ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Your first hour after winning $365 million. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135910)

Rain Man 02-17-2006 09:43 PM

Your first hour after winning $365 million.

What do you do?

You can answer on the poll, but then you can also propose other activities.

ASSUME THAT YOUR WIN IS 100% CERTAIN. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT TO CONFIRM ANYTHING. IT'S YOURS, ALL YOURS!

chagrin 02-17-2006 09:51 PM

I went with tax strategy and financial plan...can't be too careful. BTw I would buy a home on Cheyenne Mountain, or build one.

Correction suggestion Rain, for Quick surfer - it would be blow lines, not smoke bowls

Boozer 02-17-2006 09:53 PM

OK, who else picked the tax strategy option? I actually worried about the downside of winning the Dec. 31 drawing and not having time to properly shelter my winnings. Then I realized that I'm a cash basis taxpayer, so I might not be on the hook for a win after the close of business 2005.

Bwana 02-17-2006 09:58 PM

Well done Kevin!

dj56dt58 02-17-2006 10:00 PM

Lose it all to sports betting after the Lakers fail to cover the spread against the ****ing Hawks :banghead:

teedubya 02-17-2006 10:01 PM

i would go to Denver and buy Rainman a new bike.

StcChief 02-17-2006 10:04 PM

Tax planning investment strategy

Gotta to have tunes.

Fat Elvis 02-17-2006 10:04 PM

I'd thank God.

Chiefs Express 02-17-2006 10:05 PM

I'd give 20% to the Church....

Then I'd buy Chiefs planet and ban everyone for two months.

DJay23 02-17-2006 10:07 PM

I'd go to the bar and buy everyone a drink. That would be fun.

Boozer 02-17-2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Express
I'd give 20% to the Church....

Of gross or net?

Chiefs Express 02-17-2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boozer
Of gross or net?

When I tithe I always tithe gross. The second 10% is gravy.

After I bought everything I ever wanted and bankrolled enough I'd set up my kids with trust funds and then give away the rest. Who needs that much money?

Wile_E_Coyote 02-17-2006 10:11 PM

think out my fake death & escape plan

Boozer 02-17-2006 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Express
When I tithe I always tithe gross. The second 10% is gravy.

After I bought everything I ever wanted and bankrolled enough I'd set up my kids with trust funds and then give away the rest. Who needs that much money?

Agreed. But if I'm going to give it away, I'm going to have fun with it. I'm talking gifts with bizarre conditions attached.

"Yes, I will fund that new building, but you must call it Poopypants Hall and have a marble equestrian statue of me in the entryway."

Chiefs Express 02-17-2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boozer
Agreed. But if I'm going to give it away, I'm going to have fun with it. I'm talking gifts with bizarre conditions attached.

"Yes, I will fund that new building, but you must call it Poopypants Hall and have a marble equestrian statue of me in the entryway."

I wouldn't. It would always be annonymous. There could be some fun involved, but probably only in a way that a few could see and appreciate. That is where the creative part would have to come in.

I would like to be mean to one person. The guy I used to work for. I'd like to buy his company and fire all of the asswipes he has working for him and bring in a new staff and let them run the company. It couldn't get worse than it is now. They are spiraling downward and by many estimates will close the doors by the end of this year. BTW, there are fewer asswipes there than there are friends, that is why I would keep it going.