ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Javon Walker want out of G.B. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137053)

Prince22 03-10-2006 12:22 AM

Javon Walker want out of G.B.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2361969

I wonder what it would cost to bring him in.

keg in kc 03-10-2006 12:24 AM

After missing almost all of last season? Who knows.

Dunit35 03-10-2006 12:24 AM

A torn up knee= no thanks.

Ebolapox 03-10-2006 12:37 AM

eh, I'd hang a flier on him and go for it--he's a stud if/when healthy, and it IS possible to recover from a torn up knee... just as long as it's not a shoulder ;)

-EB-

Mile High Mania 03-10-2006 07:52 AM

Javon Walker now wants a trade

This is getting kinda silly...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2361969

StcChief 03-10-2006 07:54 AM

Worth a look.

Mile High Mania 03-10-2006 07:57 AM

My bad - didn't catch the other thread.

jspchief 03-10-2006 07:57 AM

I don't think Walker is off base in this scenario.

1. He was deserving of the new contract he wanted last year.
2. It was bush for Favre to call him out in public.
3. I don't doubt that the state of Wisconsin sided with Favre, and was hard on him.

If the Chiefs want to chase a WR, this is the guy we should be looking at. I'd take him over two Terrell Owens'.

MOhillbilly 03-10-2006 08:25 AM

blown knees dont carry the same tag as 10 or even 5 years ago,its a whole new world in sprots meds. Id like to see kc pick him up.

greg63 03-10-2006 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief

3. I don't doubt that the state of Wisconsin sided with Favre, and was hard on him.

If the Chiefs want to chase a WR, this is the guy we should be looking at. I'd take him over two Terrell Owens'.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Agreed!

Dunit35 03-10-2006 08:34 AM

Quote:

He does deserve a new contract. But he has incury concerns right now. He could turn out 100% healthy, who knows.

jspchief 03-10-2006 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35
He does deserve a new contract. But he has incury concerns right now. He could turn out 100% healthy, who knows.

I was referencing last off-season when he wanted a new contract before he got injured. Ultimately, he showed up to camp and decided to play without the new contract. Then he got injured, and has lost some of his leverage.

It really puts into perspective why these guys want new contracts as soon as they start playing well.

ct 03-10-2006 08:43 AM

Quote:

I'm all for it, we'd get a bargain with the injury thing too. Didn't he fire Rosenhaus(sp?) last year?

Dunit35 03-10-2006 08:46 AM

Quote:

I was referencing last off-season when he wanted a new contract before he got injured. Ultimately, he showed up to camp and decided to play without the new contract. Then he got injured, and has lost some of his leverage.

It really puts into perspective why these guys want new contracts as soon as they start playing well.

With him getting injured last year would you still be willing to give him T.O. type of money? I guess T.O. type money could go either way with a cheap one year contract with incentives or the type of T.O. contract that was 7 year 49 mill?

I'm sure some team is willing to give Walker a huge contract.

jspchief 03-10-2006 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35
With him getting injured last year would you still be willing to give him T.O. type of money? I guess T.O. type money could go either way with a cheap one year contract with incentives or the type of T.O. contract that was 7 year 49 mill?

I'm sure some team is willing to give Walker a huge contract.

Without having any idea what the diagnosis is on his knee, it's hard to answer that.

IMO, he's worth less than he was last year, when he would have commanded a contract in line with the highest paid WRs in the league. A team should be able to use the leverage of his injury to drive his price down this year, whether it's deserved or not. I would still expect him to be very expensive and I doubt he'll sttle for anything other than a long term deal.