ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Are you a FF baller or a homer? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=145618)

Logical 08-15-2006 01:49 AM

Are you a FF baller or a homer?

If you say you are taking LJ count yourself as a homer.

If you say Shawn Alexander then count yourself as a baller

If you are in a league with QBs that get 6 then you have other options.

This could all change if Roaf comes back so for now assume Roaf is not coming back.

keg in kc 08-15-2006 02:01 AM

I think it's just as "homer" to make a point of going against your players despite all else as it is to go with them.

Homer.

Logical 08-15-2006 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
I think it's just as "homer" to make a point of going against your players despite all else as it is to go with them.

Homer.

Not sure I follow you. Are you suggesting due to superstition you would not pick one of our players to keep for jinxing them?

If so I have never followed that, I had both LJ and Gonzo last year and was disappointed on missing out on TGreen.

Won the championship in one league and lost the final in the other so I think I play pretty honestly.

007 08-15-2006 02:58 AM

LJ is the number one pick in over 75% of the drafts out there. I don't think that makes you a homer just because we happen to be Chiefs fans.

keg in kc 08-15-2006 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logical
Not sure I follow you. Are you suggesting due to superstition you would not pick one of our players to keep for jinxing them?

No, I mean a doom and gloom homer is a homer nonetheless. We're all homers here.

Logical 08-15-2006 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru
LJ is the number one pick in over 75% of the drafts out there. I don't think that makes you a homer just because we happen to be Chiefs fans.

Most of those mags, if not all were published before Roaf retired.

007 08-15-2006 04:12 AM

Quote:

I do understand what you are saying but I still look at him as #1 for the mere fact that he ran all over teams during the time that Roaf was out last year. Roaf has a more direct effect on the passing game. I know that effects the running game too but his numbers earn him the respect of the pick. Roaf or not.

Doesn't matter to me anyway because I don't a pick above 3 in any of my drafts and don't expect him to be there.

Logical 08-15-2006 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru
I do understand what you are saying but I still look at him as #1 for the mere fact that he ran all over teams during the time that Roaf was out last year. Roaf has a more direct effect on the passing game. I know that effects the running game too but his numbers earn him the respect of the pick. Roaf or not.

Doesn't matter to me anyway because I don't a pick above 3 in any of my drafts and don't expect him to be there.

I expect to pick him up anywhere from 4 to 7 in my leagues but we have owners who really study the offensive lines as well as the performance last year. I almost guarantee that S Alexander will be 1, LT 2, Tiki 3, Steven Smith 4, Marvin Harrison or Peyton Manning 5, so I figure I can get LJ from 6 to 7 if I end up drafting that low. I would take him as high as 4 if I had the chance though.

007 08-15-2006 04:46 AM

Quote:

I expect to pick him up anywhere from 4 to 7 in my leagues but we have owners who really study the offensive lines as well as the performance last year. I almost guarantee that S Alexander will be 1, LT 2, Tiki 3, Steven Smith 4, Marvin Harrison or Peyton Manning 5, so I figure I can get LJ from 6 to 7 if I end up drafting that low. I would take him as high as 4 if I had the chance though.

Well, if your numbers are accurate, I guess I have an outside chance of seeing him in at least one of my leagues.

kc1977 08-15-2006 05:22 AM

Quote:

Roaf retiring just solidified LJ as the #1 pick on my draft board.

1) It is not going to affect LJ directly - LJ is more of a north/south downhill type runner. Priest benefited greatly from Roaf and his ability to create a hole where Priest could get to the outside. LJ is a different runner altogether. LJ is much more dependant on the interior line. And he more than proved he is not dependant on Roaf last year in the 3 games totaling 450 yards when Roaf was out.

2) Roaf retiring will mean less blind side protection for Trent. Less blindside protection for Trent will mean a more conservative Trent. A more conservative Trent will mean more running for Larry.

Mile High Mania 08-15-2006 05:41 AM

If you're looking at ADP data... LJ, Alexander & Tomlinson are a dead heat at the top overall selection.

jspchief 08-15-2006 05:57 AM

Quote:

CBSSportsline keeps an up to date "average draft position" list and Larry Johnson is still #1. He's got a respectable margin on LT and Alexander.

Skip Towne 08-15-2006 06:00 AM

LJ was a completely wasted draft pick. We should have taken Boss Bailey.

rad 08-15-2006 06:15 AM

Quote:

Why would anyone take a QB in the first round?

Rounds 1 and 2 are where you want to get your RB's. Every league I've been in, you have to start 2 RB's and 1 QB. Maybe it's just because I'm in a 16 team league, but still.

Logical 08-15-2006 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad
Why would anyone take a QB in the first round?

Rounds 1 and 2 are where you want to get your RB's. Every league I've been in, you have to start 2 RB's and 1 QB. Maybe it's just because I'm in a 16 team league, but still.

Both my leagues are 8 team leagues, only Manning rates up there he will score as high as a top 5 runningback or a top 2 WR.