ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Local internet radio? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236244)

MikeMaslowski 11-03-2010 01:27 AM

Local internet radio?

Hello all,

I have been having a hell of a time getting reception on my home and car radios. Feels like I can only get 5 or so stations with complete clarity. It has gotten so frustrating that I just downloaded the ESPN app and listen to that on my phone. This has got me thinking a bunch about internet radio and listenership.

So, a few questions if you feel like reading anymore. ;)

1. As a listener, would you tune into a SOLELY internet based(including phone streams) LOCAL station. The music station would be a genre of choice and have fewer commercials, unedited music and DJ's(at appropriate times/stations) and feature local events, news, weather, sports, advertisements, etc. The station would also sponsor concerts and give money back to the local community through charity work.

2. For all you business owners/marketing consultants. Would you advertise on these non FM/AM stations? The benefits for the advertiser would be live event remotes at your business, thousands of commercial plays and dj mentions per month, weather, news or sports sponsorships and silent ads repeating on the media player. This would be either in the internet window or on the Iphone, blackberry, droid, soon to be internet TV, etc.

Thank you for taking time to read this and I really appreciate your honest responses.

Have another beer on me. :thumb:

Maz

Los Pollos Hermanos 11-03-2010 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 7141515)
1. As a listener, would you tune into a SOLELY internet based(including phone streams) LOCAL station. The music station would be a genre of choice and have fewer commercials, unedited music and DJ's(at appropriate times/stations) and feature local events, news, weather, sports, advertisements, etc. The station would also sponsor concerts and give money back to the local community through charity work.

I listen to Pandora for music over satellite radio because I would rather hear an occasional commercial then listen to a DJ chime in from time to time. I hate DJs.

Championship 11-03-2010 04:59 AM

Aww, Chief fans know how to use the internet.

How cute.

Reerun_KC 11-03-2010 07:03 AM

I have the 610 and 810 apps on the iphone and Sirius...

I never hardly ever listen to local FM radio anymore...

MikeMaslowski 11-03-2010 07:04 PM

Anyone else? Anybody currently deal with online advertising? Or even normal radio advertising?

ChiefsCountry 11-03-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 7143600)
Anyone else? Anybody currently deal with online advertising? Or even normal radio advertising?

What about normal radio advertising do you want to know?

|Zach| 11-03-2010 07:21 PM

You have to measure it to manage it. Depends on what kind of metrics you could get from broadcasting it. Development of a custom application across all of those channels wouldn't be cheap.

I think it would be incredibly challenging to make money at this. There are simply too many entertainment options across the board.

BigRedChief 11-03-2010 07:29 PM

If you got an IPhone, I use the ooTunes app to listen to KC radio and the pre and post game shows.

Marcellus 11-03-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7143664)
If you got an IPhone, I use the ooTunes app to listen to KC radio and the pre and post game shows.

x2.