ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Taco John wants a new QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108157)

Hammock Parties 01-10-2005 09:04 AM

Taco John wants a new QB

ROFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
Jake has got plenty of heart. He just can't pass from the pocket very well. He doesn't have pocket skills to hide his actions when he's standing in there. You know what Jake is going to do when he's in the pocket, because he's telegraphing it. From staring down routes, to hesitating before passes, Jake gives defenders the opportunity to react to what he's doing before he does it.

The bottom line is, do you, or don't you believe that Jake can win a Superbowl with the Broncos. It's my unfortunate displeasure to say that I don't. I love everything about Jake except the fact that he can't pass from the pocket, and we are in a passing league right now. We need a more complete quarterback.

KCTitus 01-10-2005 09:08 AM

Odd that we're not seeing Teej posting here today. That's really unusual for him.

Mr. Kotter 01-10-2005 09:08 AM

Elvis Grbac is available... :hmmm:

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 09:09 AM

Bottom line is, there are no free agent options that appeal to me. I understand the issues with him in the pocket. Griese was a better pocket passer and less mobile.

There just aren't many really good QBs that have both... none that are on the market or in the draft.

So, you work with what you have. 4,000+ yards and 27 TDs is good. 20 INTs is not, but we'll go from there.

KCTitus 01-10-2005 09:09 AM

How much is that roster bonus this offseason? 8M?

Saulbadguy 01-10-2005 09:10 AM

Kurt Warner.

Hammock Parties 01-10-2005 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
Bottom line is, there are no free agent options that appeal to me.

Drew Brees might be available.

Garcia Bronco 01-10-2005 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
How much is that roster bonus this offseason? 8M?

6 million...not that much spread out. MHM said it...their just isn't anybody else out there the would make the change worth it.

Hammock Parties 01-10-2005 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco
6 million...not that much spread out. MHM said it...their just isn't anybody else out there the would make the change worth it.

Erm, doesn't he get all 6 million at once since it's a roster bonus?

And that's in addition to his salary.

The Broncos need to upgrade their offensive line in the worst way, too. Plummer has his problems, but they are only magnified by horrible pass protection.

RNR 01-10-2005 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco

Do you think Brees is worth a look if the Chargers don't tag him?

Coach 01-10-2005 09:14 AM

As much as Taco would want a new QB, I don't see Shanahan is going to get one, considering that he wants to pick up Jake's option (Not sure if that's been done yet.)

I think Denver will be stuck with Jake Plummer for awhile.

Hammock Parties 01-10-2005 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
I'm not buying. I just don't see much upside from here with Plummer. He is what he is, and more importantly, he isn't what he isn't... and that's a pocket passer. I just don't see him winning a Superbowl for anybody.

Garcia Bronco 01-10-2005 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoatCheese
Erm, doesn't he get all 6 million at once since it's a roster bonus?

And that's in addition to his salary.

The Broncos need to upgrade their offensive line in the worst way, too. Plummer has his problems, but they are only magnified by horrible pass protection.

It's still a signing bonus spread out over the life of the contract....I'm sure Bowlen has the cash flow if that's what you're refering to.

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 09:15 AM

GC...

Look at the passing yards, rushing yards and sacks allowed. The Oline isn't in shambles.

Brees will likely be franchised and cost a team two #1 picks and I haven't seen enough from the 1-year wonder to view him as worthy.

One of the keys in FA ... beware of players that kicked ass in their contract year.

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider
Do you think Brees is worth a look if the Chargers don't tag him?

Not for the price. If you ask me to give $4M a year and a big bonus to either Plummer or Drew... I choose Plummer. He knows the system and Brees has performed for 1 year only. I'm not saying he won't rock for years to come, but I don't see him doing better than Plummer in Denver... they have other areas to address that can improve the team with Plummer.