ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs on KCFX-FM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118223)

ZootedGranny 06-20-2005 07:08 PM

Not that I can remember, but then again, I was typing and listening at the same time, a feat that nearly broke my simple mind.

I'm editing the clips right now, and will post them in sections, considering I doubt anyone wants to listen to Clark Hunt.

unlurking 06-20-2005 07:10 PM

Seems weird to me that he sees the LB lineup taking shape, but is very happy with DJ, Bell, Fox, and Mitchell.

If we were to transition between a 4-3 and a 3-4 on occasion, who do you think could play the front 3? Dalton and Siavii are big enough, but are they powerful enough?

RealSNR 06-20-2005 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
but I love it when [Gunther] talks dirty

You would :p

ZootedGranny 06-20-2005 07:33 PM

Here you go, just add the http:// to the link if you somehow have any problems:

Denny Thum segment:
s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=22RCUQIYUNE6L36QJTKJ8L1S3I

Gunther Cunningham segment:
s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1I0OR0HBTYI5I19U10XWRV6GSF

Clark Hunt segment:
s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=17UDNYTP02K300RULXRLXAQDZG

booger 06-20-2005 07:42 PM

Just to add what I got out of it...

About the Dline:

Sims: has improved on his pass rush and they have been working on his lower body technique. Needs to improve on rush defense and they will work on that in camp. Still has to improve. Just a side note but maybe Sims looking fat has to do with him playing a bit bigger this year to improve against the run. DV is the guy who doesn't like linemen with a gut. I don't think Gun or any coach does either, but if they have to beef up a bit so be it. JMO. I'll believe it when I see it with Sims. Gun didn't rip him but didn't seem to excited either.

Siavii: Has been on him since the end of last season and had a heart to heart talk ( he mentioned these talks with Wesley, Allen, and Mitchell as well) about keeping up on improvemtent and just start off the offseason work outs where he left off. He has been happy thus far and stated he still doesn't know who will start at LDT next to Dalton.

Allen: Was worried when he started slow at the beginning but told him not to get caught up how he did last year because he will be a marked man this year. Seemed to turn him around and he is working hard and looking good.

Wilkerson: Gretz mentioned him working inside and outside and Gun agreed although he didn't expand any on him playing DT. Just mentioned he couldn't work out at the begginning of OTA's (minor injury) and thought he would have trouble making the team. Once he started working out he has done well and Gun did seem excited with him but didn't expand. I know he gained weight last offseason and to me looked fit but winded and sluggish. Maybe he is used to the added weight now and has his stamina back. As a rookie, he did play some DT and held up very well IMO. At least for a guy who was a 265-270 lb rookie. At 280 now, he could be a versitle guy for us kinda like another Browning.

LB: Obviously very happy with Bell and Johnson. Said Key Fox was the best defensive player on the field for 3/4 of the offseason. He likes Grigsby but didn't add too much else. Said he likes Kris Griffin as well and has some attributes like Johnson, tall lanky and rangy. Seems like the guy he has spent the most time talking with is Mitchell. Has really been keeping on him and Gretz mentioned he seems to be a different player. Said he has talked to him alot in person and now Mitchell looks back at him like he is going to kill him. I took it as him trying to get him to have a nasty streak in him and be more aggressive. Who knows what all that means about KM but that was the one guy gun talked about that seemed to crack him up a bit. He said he was getting emotional talking about it.

DB: Wesley is like the old GW. Thinks the signing of Knight is helping out GW alot. Makes sense as Wesley had always played well when Woods was doing well but slipped up when woods played bad or was injured. Really happy with GW and said something along the lines of welcome back Greg the other day. Surtain, Gretz mentioned that he seemed not to understand the defense as well as he would have liked, but Gun didn't seem worried. Said Surtain told the fans that What counts is opening up on Sept. 11 against the Jets.

Overall It was a typical Gun interview. He can get the average person pretty pumped listening to him. Obviously the highlight of the show. Seemed really happy with Pagac the LB coach and he said he hasn't let up (screaming yelling) the whole offseason. Seemed happy with Karm and Hairston working with the dline (mentioned them working with Hall specifically) but didn't mention Guinta. Didn't say much about the secondary though except for the talk of Wesley Knight and Surtain.

You expect him to be happy with the newcomers but I was pleased the way he sounded about some of the returning guys and about the defense overall.

the Talking Can 06-20-2005 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger
About the Dline:

Sims: has improved on his pass rush and they have been working on his lower body technique. Needs to improve on rush defense and they will work on that in camp. Still has to improve. Just a side note but maybe Sims looking fat has to do with him playing a bit bigger this year to improve against the run. DV is the guy who doesn't like linemen with a gut. I don't think Gun or any coach does either, but if they have to beef up a bit so be it. JMO. I'll believe it when I see it with Sims. Gun didn't rip him but didn't seem to excited either.

Siavii: Has been on him since the end of last season and had a heart to heart talk ( he mentioned these talks with Wesley, Allen, and Mitchell as well) about keeping up on improvemtent and just start off the offseason work outs where he left off. He has been happy thus far and stated he still doesn't know who will start at LDT next to Dalton.

Allen: Was worried when he started slow at the beginning but told him not to get caught up how he did last year because he will be a marked man this year. Seemed to turn him around and he is working hard and looking good.

Wilkerson: Gretz mentioned him working inside and outside and Gun agreed although he didn't expand any on him playing DT. Just mentioned he couldn't work out at the begginning of OTA's (minor injury) and thought he would have trouble making the team. Once he started working out he has done well and Gun did seem excited with him but didn't expand. I know he gained weight last offseason and to me looked fit but winded and sluggish. Maybe he is used to the added weight now and has his stamina back. As a rookie, he did play some DT and held up very well IMO. At least for a guy who was a 265-270 lb rookie. At 280 now, he could be a versitle guy for us kinda like another Browning.

LB: Obviously very happy with Bell and Johnson. Said Key Fox was the best defensive player on the field for 3/4 of the offseason. He likes Grigsby but didn't add too much else. Said he likes Kris Griffin as well and has some attributes like Johnson, tall lanky and rangy. Seems like the guy he has spent the most time talking with is Mitchell. Has really been keeping on him and Gretz mentioned he seems to be a different player. Said he has talked to him alot in person and now Mitchell looks back at him like he is going to kill him. I took it as him trying to get him to have a nasty streak in him and be more aggressive. Who knows what all that means about KM but that was the one guy gun talked about that seemed to crack him up a bit. He said he was getting emotional talking about it.

DB: Wesley is like the old GW. Thinks the signing of Knight is helping out GW alot. Makes sense as Wesley had always played well when Woods was doing well but slipped up when woods played bad or was injured. Really happy with GW and said something along the lines of welcome back Greg the other day. Surtain, Gretz mentioned that he seemed not to understand the defense as well as he would have liked, but Gun didn't seem worried. Said Surtain told the fans that What counts is opening up on Sept. 11 against the Jets.

Overall It was a typical Gun interview. He can get the average person pretty pumped listening to him. Obviously the highlight of the show. Seemed really happy with Pagac the LB coach and he said he hasn't let up (screaming yelling) the whole offseason. Seemed happy with Karm and Hairston working with the dline (mentioned them working with Hall specifically) but didn't mention Guinta. Didn't say much about the secondary though except for the talk of Wesley Knight and Surtain.

You expect him to be happy with the newcomers but I was pleased the way he sounded about some of the returning guys and about the defense overall.

thanks...who is Kris Griffin?

and is Pagac the LB coach from the Titans? and was he here last year?

Coach 06-20-2005 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
thanks...who is Kris Griffin?

and is Pagac the LB coach from the Titans? and was he here last year?

Griffen is a undrafted FA who the Chiefs picked up. http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/kris_griffin/

And Pagac is the LB coach from the Raiders if I recall correctly, and yes he was here last year.

redfan 06-20-2005 08:21 PM

Interesting comments about Siavii. I saw him on Sat, and the guy could do hardly anything. They were doing the bean bag drill, and Junior couldn't make any kind of move on the left knee.

booger 06-20-2005 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach
Griffen is a undrafted FA who the Chiefs picked up. http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/kris_griffin/

And Pagac is the LB coach from the Raiders if I recall correctly, and yes he was here last year.

Beat me to it. ROFL

Pagac is a longtime Ohio State Coach. His only previous NFL experience was a few years with Oakland. He seems to be a minny Gun. I think that is even what DJ called him in a radio interview IIRC.

Griffin is a small school guy, Indiana of Penn.

rocks 06-20-2005 09:02 PM

Has anyone heard what is wrong with JR.? A sprain or strain or what? Damn secret?

Reaper16 06-20-2005 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocks
Has anyone heard what is wrong with JR.? A sprain or strain or what? Damn secret?

Giddens? Stabbed in the leg. :)

RealSNR 06-20-2005 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny

Denny Thum segment:

Clark Hunt segment:

Can't believe nobody's giving you any credit for this.

That's rep

beer bacon 06-20-2005 10:27 PM

Quote:

Denny Thum segment:

Clark Hunt segment:

Thanks for the downloads. I was watching the Royals lose and missed the program.

DaWolf 06-21-2005 01:53 AM

Yeah, major props on the updates guys and ZG for making the downloads available. Great stuff for those of us who missed it...

htismaqe 06-21-2005 05:03 AM

Quote:

Talking about a "fluid depth chart" at the LBs, the spots are now clearer. Says that it'd take a blindman not to see Derrick Johnson's and Bell's talents. Really happy with Fox at that spot.

Is choking up a second about how far Kawika has come, he really likes his progress.

I don't know what to think about all of this. Gunther obviously likes Mitchell, but if Fox was the best player on the field 75% of OTA's, how can you put him on the bench?