ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Why do we suck in 2007? Blame our drafts and King Carl. Evidence can't be denied. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171865)

HemiEd 10-08-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
Correct. How many of those undrafted free agents have the Pats/Indy got in the last few years? There is an obvious corelation. So, we have a handful in 17 years of trying? Thats good enough to keep your job?

Also if you rememeber right Priest was brought in to be a 3rd down back not the feature back. Tony Richardson was going to be the feature back.

Yep, we got lucky with Priest, but if you keep trying it should happen once in a while. I know I was really excited when we signed him, he was a proven commodity to me.
I think we may actually have a couple UDFAs on the roster now, that could could stick. Further evidence, Herm is the best talent evaluator this team has had since Marty.

HemiEd 10-08-2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zouk
Actually, I didn't. He's not a consistent, physical player. He needs replacing.

then you are retart.

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
You forgot about Kris Wilson.

Kris Wilson, while possibly not worth a late second round pick, has potential.

After watching the Redskins the past two seasons under Saunders, it's clear that he envisioned a "Chris Cooley" type role for Wilson. Cooley is quite effective as an H-back/tight end and had he not broken his leg in a meaningless pre-season game, he *may* have become a bigger factor by now.

Zouk 10-08-2007 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
Kris Wilson, while possibly not worth a late second round pick, has potential.

After watching the Redskins the past two seasons under Saunders, it's clear that he envisioned a "Chris Cooley" type role for Wilson. Cooley is quite effective as an H-back/tight end and had he not broken his leg in a meaningless pre-season game, he *may* have become a bigger factor by now.

But don't we have Tony G to play the Cooley role? There's not enough room on the field for them to both work the middle.

What we really need at the fullback position is someone like the Redskins have in Mike Sellers. A 6-3 285 pound monster who can block like an extra lineman, and also catch the ball if necessary. Not someone who wets his pants at the sight of an 8 man front.

Wile_E_Coyote 10-08-2007 10:58 AM

Wilson has been the one of the most consistent playmakers on the offense

Dayze 10-08-2007 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkchief
Whoopdy-freakin-doo. Carl's whiffs outnumber his hits by about 10 to 1. He's simply pathetic.

yup; exaclty.
Even a broken watch is correct twice per day.

BigRedChief 10-08-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile_E_Coyote

ROFL

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zouk
But don't we have Tony G to play the Cooley role? There's not enough room on the field for them to both work the middle.

What we really need at the fullback position is someone like the Redskins have in Mike Sellers. A 6-3 285 pound monster who can block like an extra lineman, and also catch the ball if necessary. Not someone who wets his pants at the sight of an 8 man front.

Last I checked, Tony G is a tight end, not an H-back.

The reason Saunders wanted Wilson was to have another big bodied receiver to create mismatches.

When this happens, it works out beautifully (i.e. play number uno yesterday). The problem is Huard hadn't been looking off his receivers, nor has he had much time to do so.

Hopefully with Brodie Croyle, the ball will be spread around the field more consistently.

Only time will tell.

Wile_E_Coyote 10-08-2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

ROFL

line of scrimmage outlet saving Huard's behind

StcChief 10-08-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile_E_Coyote

pass it down whatever your smokin'

ROFL :bong:

Wile_E_Coyote 10-08-2007 11:38 AM

He has one drop & one forced fumble, taking the heat Huard can't handle. sacks & fumbles

Zouk 10-08-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
Last I checked, Tony G is a tight end, not an H-back.

The reason Saunders wanted Wilson was to have another big bodied receiver to create mismatches.

When this happens, it works out beautifully (i.e. play number uno yesterday). The problem is Huard hadn't been looking off his receivers, nor has he had much time to do so.

Hopefully with Brodie Croyle, the ball will be spread around the field more consistently.

Only time will tell.

I know what position they play - my point is only that it's hard for him to run those kind of routes with Gonzalez on the team. What does Kris Wilson give us that we can't get from Michael Allan - a 7th rounder from Whitworth?

We need tougher, more physical players on offense. Wilson is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

ChiefGator 10-08-2007 11:45 AM

Total Players Drafted: 35

Players remaining on our roster from these drafts: 1
. Greg Wesley SS

Players on other teams rosters: 7

. Ryan Sims (played in no games this year)
. Scott Fujita (starts for New Orleans, third team)
. Monty Beisel (backup in Arizona)
. Terdell Sands (starts in Oakland - 3 tackles)
. Dante Hall (St. Louis)
. John Tait (starts in Chicago)
. Gary Stills ( backup in Baltimore )

Now THAT, is PRICELESS!

Of the player we drafted, I would takeStills back for special teams only, and of course, Tait. And Wesley is a good backup safety.

Terrible drafting.

BigRedChief 10-08-2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator
Total Players Drafted: 35

Players remaining on our roster from these drafts: 1
. Greg Wesley SS

Players on other teams rosters: 7

. Ryan Sims (played in no games this year)
. Scott Fujita (starts for New Orleans, third team)
. Monty Beisel (backup in Arizona)
. Terdell Sands (starts in Oakland - 3 tackles)
. Dante Hall (St. Louis)
. John Tait (starts in Chicago)
. Gary Stills ( backup in Baltimore )

Now THAT, is PRICELESS!

Of the player we drafted, I would takeStills back for special teams only, and of course, Tait. And Wesley is a good backup safety.

Terrible drafting.

How do the King Carl defenders justify this record?

ChiefGator 10-08-2007 01:39 PM

Quote:

How do the King Carl defenders justify this record?

Beats me... About four productive players ( Hall, Tait, Wesley, and Stills) and probably only one who should be starting (Tait). That's not a good record out of 35 picks. That's around 11%.

And less than 3% of these players drafted by the Chiefs still play for the chiefs.

And 77% of them are out of football entirely!

I didn't really realize it was so bad until I started searching for each of these players in NFL rosters.

Mark