ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Venting your microwave meal. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269492)

bevischief 01-30-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9365374)
Actually, metal in the microwave isn't necessarily damaging in many cases. The magnetron that creates the microwave rays can't really be hurt by it. The problem is when the metal gets in just the right position, it has the possibility of acting like an antenna which focuses the microwave rays and can arc and possibly ignite something else. It just depends on how much the microwaves are dispersed around in the cage, and what type of materials happen to be in the sweet spot, and whether they're moving around. But there are many ways you can safely have metal in a microwave. Some foods actually have a small bit of metal in the packaging and sometimes that is actually intended to focus the microwaves just a little bit.

ROFLROFL

I wasn't serious. I know how it works more than you know. I have only had about 3 hours sleep the in the last 24 hours.

rageeumr 01-30-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 9365373)
YOU HAVE A WHOLE BLOCK FOR JUST YOUR KNIVES?!??

We stunt hard in my house.

listopencil 01-30-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 9365373)
YOU HAVE A WHOLE BLOCK FOR JUST YOUR KNIVES?!??

I heat my food in a kiln, powered by dragons, and I quench my meat in unicorn blood. It's more expensive but I'm worth it.

J Diddy 01-30-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9365527)
I heat my food in a kiln, powered by dragons, and I quench my meat in unicorn blood. It's more expensive but I'm worth it.

If you add just a drop of Bronco tear, it is magnificent.

Dayze 01-30-2013 05:08 PM

I do know, that microwaving Campbell's soups results in miniature nuclear explosions.

no idea why.

*edit*...LMAO at the 4th option.

houstonwhodat 01-30-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9365010)
I need a "stab it with a fork multiple times" option. To just poke holes in the top that is all. It vents it just fine that way. At the same time pretending it's someone you don't like so much helps revil the distane. :evil:

This.

BlackHelicopters 01-30-2013 07:26 PM

My eyes have never been the same since the microwave oven was invented.

hometeam 01-30-2013 07:27 PM

I'm a peeler because honestly, its easier, and who gives a shit.

Ace Gunner 01-30-2013 07:32 PM

holy shit.

T-Town 01-30-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9365044)
Ugh. I've shied away from the cheap microwave meals (especially the non-frozen ones) ever since I ate these things for lunch for almost an entire week at a new job:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2659/...ffc02a35a4.jpg

I was crapping out lightly colored ooze (about the same as the gravy in that picture) for a few days, even after I stopped eating them. I thought my digestive system had broken or something.

Some of them did bad things to me but I usually blamed it on the beer. Couldn't be the cheap processed crap for food I'm taking in

Rasputin 01-30-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9365933)
I'm a peeler because honestly, its easier, and who gives a shit.

Rain Man, & about 46 people who voted and me with my own poke holes with a fork in it option. That's who gives a shit.

I would never ever mock a Rain Man poll. Eva

Forgive hometeam Rain Man he does not know what he is saying.

mlyonsd 01-30-2013 07:42 PM

The reason you are instructed to pierce the film instead of peeling is obvious and for a purpose.

If the contents of the meal shift before it is completely frozen the liquid part could collect on one side of the packaging.

When heated in a microwave concentrated liquid could start to boil. If it has congregated at the edge that has been peeled it could boil and expand outside the package, into the microwave. Hence the vile community microwave at work places, created by people that don't understand common logic and reason.

If pierced on the top of the film your microwave will probably be spared.

This isn't rocket science people.

Rain Man 01-30-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9365962)
Rain Man, & about 46 people who voted and me with my own poke holes with a fork in it option. That's who gives a shit.

I appreciate your ongoing support. This is an important issue, because the time cost of finding a knife for 50 million people per day times 5 days per week times 365 days per year at 10 seconds per knife is about 4.9 million lost hours of productivity per year. And if every one of those knives costs 1 cent to wash, we're talking about $130 million in avoidable costs. If you want to know why we're losing ground on the Chinese, look no further than our frivolous uses of knives in venting microwave dinners.

hometeam 01-30-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9365962)

I'm more saying, that is what I am saying to myself as I do it~

TimeForWasp 01-30-2013 08:27 PM

I just throw it in and wait for the popping noise when it blows it's own vent hole.