ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Peter King says Chiefs offering 4th rounder for Surtain (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113064)

Brock 03-28-2005 10:51 AM

Peter King says Chiefs offering 4th rounder for Surtain

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html

Quote:

2. Saban loves draft picks: He wants more of them. He is in mourning over the fact the Dolphins don't have their second-round selection this year (they dealt it for A.J. Feeley last year), and I see Saban holding out for a second- or a third-round pick for cornerback Patrick Surtain. Right now, the best offer out there for Surtain is Kansas City's fourth-round pick.

dirk digler 03-28-2005 10:56 AM

If that is true CP is a dumb ****.

Iowanian 03-28-2005 11:00 AM

....and if he gets it done for a 4th........He's a fargin Genius.

Rain Man 03-28-2005 11:00 AM

Beat 'em down, Carl! Beat 'em down!

dirk digler 03-28-2005 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian

I would agree.

Hoover 03-28-2005 11:01 AM

The sad thing is if we had a 3rd that we could it would be done. I think we should send them our 2nd for Surtain and a 4th.

jspchief 03-28-2005 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
The sad thing is if we had a 3rd that we could it would be done.

I agree. It's too bad we don't have the pick to be able to meet them in the middle, although there's no guarantee that MIA would come down to a 3rd.

I think Surtain is worth the second, but I'd sure like to get it done cheaper. Hopefully we aren't competing with too many other teams.

siberian khatru 03-28-2005 11:07 AM

1. Will anyone meet Miami's asking price?

2. If not, how desperate is Miami to get rid of him?

Mr. Laz 03-28-2005 11:08 AM

Quote:

The sad thing is if we had a 3rd that we could it would be done.

enter the bad trade for welbourn

btw - Surtains value is being hurt by his (apparently) huge contract demands. If surtain wanted a decent contract he wouldn't be on the trade block and/or he would be going for a 1st rounder ... maybe more.

bricks 03-28-2005 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler

Ditto. What in the world are these guys thinking. If they expect to acquire Surtain with a 4th rounder, they are better off not even negiotiating. Because that is a joke, and, a slap in the face to Surtain, and the Dolphins organization. Well, in my eyes, I see that way anyway. I don't understand the concept why the Chiefs don't give up the 2nd round pick. they can acquire it back by trading down in the draft. Or even trading up with your lower round picks. We have so many picks this year it's not funny. 3 in the 5th, 2 in the 6th, 2 in the 7th. So, what's the problem CP? We could even use 2 of those picks and a player to get our 2nd round pick back. I could go on and on about what we can do, why even bother wasting my breath. :shake:

Eleazar 03-28-2005 11:12 AM

He's one tough SOB negotiator

Ghostof 03-28-2005 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks
I could go on and on about what we can do, why even bother wasting my breath. :shake:

Thanks, I for one appreciate you not wasting our time.

Frankie 03-28-2005 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler

I like it actually. Offer them a 4th and see if they'll agree to a 3rd. Pretty damn good bargaining if you ask me. Let me remind you that this is a club that traded away a 2nd (1st?) for AJ Feeley. They are not the smartest front office in the league. Anyway, I've been on the don't-spend-a-2nd-on-Surtain side. But for a 3rd, I'd have no problem with the trade. Hold on to your guns CP. :thumb:

Bob Dole 03-28-2005 11:13 AM

Quote:

The sad thing is if we had a 3rd that we could it would be done. I think we should send them our 2nd for Surtain and a 4th.

We've got a third.

Kind of.

Frankie 03-28-2005 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian

Even for a 3rd.