pioli went off to explore the universe and ate a few planets (that's why he's so fat) that were on a collision course with Earth. They wouldn't have hit for millions of years but Scott Pioli's just a nice guy that way. When Scott Pioli got back to Earth he took up football. By the way Scott Pioli kicked Chuck Norris' ass but he didn't tell anyone. Like I said, he's a super nice guy.

Amnorix 01-13-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 5386232)
And a video camera

Had a perfect regular season?

Amnorix 01-13-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 5386345)
Give me Parcells as a head coach and LT and I'll go win 2 Super Bowls as a defensive coordinator as well

:shake: That's why the DEFENSIVE game plan for the SB against the Bills is in Canton?

Also, read some books on the Giants of that era and you'll learn that Bill ran the defense completely.

Amnorix 01-13-2009 09:29 PM

The reality is that BB and SP have had joint player recruitment responsibilities, and worked as a complete team.

You can't tell where one begins and the other ends on the player acquisition side of things. So everythign that they did bad they did together, and everything that they did well they did together.

On balance, there is a HELL of alot more good than bad. What else is there to know? If SP ran the whole operation in New England, then you wouldn't have had a chance to get him.

RealSNR 01-13-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 5388052)
Maybe, but he was almost dead on with those 06 predictions

You're missing the point.

Those aren't predictions. That's a smattering of diarrhea on a computer screen. It takes no thought whatsoever to make a post like that. All he did was make a list of the possible bad shit scenarios that might happen to the team.

What, you mean like if our starting QB goes down and we lose the best LT in the game to injury? Or if our defense still hasn't been fixed and is bad? ANY team with a bad defense, no QB, and a backup LT is going to suck.

He didn't say anything. At all.

Buzzsaw 01-13-2009 10:15 PM

It's possible for both Pioli to be a great GM, AND for Belichick to be a great coach. You'll drive yourselves nuts trying to figure out which one is more responsible for New England's success.

And really, if Pioli has done nothing other than identify and draft Tom Brady, well, that could be one of the best moves an NFL General Manager has ever made. There's no downside, nothing negative whatsoever, about hiring Pioli. Dumb thread. JMO.