Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 09:20 PM  
Buck Buck is offline
Take a Chill Pill
 
Buck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $771
Stop Eating Sugar

Added sugar in particular. Most fruit is okay.

Please watch this.



Posts: 42,094
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #451
Silock Silock is offline
MVP
 
Silock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $6885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I was talking about me. Why else would someone take daily blood sugar measurements (serious question)? I thought that was implied, but certainly could be wrong.
I dunno. I've done it before and I'm not diabetic /shrug
Posts: 17,320
Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #452
Silock Silock is offline
MVP
 
Silock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $6885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
now you're just be silly

of course you don't have to eat but sugar spikes cause cravings which are very difficult to resist and overrides the bodies natural 'i'm full' signal.

a lot of these people who are obese probably wouldn't have that problem without the cravings that simple sugars cause.
I'm being silly because I'm suggesting people have self-control? Okay.
Posts: 17,320
Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #453
Mr. Laz Mr. Laz is offline
Don't Tease Me
 
Mr. Laz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: KS
Casino cash: $8565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
I'm being silly because I'm suggesting people have self-control? Okay.
so first you say that the simple sugar DOESN'T work different

now you're saying that it might work different but people just need to 'get over it'

simple sugar is bad for everyone except studs like Silock

is that better?



Posts: 82,243
Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #454
BigMeatballDave BigMeatballDave is offline
That's a spicy meatball!
 
BigMeatballDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $7885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
now you're just be silly

of course you don't have to eat but sugar spikes cause cravings which are very difficult to resist and overrides the bodies natural 'i'm full' signal.

a lot of these people who are obese probably wouldn't have that problem without the cravings that simple sugars cause.
Wow. Lets just ban sugar then.
Posts: 51,016
BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #455
Silock Silock is offline
MVP
 
Silock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $6885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
so first you say that the simple sugar DOESN'T work different
I'm saying its effect on whether or not you are fat is exactly the same from a calorie standpoint. 3000 calories of simple sugars will make you just as fat as 3000 calories of complex sugars.

Quote:
now you're saying that it might work different but people just need to 'get over it'
I didn't say it was easy.

Put it this way: Cardiovascular exercises stimulates an appetite response. It makes you hungry. So, if you're on a diet, should you avoid cardio simply because it makes you hungry? It might even make you hungry enough to eat exactly the amount of calories (or more) that you burned through exercise. The key is self-control. It always is.
Posts: 17,320
Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #456
Guru Guru is offline
Win a playoff game will ya!!!!
 
Guru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Middle of the USA
Casino cash: $6915
VARSITY
One of the biggest changes I made was to stop drinking my calories. I pretty much only drink water now except on those rare beer occasions that pop up a few times a year.
Posts: 53,276
Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #457
Mr. Laz Mr. Laz is offline
Don't Tease Me
 
Mr. Laz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: KS
Casino cash: $8565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Wow. Lets just ban sugar then.
nobody said that, you gigantic douche.

but simple sugar is bad for you ... period.

all the people trying to twist it or make excuses are just full of shit
Posts: 82,243
Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #458
Fried Meat Ball! Fried Meat Ball! is offline
Cast Iron Jedi
 
Fried Meat Ball!'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $7187
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
One of the biggest changes I made was to stop drinking my calories. I pretty much only drink water now except on those rare beer occasions that pop up a few times a year.
I cut back to one can of diet soda a couple weeks ago, and then about a week ago I went diet soda free.

I've switched to iced tea, with about a half-teaspoon of Splenda. I'm trying to wean myself off the Splenda though, to just plain unsweetened iced tea.
Posts: 23,261
Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #459
Mr. Laz Mr. Laz is offline
Don't Tease Me
 
Mr. Laz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: KS
Casino cash: $8565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I cut back to one can of diet soda a couple weeks ago, and then about a week ago I went diet soda free.

I've switched to iced tea, with about a half-teaspoon of Splenda. I'm trying to wean myself off the Splenda though, to just plain unsweetened iced tea.
good for you
Posts: 82,243
Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #460
Fried Meat Ball! Fried Meat Ball! is offline
Cast Iron Jedi
 
Fried Meat Ball!'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $7187
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
good for you
My next step, I think, is iced tea before noon, iced water after. Still mulling on that one.
Posts: 23,261
Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #461
Silock Silock is offline
MVP
 
Silock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $6885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
nobody said that, you gigantic douche.

but simple sugar is bad for you ... period.

all the people trying to twist it or make excuses are just full of shit
True or false: Complex sugars are absorbed into the body as simple sugars.

You guys focus way too much on body chemistry and what foods are good and bad and blah blah blah.

I have single digit body fat and it's not because I'm just awesome. It's not because I exercises a lot. It's because I have self-control. Yes, I eat whatever I want, including *gasp* simply sugars *I'MGONNADIE*. The key is that I don't eat as much as I possibly can of them.

I control for caloric intake. I'm not fat because I don't eat more than I burn. If I did, I'd be fat, and how much exercise I do wouldn't matter. If I burn 3000 calories and eat 5000, I'm getting fat.

All this focus on good and bad foods is taking away from the fact that people just need to stop eating so much goddamn food. That's why people are fat. It's not because of sugar making you store fat (which you all should realize CAN be burned off... it's not permanent).

Guess what? I'm hungry right the **** now. I've been hungry for hours. Ice cream sounds amazing. Juice sounds amazing. But what am I not doing? Ingesting that. Why? Because I have self-control. I might eat some later, but if I do, you can be sure as shit that I won't eat more than my daily caloric allowance lets me.
Posts: 17,320
Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Silock is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #462
DaKCMan AP DaKCMan AP is offline
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity
 
DaKCMan AP's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $5980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
True or false: Complex sugars are absorbed into the body as simple sugars.

You guys focus way too much on body chemistry and what foods are good and bad and blah blah blah.

I have single digit body fat and it's not because I'm just awesome. It's not because I exercises a lot. It's because I have self-control. Yes, I eat whatever I want, including *gasp* simply sugars *I'MGONNADIE*. The key is that I don't eat as much as I possibly can of them.

I control for caloric intake. I'm not fat because I don't eat more than I burn. If I did, I'd be fat, and how much exercise I do wouldn't matter. If I burn 3000 calories and eat 5000, I'm getting fat.

All this focus on good and bad foods is taking away from the fact that people just need to stop eating so much goddamn food. That's why people are fat. It's not because of sugar making you store fat (which you all should realize CAN be burned off... it's not permanent).

Guess what? I'm hungry right the **** now. I've been hungry for hours. Ice cream sounds amazing. Juice sounds amazing. But what am I not doing? Ingesting that. Why? Because I have self-control. I might eat some later, but if I do, you can be sure as shit that I won't eat more than my daily caloric allowance lets me.
Many are focusing too much on body weight. Not being fat doesn't equal healthy. Being skinny doesn't equal healthy. Hell, there are professional athletes who go on to have heart attacks at (relatively) young ages. What you put into your body matters and arguments otherwise are, IMO, asinine. Not saying anything bad will kill you, moderation is key.
__________________
Posts: 33,679
DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #463
Fried Meat Ball! Fried Meat Ball! is offline
Cast Iron Jedi
 
Fried Meat Ball!'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $7187
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
Many are focusing too much on body weight. Not being fat doesn't equal healthy. Being skinny doesn't equal healthy. Hell, there are professional athletes who go on to have heart attacks at (relatively) young ages. What you put into your body matters and arguments otherwise are, IMO, asinine. Not saying anything bad will kill you, moderation is key.
You cannot ingest iocane powder. It is odorless, tasteless, and dissolves instantly in liquid.

It will kill you, even a little.
Posts: 23,261
Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #464
DaKCMan AP DaKCMan AP is offline
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity
 
DaKCMan AP's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $5980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
You cannot ingest iocane powder. It is odorless, tasteless, and dissolves instantly in liquid.

It will kill you, even a little.
Ok?
__________________
Posts: 33,679
DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #465
Simply Red Simply Red is offline
SNR's battery back-up
 
Simply Red's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SO SO DEF HQ's
Casino cash: $11845
VARSITY
I don't care what you all do. Cut open your forehead and pour simple-syrup down it, it doesn't matter. I had a candy addiction, I've come forward, and it's been addressed. I'll continue to eat bread and use shampoo (even) with gluten and sugar added, but i'm shying away from the candy. It's a new me and it's glorious.
__________________
To a kid lookin' up to me - Life aint nothin' but bitches n money!
Posts: 41,300
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:50 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.