ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Manning for Tomlinson with Vick on bench? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149481)

Kneemeyer 10-10-2006 09:27 AM

Manning for Tomlinson with Vick on bench?

Is it smart to trade Manning for Tomlinson if I have Vick on the bench? My running backs are D. Foster and T. Jones. I noticed that Turner is getting a lot of carries for San Diego as well. Could this be an issue? This is my first year in FF, and I took over a team two games into the season because an owner didn't pay. So here I am with a dilemma. I can't think of a more educated group to ask for advice so here I am. Please help.

JBucc 10-10-2006 09:29 AM

Sure. Manning sucks this year.

CoMoChief 10-10-2006 09:36 AM

That depends who you have as RB's

The Big Lebowski 10-10-2006 09:38 AM

You'd have to consider the scoring setup for QB's in your league. As in, do you get 4 or 6 points per TD pass? Do you lose points for interceptions? If so, is it -1 or -2? What other QB's are free agents? (I wouldn't stick with just vick). Do you have any other backs besides T. Jones and Foster? Lots of questions!

In general however, I would make that trade in a heartbeat. LT is a top 3 pick and manning is a low-first to high second round pick.

jspchief 10-10-2006 10:00 AM

It's certainly worth consideration. Your RBs are weak, so it's a huge upgrade. I'm not sure how bad I'd want Vick as my #1 QB though.

tyton75 10-10-2006 10:01 AM

I would make that trade very quickly before he changes his mind... Peyton is great; but top flight RB's are hard to come by and Vick is a decent backup option

ct 10-10-2006 10:33 AM

I think you're losing more than you're gaining, given the way LdT is being utilized.

This does very much depend on your scoring setup. For instance, I have Vick in my league, a heavy performance league scoring. We get big bonus for completion %, rush/receive avg. If Vick has a minimum 7 rushing attempts, he's eligible for big bonus, as he typically does get a big avg per carry. So, Vick is quite valueable in my league, but without that bonus, he's a chump.

Foster and Thomas Jones aren't horrible, but not good either. However, if Vick's only gonna get you passing points, then that is indeed horrible, and I think you're losing ground overall.

Given all that, LdT, Foster, and TJ would be very nice, and can cover for other weaknesses. Tough call, but I'd talk him out of more, feigning concern over Michael Turner. See how badly he really wants Peyton. Who are his QBs to get one back from him in addition to LdT?

Kneemeyer 10-10-2006 11:03 AM

Jake Delhomme is his QB. I thought about this route. My WR's are M. Harrison, P.Burress, blank...my third is skeptical week to week. If the trade went like this manning and d. foster for LT and m. muhammad from the bears. Then I have three great recievers. decent QB and LT...on paper that is pretty damn good.
...but i would lose manning to harrison....thats 12 points instantly everytime they connect....so tough.

CoMoChief 10-10-2006 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kneemeyer
Jake Delhomme is his QB. I thought about this route. My WR's are M. Harrison, P.Burress, blank...my third is skeptical week to week. If the trade went like this manning and d. foster for LT and m. muhammad from the bears. Then I have three great recievers. decent QB and LT...on paper that is pretty damn good.
...but i would lose manning to harrison....thats 12 points instantly everytime they connect....so tough.

Moosh isn't even the best WR in Chicago right now. If you can snatch Benard Berrian do it. He's been kicking ass lately.

chop 10-10-2006 11:21 AM

Tomlinson hasn't done much lately but he is definitely worth trading any QB away to get him. I just traded S. Jackson and C. Williams to get him. I already had R. Brown and J. Jones on my bench and I thought he would be an upgrade but so far he has disappointed me. I still think he is a top 3 rb. I hope he gets back on track for me though.

ct 10-10-2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kneemeyer

I already didn't like Manning for LdT straight up, now you're giving up Foster for Moose, which is a definite win for him. Moose is on his last legs, and Berrian is by far Grossman's favorite target.

Just my opinion, but I'd press for more or no deal. LdT will be sharing time with Turner indefinitely, that is not a short term trend. Yes he will still put up great #s most weeks, just don't get allured by the stud RB, and ignore the point to point values of the trade.

Some supporting #s (my league scoring remember)

Vick 29.2 pt/gm (take away approx. 8 pt/gm w/out our bonus)
Manning 28.2 pt/gm
Tomlinson 24.0 pt/gm
Foster 17.2 pt/gm (rookie out with ankle injury, value goin up)
Muhammad 14.2 pt/gm (Berrian 20.2 pt/gm by the way, Moose value goin down)

SBK 10-10-2006 12:15 PM

I'd probably pass.

Kneemeyer 10-10-2006 12:31 PM

Yeah this is what I was afraid of.....it's just Manning's bye week and he has been "struggling" on his terms. I can't help but think manning for a top 3 running back (who ever that may be) is going to HELP my team. Vick won't be a HUGE lost at QB, and a stud back is going to make the difference for my team. What running back is worth a trade like manning?

Mr. Laz 10-10-2006 01:05 PM

vick isn't reliable ..... beware having him as your key QB.

ct 10-10-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
vick isn't reliable ..... beware having him as your key QB.

true dat