Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 03:56 PM  
shitgoose shitgoose is online now
Veteran
 
shitgoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: WHITCHITA
Casino cash: $38039
Any flooring experts out there?

Having a hard time trying to figure out what kind of flooring to go with. I want something durable that doesn't scratch easily and is affordable given I need about 1200-1300 sqft. Been looking at engineered, bamboo, laminate, etc.

Looking at the click together stuff to keep it simple.

Found some engineered floor at Menards for a good price but I haven't been able to find any reviews for their stuff online. Anyone here ever purchase flooring from Menards? Here is a link to the stuff I was looking at http://www.menards.com/main/p-1724753-c-12448.htm
Posts: 1,188
shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Saul Good Saul Good is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $184000
Bamboo scratches easier than advertised. It looks awesome, and the scratches don't turn white and look bad like some other woods, but it scratches.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,539
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
DonkyPuncher DonkyPuncher is offline
Starter
 
DonkyPuncher's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Casino cash: $9249
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitgoose View Post
Having a hard time trying to figure out what kind of flooring to go with. I want something durable that doesn't scratch easily and is affordable given I need about 1200-1300 sqft. Been looking at engineered, bamboo, laminate, etc.

Looking at the click together stuff to keep it simple.

Found some engineered floor at Menards for a good price but I haven't been able to find any reviews for their stuff online. Anyone here ever purchase flooring from Menards? Here is a link to the stuff I was looking at http://www.menards.com/main/p-1724753-c-12448.htm
Def go with some kind of middle priced laminate, stuff is awesome, easy to install, clean and doesn't scratch at all, I have a large dog that runs,rolls and walks around on the floor all the time still looks new after a year!!
Posts: 287
DonkyPuncher is not part of the Right 53.DonkyPuncher is not part of the Right 53.DonkyPuncher is not part of the Right 53.DonkyPuncher is not part of the Right 53.DonkyPuncher is not part of the Right 53.DonkyPuncher is not part of the Right 53.DonkyPuncher is not part of the Right 53.DonkyPuncher is not part of the Right 53.DonkyPuncher is not part of the Right 53.DonkyPuncher is not part of the Right 53.DonkyPuncher is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
shitgoose shitgoose is online now
Veteran
 
shitgoose's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: WHITCHITA
Casino cash: $38039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
Bamboo scratches easier than advertised. It looks awesome, and the scratches don't turn white and look bad like some other woods, but it scratches.
That's what I have heard. Love the look of it though.
__________________

Posts: 1,188
shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.shitgoose is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Scorp Scorp is offline
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot OVER!
 
Scorp's Avatar
 
Skee Ball Champion
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hell
Casino cash: $12201
We just put this down in our kitchen and we love it. It looks like real wood and was very easy to put down as it locks together.

http://www.menards.com/main/flooring...72-c-12442.htm
__________________
Posts: 3,944
Scorp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliScorp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliScorp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliScorp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliScorp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliScorp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliScorp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliScorp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliScorp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliScorp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliScorp 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
Saul Good Saul Good is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $184000
The other problem with bamboo is that you can't float it. You have to either under nail it or use liquid rubber. I put mine in with the liquid rubber which is really messy and really expensive. I would suggest a nailer.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,539
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
Ceej Ceej is offline
BOOM!1!
 
Ceej's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $62887
I would go with laminates 8mm or thicker. Eight MM and thicker are a lot easier to work with and install.

Also, it depends on what bamboo you go with. Most bamboos are the same hardness as red oak. Anything that is "stranded" is over 100% harder than oak.

I don't want to disclose any information because of who I work for, but I would be glad to offer any more insight or suggestions.
Posts: 15,482
Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #8
Ceej Ceej is offline
BOOM!1!
 
Ceej's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $62887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
The other problem with bamboo is that you can't float it. You have to either under nail it or use liquid rubber. I put mine in with the liquid rubber which is really messy and really expensive. I would suggest a nailer.
Incorrect. There is a company which sells solid, free floating bamboo. The benefit of having a solid wood floor (durability, structure and potential refinishing) but it free floats.

Again, I don't want to come off as spamming, but I feel the need to be informative.

Mr. Shitgoose, if you have any more questions for me you can PM if you'd like.
Posts: 15,482
Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.