ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Jet's Doug Brien Attempts Suicide (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108564)

Wilson 01-18-2005 06:56 AM

Jet's Doug Brien Attempts Suicide

NEW YORK - In late breaking news The New York Jets have confirmed that kicker Doug Brien attempted suicide in his Pittsburg Hotel room after the 20-17 playoff loss to the Steelers.

Brien missed two 47 and 43 yard field goals that would have moved the New York Jets into the AFC Championship Game.

Running back Curtis Martin said he walked into Brien's Room where he found the kicker standing on a chair with a small rope around his neck that was attatched to an support beam on the ceiling.

Martin commented: "It was really scary, he was all ready to end it all but the son of bitch couldn't kick the chair out from underneath him".

New York Jets official could not be contacted for comment.

MichaelH 01-18-2005 06:59 AM

ROFL
If the story was true, I think Martin would have been eager to help him kick the chair out.

Herzig 01-18-2005 07:00 AM

Damn...I heard Lin Elliot did the same thing about 10 years ago.

Bob Dole 01-18-2005 07:06 AM

Talk about a recycled joke...

Skip Towne 01-18-2005 07:51 AM

Where is that neg rep button?

ILChief 01-18-2005 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herzig
Damn...I heard Lin Elliot did the same thing about 10 years ago.

and Scott Norwood

Kris Kringle 01-18-2005 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson
NEW YORK - In late breaking news The New York Jets have confirmed that kicker Doug Brien attempted suicide in his Pittsburg Hotel room after the 20-17 playoff loss to the Steelers.

Brien missed two 47 and 43 yard field goals that would have moved the New York Jets into the AFC Championship Game.

Running back Curtis Martin said he walked into Brien's Room where he found the kicker standing on a chair with a small rope around his neck that was attatched to an support beam on the ceiling.

Martin commented: "It was really scary, he was all ready to end it all but the son of bitch couldn't kick the chair out from underneath him".

:shake:

Eleazar 01-18-2005 08:25 AM

This joke is older than the skidmarks in Skip's drawers

Wilson 01-18-2005 08:26 AM

Cripes, it was a joke.

Nothing is more popular around here than being obnoxous, I thought this would fit right in.

Duck Dog 01-18-2005 08:43 AM

Quote:

Cripes, it was a joke.

Nothing is more popular around here than being obnoxous, I thought this would fit right in.

It did fit right in.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-18-2005 08:44 AM

Gee.........I didn't see that coming...

morphius 01-18-2005 09:13 AM

Quote:

Cripes, it was a joke.

The only issue is that EVERY KC fan has heard this joke from the {name that must not be spoken/typed} playoff game...

bricks 01-18-2005 09:16 AM

Quote:

That's fuck'n stupid :shake: who the hell jokes about people killing themselves? Your NOT funny.

memyselfI 01-18-2005 09:18 AM

Quote:

Dejavu, just ask Lin Elliot.

Bob Dole 01-18-2005 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks
That's fuck'n stupid :shake: who the hell jokes about people killing themselves? Your NOT funny.

Bob Dole agrees 100%. There are children who read this forum, and they should not be exposed to discussion of suicide. Whether it was a failure or not, it is clearly inappropriate.

Perhaps someone with the mystical powers of moderation could act responsibly and deal with this distasteful topic accordingly.