|02-20-2013, 12:59 PM|
Black for Palestine
Join Date: Oct 2006
Casino cash: $23849
My original mock posting has been shredded. So instead of paragraphs, this one will come with just one- or two-sentence explanations.
Here are some assumptions, which I'm basing 100% on the rumors we've heard all offseason.
1. The Chiefs resign Bowe and Colquitt, and let Dorsey walk.
2. The Chiefs decide Albert is not a top five LT. He is not resigned.
3. Quinn and Hillis are out. Cassel and Jackson stay, but at reduced salary.
4. The team trades its 3rd to the Eagles for Nick Foles and declare him the man going forward. (UPDATE: It has been pointed out to me that I left the 3rd round pick in this mock anyway. So... the Eagles must have given us Foles for free. How realistic!)
5. The Chiefs land DE/DT Chris Canty.
6. They get two compensatory picks, an extra third (Carr) and a 6th (Richardson).
Here are the picks:
1. OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
The gist: no other pick makes as much sense, and Joeckel is the best player in the draft.
2. WR Terrance Williams, Baylor
The gist: with Breaston gone and Baldwin stalling, Williams will beef up the WR position.
3. CB Darius Slay, Mississippi State
The gist: best CB with a pre-Combine 3rd round grade on my board, lots of experience in man to man, rangey guy, perfect for possession WRs.
3. OLB Brandon Jenkins, Florida State
The gist: trust your trainers, if Jenkins comes back at full power you've got three dynamic passrushers.
4. ILB Kevin Reddick, North Carolina
The gist: I think he's going to tumble a bit in the draft, if so he's a Day One starter next to DJ.
5. ILB A.J. Klein, Iowa State
The gist: infuse some much-needed depth into our linebacking corps. I think Klein has the ability to play both ILB positions.
6. RB Cierre Wood, Notre Dame
The gist: always bring in fresh meat for the stable, combine with Gray/Droughn behind Charles.
6. FS Shawn Williams, Georgia
The gist: he's going to need a huge Combine because he's an underwhelming presence on the field, but with great physical ability. Put his locker next to Berry's.
7. OG J.C. Tretter, Cornell
The gist: initially brought into Cornell as a 240 lbs. TE, is now a really athletic 300 lbs. guard, this is what you have late round picks for.
Last edited by Direckshun; 02-20-2013 at 01:49 PM..
|02-21-2013, 04:57 AM||#16|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Casino cash: $7225
.....if that is our QB lineup
Geno or bust
|02-21-2013, 06:47 AM||#17|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Casino cash: $13370