ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football What makes the Broncos "rise" most disgusting... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=216682)

MMXcalibur 10-21-2009 11:46 AM

What makes the Broncos "rise" most disgusting...

...is that they've seemingly fixed a god awful defense (at least thus far) in one offseason. It's taken Kansas City 1..2......4....7....(shit, I can't count that high...) number of offseasons to still field what some might say is slightly better than shit on their best days.

That Denver defense was absolutely putrid last season and now they're "top o' the world". Meanwhile, we've had an inept driver for the past umpteenth numbers of seasons who couldn't get the car out of neutral and when he did....he backed up into the car behind him.

Piss on Carl. Piss on Gunther. Piss on the defense. I got enough piss for everyone involved.

Mr. Laz 10-21-2009 11:48 AM

1st - they had good linebackers and then switched to a LB dominated system. smart

1(a) - We had shitty linebackers and switch to a LB dominated system. ugh

2nd - they have decent overall talent to begin with

3rd - they hire Nolan to run the defense ... Nolan > Pendergast

The Franchise 10-21-2009 11:49 AM

That's what happens when you actually have a DE that can transition to a 3-4 OLB. Hali is playing ehhh right now....but he's no Dumervil. Plus they hired a defensive coordinator who knew what the **** he was doing.

DaWolf 10-21-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 6193422)
...is that they've seemingly fixed a god awful defense (at least thus far) in one offseason. It's taken Kansas City 1..2......4....7....(shit, I can't count that high...) number of offseasons to still field what some might say is slightly better than shit on their best days.

That Denver defense was absolutely putrid last season and now they're "top o' the world". Meanwhile, we've had an inept driver for the past umpteenth numbers of seasons who couldn't get the car out of neutral and when he did....he backed up into the car behind him.

Piss on Carl. Piss on Gunther. Piss on the defense. I got enough piss for everyone involved.

The bright side is that they fixed it in one offseason, so it's not impossible for us to do the same thing next offseason. I think one thing that hurt us was that our preferred DC (Crennel) did not take the job and pickings were slim. Denver got an excellent defensive mind in Nolan, and it shows.

I'm not at all sold on Pendergast. If our defense doesn't significantly rise as the season goes on, I really hope we get someone else to run the D in the offseason. I'd be on the Wade Phillips bandwagon, as he was the guy who went to San Diego and helped turn that D around overnight earlier this decade, and they basically did it at that time too by signing cheap free agents and getting other guys to play up to their abilities...

Gonzo 10-21-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 6193422)

Well....Piss

wild1 10-21-2009 12:05 PM

They had about twice as much talent on defense

Sure-Oz 10-21-2009 12:07 PM

not even a fair comparison, they have way more talent then us at every position they werent a 2 win team last year

CoMoChief 10-21-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6193465)

Like who DJ Williams?!?!? Piss on him, hes ****in garbage.

Sure-Oz 10-21-2009 12:09 PM

Apparently they can make vonnie holliday decent

milkman 10-21-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6193473)
Apparently they can make vonnie holliday decent

Everyone but the Chiefs were able to make Holliday decent.

shitgoose 10-21-2009 12:12 PM

The have very good leadership with Bailey and Dawkins. I think Dawkins has made a huge impact for them.

morphius 10-21-2009 12:16 PM

I also have a feeling that our new staff had no faith at all that Herm could coach up his players, so they felt they needed to really look and see what they had in person.

doomy3 10-21-2009 12:25 PM

I think what makes it disgusting is that they essentially did many of the same things we did last offseason, it just appears they did them better-at least in the short term.

They are using the same "right 53 players" we are, only they have gotten results. Trade their Franchise QB, alienate their best playmaker (Marshall), and sign a bunch of over-the-hill vets. Difference is their over-the-hill vets are actually contributing while ours are sucking.

Mile High Mania 10-21-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6193465)

8 of the 11 starters on defense in 2009... were not starters on defense with Denver in 2008.

KCUnited 10-21-2009 12:27 PM

They are 6-0 with Orton.