ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Sperm donor needs to pay child support? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268403)

Msmith 01-03-2013 11:16 AM

Sperm donor needs to pay child support?

I really scratch my head on this one:

TOPEKA, Kan. -- The state of Kansas is trying to force a man who donated sperm to a lesbian couple to pay child support, arguing that the agreement he and the women signed releasing him from all parental duties was invalid because they didn't go through a doctor...

The link: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/02...erm-donor.html

ndws 01-03-2013 11:18 AM

I saw that on the news. Had he used a real doctor apparently, the courts would have viewed it differently.

So, I have to ask. How did he impregnate the lesbo without a dr? Old fashioned? Turkey baister? fling it like a monkey with poop?

Msmith 01-03-2013 11:19 AM

May be the couple just wanted to save money so they skipped the medical part.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-03-2013 11:19 AM

friend of mine is his attorney....yeah, it boils down to technically by law if they had used a doctor to do the insemination he's off the hook.

threebag 01-03-2013 11:20 AM

Well someone's getting ****ed

Brock 01-03-2013 11:20 AM

"Marotta, a 46-year-old Topeka resident, answered an online ad in 2009 from a local couple, Angela Bauer and Jennifer Schreiner, who said they were seeking a sperm donor."

What a strange thing to do.

Prison Bitch 01-03-2013 11:21 AM

Why can't the Lesbians pay the child's bills, again? What's the story there?

DJ's left nut 01-03-2013 11:22 AM

Family law has one single, immutable precedent:

Whatever happens - **** over every single male involved.

It's really absurd at this point. The entire field of family law has had so much precedent that has chipped away at the rights of men over the last 25 years that most courts essentially get the result they want (**** over the 'father') and work backwards to create a rationale for it.

For awhile I was looking at going into family law and I ended up absolutely disgusted by where the field has gone. There's really no justice in family court for men.

luv 01-03-2013 11:24 AM

So, the baby had two active parents, who wanted to have a baby together. They break up, and now the one who didn't give birth is not responsible at all?

notorious 01-03-2013 11:25 AM

He should have pulled out.

DJ's left nut 01-03-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9273910)
friend of mine is his attorney....yeah, it boils down to technically by law if they had used a doctor to do the insemination he's off the hook.

It shouldn't matter, but "The Best Interests of the Child" test has been so bastardized that the courts are able to twist it to fit.

It would be in the best interests of any child to have a court declare that Bill Gates is its father...that doesn't mean it makes sense. Hell, simple contract law should've mattered here, but again, courts are so willing to run roughshod over everyone using the Best Interests test that it makes the entire field a waste of effort at this point.

Family courts are essentially corrupt. They exist solely to extract money from as many pockets as necessary to keep the state from being on the hook. It's a disgrace and a real disservice to family law practitioners because those tend to be some of the most impassioned lawyers you'll find. And for their efforts, they're hamstrung by a rigged game.

luv 01-03-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9273920)

Probably because their union is not legally recognized in the state. It would be the same as if it were a heterosexual boyfriend/girlfriend in a non-common law marriage state, I would think. Say the boyfriend can't get the girlfriend prego, so they use a third party's sperm. The couple breaks up. The boyfriend would not be responsible for paying child support, because it's technically not his kid.

KCUnited 01-03-2013 11:28 AM

Nuttin' surprises me anymore.

Brock 01-03-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9273953)
So, the baby had two active parents, who wanted to have a baby together. They break up, and now the one who didn't give birth is not responsible at all?

Do you really think Kansas is going to recognize a lesbian couple as legitimate parents?

ndws 01-03-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9273920)

I think, if I remember right, the lesbians seperated. Something about one of them maybe seeking state aid I think, and that triggered the child support. I don't think they wanted it, and I don't think he wanted to give it...so the court did the obvious thing and said he had to because he didn't have a medical professional (who spent some money with the state to get his license) sling the goo in her for him.

Jenson71 01-03-2013 11:28 AM

Makes sense from a prescriptive view. People now get the point that you don't do sperm donations through a newspaper/craiglist ad. You go through a doctor.

Jenson71 01-03-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9273985)
Nuttin' surprises me anymore.

The donor was reportedly very testy after hearing the verdict.

luv 01-03-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9273986)
Do you really think Kansas is going to recognize a lesbian couple as legitimate parents?

Nope. Just putting it into general terms in order for it to sound ludicrous.

J Diddy 01-03-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9273932)

It's really absurd at this point. The entire field of family law has had so much precedent that has chipped away at the rights of men over the last 25 years that most courts essentially get the result they want (**** over the 'father') and work backwards to create a rationale for it.

For awhile I was looking at going into family law and I ended up absolutely disgusted by where the field has gone. There's really no justice in family court for men.

:clap:

alnorth 01-03-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndws (Post 9273902)
I saw that on the news. Had he used a real doctor apparently, the courts would have viewed it differently.

So, I have to ask. How did he impregnate the lesbo without a dr? Old fashioned? Turkey baister? fling it like a monkey with poop?

Thats the way it always has been, in nearly every state.

If you want to be a sperm donor, you MUST do it through a doctor or through a clinic. You CAN NOT do it on your own.

If you try to donate sperm on your own without involving a doctior or a clinic, all the legal papers in the world don't matter. You are not a sperm donor, you are dad.

This man is a friggin' moron. He could have easily found this out by looking it up, and for something this important (not wanting to be financially responsible) he should have. Too bad for him now, he's screwed.

alnorth 01-03-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

This is nothing new, at all.

Many, many, many idiots all over the country, for years, have learned that they are not a sperm donor because they didn't do it right.

I have no clue why this particular story made the news. Someone somewhere apparently thought this was a real story.

J Diddy 01-03-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9273954)

Slipped her the morning after pill as he was leaving.

ndws 01-03-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9274031)
Thats the way it always has been, in nearly every state.

If you want to be a sperm donor, you MUST do it through a doctor or through a clinic. You CAN NOT do it on your own.

If you try to donate sperm on your own without involving a doctior or a clinic, all the legal papers in the world don't matter. You are not a sperm donor, you are dad.

This man is a friggin' moron. He could have easily found this out by looking it up, and for something this important (not wanting to be financially responsible) he should have. Too bad for him now, he's screwed.

Yep, you are correct. But I still want to know the process, because I'm twisted like that. They are lesbians, they apparently hate the weiner. He's not using a medical 3rd party for insemination. What happened, how did it go down??? lol

Fish 01-03-2013 11:39 AM

At least he got to bang a lesbian.....

ndws 01-03-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9274037)

Many, many, many idiots all over the country, for years, have learned that they are not a sperm donor because they didn't do it right.

I have no clue why this particular story made the news. Someone somewhere apparently thought this was a real story.

It was on local news last night. I think the guy was reaching out to media outlets, hoping for a spotlight to help fix his jam. He's screwed.

Lesson to learn? Don't backalley inseminate lesbians on Craigslist. It won't work out for you.

Oh Snap 01-03-2013 11:43 AM

Artificial insemination can cost upwards of $30,000. That is a lot of money. That is probably why they went through alternative means to get pregnant. Now did he actually have sex with one of the lesbos? I still fail to see how he is liable, especially considering a written agreement of which they acknowledge? Can't they just be grateful that they didn't have to shell out an extra $30k for a child that they apparently wanted?

alnorth 01-03-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9274071)
Artificial insemination can cost upwards of $30,000. That is a lot of money. That is probably why they went through alternative means to get pregnant. Now did he actually have sex with one of the lesbos? I still fail to see how he is liable, especially considering a written agreement of which they acknowledge? Can't they just be grateful that they didn't have to shell out an extra $30k for a child that they apparently wanted?

Good for the lesbians, they saved 30k, and they get to keep the kid.

Bad for the idiot man. You can't let them "save money" if you are the sperm donor, if its your ass thats going to be on the line if the state decides to pursue you later for child support. Its the law in nearly every state.

edit: regarding the documents, if you are legally recognized to be the father (which he is, he was not a sperm donor), then you are not permitted to sign away your financial responsibility, even if you agree to waive all custody and parental rights.

Oh Snap 01-03-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9274078)
Good for the lesbians, they saved 30k, and they get to keep the kid.

Bad for the idiot man. You can't let them "save money" if you are the sperm donor, if its your ass thats going to be on the line if the state decides to pursue you later for child support. Its the law in nearly every state.

Sounds like the man was set up. Then again, as you said, no one forced him to be the donor.

Jenson71 01-03-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9274071)

I don't think written agreements (particularly by unsophisticated parties) go too far in family law issues. Your private promises don't really trump "public policy."

alnorth 01-03-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9274082)
Sounds like the man was set up. Then again, as you said, no one forced him to be the donor.

he probably wasn't set up, the stupid lesbians probably thought he'd be in the clear too. They didn't go after him, the state did.

luv 01-03-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9274046)

He dropped his sperm off at their house, and the lesbians used a syringe. That's what the story said, anyway.

notorious 01-03-2013 11:48 AM

Wow.

What a dumbass.

Fish 01-03-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9274089)
He dropped his sperm off at their house, and the lesbians used a syringe. That's what the story said, anyway.

Sonofabitch!

cosmo20002 01-03-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndws (Post 9273902)

So, I have to ask. How did he impregnate the lesbo without a dr?

I don't want to get all technical, but a man has a pee-pee and a woman has a hoo-ha...

alnorth 01-03-2013 11:52 AM

Look at it from the state's point of view. As a matter of public policy, we have decided that if you have sex with a woman and knock her up, then you are the father, and entitled to parental rights and financially responsible, with some odd exceptions like rape. As a matter of public policy, we have also decided that fathers and mothers can not waive financial responsibility, unless the kid is adopted out.

Whether you agree with it or not, thats the case. OK, since that is the case...

if you don't go through a clinic or a doctor, how is the state supposed to know whether or not you had sex? As far as they are concerned, you might be lying, and maybe the woman is helping you lie in exchange for sole custody. Even if she claims to be a lesbian, maybe she's bi, or drunk, or whatever, the state doesn't want to hear it.

There's a procedure that must be followed to be a sperm donor. If you don't follow that procedure, the state is just going to assume you knocked her up.

luv 01-03-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9274078)
edit: regarding the documents, if you are legally recognized to be the father (which he is, he was not a sperm donor), then you are not permitted to sign away your financial responsibility, even if you agree to waive all custody and parental rights.

Really? My brother signed over such rights, and he only owed back child support from the time he and his ex divorced until the time he signed over his rights. Of course, their stepdad adopted them at the same time.

He should have had them put in the agreement that the non-child bearing partner would adopt the child once it was born. Of course, he'd still be on the hook, because I doubt they'd list two mothers.

Monty 01-03-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

This, this, and THIS. The man is only important when......

it comes to $$ and insurance coverage.....

Oh Snap 01-03-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9274086)
he probably wasn't set up, the stupid lesbians probably thought he'd be in the clear too. They didn't go after him, the state did.

Ok, then that changes things quite a bit. Why is the state pursuing this with such fervor? To make an example for those who do not follow the state monopoly rule?

Monty 01-03-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9274117)
Look at it from the state's point of view. As a matter of public policy, we have decided that if you have sex with a woman and knock her up, then you are the father, and entitled to parental rights and financially responsible, with some odd exceptions like rape. As a matter of public policy, we have also decided that fathers and mothers can not waive financial responsibility, unless the kid is adopted out.

if you don't go through a clinic or a doctor, how is the state supposed to know whether or not you had sex? As far as they are concerned, you might be lying, and maybe the woman is helping you lie in exchange for sole custody. Even if she claims to be a lesbian, maybe she's bi, or drunk, or whatever, the state doesn't want to hear it.

There's a procedure that must be followed to be a sperm donor. If you don't follow that procedure, the state is just going to assume you knocked her up.

I actually agree with this, but you won't know that because I'm on iggy...heheh

cosmo20002 01-03-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9274046)

Well, neither was the hot kind of lesbian like on TV.

BigCatDaddy 01-03-2013 11:55 AM

I always suspected Angela's hard on for Tony was just a cover for her Lesbian lifesytle.

alnorth 01-03-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9274119)
Really? My brother signed over such rights, and he only owed back child support from the time he and his ex divorced until the time he signed over his rights. Of course, their stepdad adopted them at the same time.

He should have had them put in the agreement that the non-child bearing partner would adopt the child once it was born. Of course, he'd still be on the hook, because I doubt they'd list two mothers.

The adoption changes things.

J Diddy 01-03-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9274082)

This dude saw an ad on Craigslist for some ****ing and applied. He should have at least consulted an attorney over a legal contract, however, he was thinking with his prick, wanted some tang, and, just like anybody else who's ****ing for the sake of tang can, he got burned.

Moral of this story: Get off Craigslist, go to the club, pick up a chick, put on a condom and then don't worry about paying child support.

alnorth 01-03-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9274134)
Ok, then that changes things quite a bit. Why is the state pursuing this with such fervor? To make an example for those who do not follow the state monopoly rule?

Apparently the state is being forced to pay for the kid somehow. More than likely the lesbian is on WIC or something. They found out there's a father, so now they want their money back.

J Diddy 01-03-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9274117)

It is easy to check. Look at his cell phone records and see if he downloaded this around the conception date.:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lQlIhraqL7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cosmo20002 01-03-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9274158)
Apparently the state is being forced to pay for the kid somehow. More than likely the lesbian is on WIC or something. They found out there's a father, so now they want their money back.

Yes, this.

luv 01-03-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9274158)

Yep. She applied for public assistance. If they can force money from the father, then that's less public funds they have to spend.

jettio 01-03-2013 12:06 PM

I don't know what is worse for this guy.

Having to pay the money or having a national news story about him bashin' the bishop and dropping off the specimens at the lesbians' place.

Kind of ironic that he was punishing it like it owed him money and then he ends up being the one owing money.

Brock 01-03-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9274154)
This dude saw an ad on Craigslist for some ****ing and applied. He should have at least consulted an attorney over a legal contract, however, he was thinking with his prick, wanted some tang, and, just like anybody else who's ****ing for the sake of tang can, he got burned.

Moral of this story: Get off Craigslist, go to the club, pick up a chick, put on a condom and then don't worry about paying child support.

He didn't get tang. he spanked it into a cup.

Jenson71 01-03-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9274231)

This guy was literally so dumb that he offered his sperm for a bottle of his favorite citrus beverage.

J Diddy 01-03-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9274231)

I missed that. Then the moral of the story changes to spank into a sock next time.

Red And Yellow 01-03-2013 12:39 PM

This is ridiculous

KCFaninSEA 01-03-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9273981)
Probably because their union is not legally recognized in the state. It would be the same as if it were a heterosexual boyfriend/girlfriend in a non-common law marriage state, I would think. Say the boyfriend can't get the girlfriend prego, so they use a third party's sperm. The couple breaks up. The boyfriend would not be responsible for paying child support, because it's technically not his kid.

Much depends on the state. In my state if a child lives with you and would be adversely affected by moving, the child could be awarded support to continue living in the same type of atmosphere. Messed up but it has happened.

KCFaninSEA 01-03-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9274197)
Yep. She applied for public assistance. If they can force money from the father, then that's less public funds they have to spend.

Most states get some federal funds based on how much child support they bring in. Politics come into play on that as well.

whoman69 01-03-2013 02:09 PM

He signed a legal document saying he wasn't the father. Precedent in KS had a man forced to pay support because he didn't have such a document. This is a pretty transparent attempt by the state of Kansas to weaken the ability of lesbian couples to have a family.

Brock 01-03-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9274852)
He signed a legal document saying he wasn't the father. Precedent in KS had a man forced to pay support because he didn't have such a document. This is a pretty transparent attempt by the state of Kansas to weaken the ability of lesbian couples to have a family.

No, they'd be doing this if it were a straight couple too.

WhiteWhale 01-03-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Yup.

Man and woman get married and have a family. Man and woman get divorced.

Woman moves into a bigger house, and man moves into studio apartment.

Bane 01-03-2013 02:47 PM

He should have faked it.

Mr. Laz 01-03-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9274037)

so you're bored with the courts screwing people over?

Mr. Laz 01-03-2013 02:54 PM

if he loses he should go after full custody just to be an asshat

Graystoke 01-03-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9275056)
Yup.

Man and woman get married and have a family. Man and woman get divorced.

Woman moves into a bigger house, and man moves into studio apartment.

Not always!

I moved into my VW Camper Van

zman0306 01-03-2013 03:23 PM

crazy

crossbow 01-03-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9274089)

He pays for a kid and didn't even get to play "Hide the sausage". That sucks.

Msmith 01-03-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9275113)

Maybe his own wife do not welcome additional mouth to feed.

beach tribe 01-03-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9273954)

I think the lesbian used a Turkey baster

Garcia Bronco 01-03-2013 04:07 PM

If he has a signed contract I don't see how the state could reverse it.

Brock 01-03-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9275455)

You understand that you can't just make up a piece of paper saying whatever you want and sign it and think that it's necessarily going to hold water?

Garcia Bronco 01-03-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9275470)
You understand that you can't just make up a piece of paper saying whatever you want and sign it and think that it's necessarily going to hold water?

There are rules to contracts, but that's exactly what a contract is provided you didn't sign it under duress.

Radar Chief 01-03-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 9275115)
Not always!

I moved into my VW Camper Van

Down by the river? /Matt Foley

luv 01-03-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9275498)
There are rules to contracts, but that's exactly what a contract is provided you didn't sign it under duress.

A mob boss could sign a contract with a hitman. You think that will hold water? Everything about the contract must be legal. If it contradicts the law, it will not hold up in a court of law.

GloryDayz 01-03-2013 04:44 PM

This might explain why they're lesbians! They're trapped, not doubt, but I'd be public as hell about it. Everybody these people encounter, teachers, churches, neighbors would know who they are and what kind of people they are. I don't care about their sexuality, but their honor would be like a bad tattoo on their foreheads from then on. And I'd ask for 50% custody too!

The Franchise 01-03-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9275113)

This.

luv 01-03-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9275627)
This might explain why they're lesbians! They're trapped, not doubt, but I'd be public as hell about it. Everybody these people encounter, teachers, churches, neighbors would know who they are and what kind of people they are. I don't care about their sexuality, but their honor would be like a bad tattoo on their foreheads from then on. And I'd ask for 50% custody too!

She isn't suing him for it. She asked for public assistance. The state is going after him.

And how would this explain why they're lesbians?

GloryDayz 01-03-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9275663)
She isn't suing him for it. She asked for public assistance. The state is going after him.

And how would this explain why they're lesbians?

I didn't understand the full details of the first part, sorry. But either way, I'm not sure I'm OK with people breeding if they can't support the offspring.

I don't know, it just sucks, and the state sucks too! Assholes!

BWillie 01-03-2013 05:46 PM

Children, the #1 cause of poverty since forever.

teedubya 01-03-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

My son is 11, and I've already planted the seed that getting married isn't the ideal scenario.

If your marriage fails, the woman gets 1/2 of your shit and a % of your future shit.
If your marriage is golden, you die... and then they get 100% of your shit.

BWillie 01-03-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9275949)
My son is 11, and I've already planted the seed that getting married isn't the ideal scenario.

If your marriage fails, the woman gets 1/2 of your shit and a % of your future shit.
If your marriage is golden, you die... and then they get 100% of your shit.

One of my cousins only likes wealthy men. She is apparently a good looking gal, and early in her life she got married to an older hideous but insanely rich dude. Their wedding was unreal, and the guy was a great guy from all accounts. That ended about a year later, and she took him for all he was worth. She obtained a ton of $$$ and assets from that relationship. Now she is with another older rich dude, not really an ugly dude but you can tell, she values that more than about anything. Get her drunk and she'll even admit that she married dude 1 for the money, and planned to divorce him soon enough after.

One reason I really don't want to get married. I'm very afraid that I'll lose everything I've got. I've worked hard to get so much assets at a young age and I'd even be afraid that some sleazy attorney could slice through a prenup like swiss cheese finding some BS loophole.

JoeyChuckles 01-03-2013 06:19 PM

If they met off Craigslist, why did he give them his name and info?

KCFaninSEA 01-03-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9275455)

Because nobody can agree to sign/give/agree to give away the rights of the Child. Not the mother, the father or anybody. It is supposed to be "Child" support not mother support but we all know how that goes, don't we!!!!

Attorneys are slicing through these kinds of "contracts", pre nups as well, and making them worthless.

Be very careful out there people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GloryDayz 01-03-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9275680)
I didn't understand the full details of the first part, sorry. But either way, I'm not sure I'm OK with people breeding if they can't support the offspring.

I don't know, it just sucks, and the state sucks too! Assholes!

One more thing... I understand the state may have its laws they must follow, but even if the legal system won't respect the documents they signed "in ignorance," regardless of the loophole the state is using to protect itself, I suspect the birth mother should respect the contract as was intended they day they signed it. This is what makes he a piece of shit regardless of her sexual tendencies.

But I guess hard times bring out the worst in some...