Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 11:21 AM  
RINGLEADER RINGLEADER is offline
RING****ER
 
RINGLEADER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Confusion, USA
Casino cash: $6220
Chiefs v Seahawks First Half: Analyzing the Offense (Cassel Isn't the Only Problem)

I re-watched the NFL Network replay of the Chiefs/Seahawks game and noticed a few things:

- Cassel was truly bad on 4 throws.
- Cassel was marginally bad on 2 throws that could (should) have been caught but were dropped.
- Receivers flat out dropped 4 other passes.
- Asamoah completely whiffed or was pushed aside on 5 plays. Two of these were on the opening drive.

Asamoah and Lilja were definitely weak links on the line in this game, accounting for 7 missed assignments that blew up plays in the first half (more than 20% of the offensive snaps). Brandon Alberts was responsible for 2 missed assignments, but in both cases Cassel scambled from the pressure on his side.

Not making excuses for Cassel, but Asamoah's performance was more concerning. He was getting shoved around pretty easily by the Seahawks.
Posts: 23,142
RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
SNR SNR is online now
Simply Red's backup vocalist
 
SNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $9387
Who's Brandon Alberts?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
I would read an entire blog of SNR breaking down athletes' musical capabilities like draft scouting reports.
Posts: 55,875
SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
RINGLEADER RINGLEADER is offline
RING****ER
 
RINGLEADER's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Confusion, USA
Casino cash: $6220
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
Who's Brandon Alberts?
Using strike on an "s" doesn't really have the desired effect...
Posts: 23,142
RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
SNR SNR is online now
Simply Red's backup vocalist
 
SNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $9387
Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
Using strike on an "s" doesn't really have the desired effect...
Ahhhhhhh ahh ahhhhhh

Now I see
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
I would read an entire blog of SNR breaking down athletes' musical capabilities like draft scouting reports.
Posts: 55,875
SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
Molitoth Molitoth is offline
Chiefs Rubberneck
 
Molitoth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Casino cash: $6325
I'm far from sold on Cassel, in fact I despise his play.... but I do admit Cassel wasn't the only one at fault. Too many dropped passes by the receivers, and just flat out great CB play by the Hawks on a couple of those passes.

I also really think the chiefs players were so flustered with the shitty job by the refs that they didn't really care anymore. Tamba Hali has got to be the most shit on player by the refs in the history of football. He draws a holding flag for maybe 1 out of every 10 plays he is held.
Posts: 11,305
Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
Luke Warm Luke Warm is offline
-Bicho Grande-
 
Luke Warm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
Tamba Hali has got to be the most shit on player by the refs in the history of football. He draws a holding flag for maybe 1 out of every 10 plays he is held.
I'm saying!!
Posts: 729
Luke Warm < CasselLuke Warm < CasselLuke Warm < CasselLuke Warm < CasselLuke Warm < CasselLuke Warm < CasselLuke Warm < CasselLuke Warm < CasselLuke Warm < CasselLuke Warm < CasselLuke Warm < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #7
Marcellus Marcellus is online now
Save Chief's Planet
 
Marcellus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In denial.
Casino cash: $8053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
I'm far from sold on Cassel, in fact I despise his play.... but I do admit Cassel wasn't the only one at fault. Too many dropped passes by the receivers, and just flat out great CB play by the Hawks on a couple of those passes.

I also really think the chiefs players were so flustered with the shitty job by the refs that they didn't really care anymore. Tamba Hali has got to be the most shit on player by the refs in the history of football. He draws a holding flag for maybe 1 out of every 10 plays he is held.
The one play he even managed to get a roughing the passer penalty after getting a choke hold put on him. Pretty crazy.
Posts: 20,275
Marcellus has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Marcellus has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Marcellus has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Marcellus has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Marcellus has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Marcellus has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Marcellus has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Marcellus has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Marcellus has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Marcellus has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Marcellus has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
Tuckdaddy Tuckdaddy is offline
from the southside
 
Tuckdaddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: cabot Arkansas
Casino cash: $6598
We are a running team and one of the reasons is we have Matt C but the other one is the fact that our two starting Wr's are not burners. They are big and physical but they will not get separation easily. They must run great routes and use play action plays to get open. How many times has Baldwin been thrown a pass and he was actually not wiothout a DB up his ass? Not yet.

This is why Dex is getting all the dink and dunk catches. Matt stinks but we need to get the scouts from the Cowboys to pick us out a WR . They seem to have them all over the place.
__________________
ALEX SMITH FOREVER!
Posts: 6,173
Tuckdaddy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Tuckdaddy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Tuckdaddy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Tuckdaddy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Tuckdaddy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Tuckdaddy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Tuckdaddy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Tuckdaddy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Tuckdaddy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Tuckdaddy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Tuckdaddy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #9
SNR SNR is online now
Simply Red's backup vocalist
 
SNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $9387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy View Post
We are a running team and one of the reasons is we have Matt C but the other one is the fact that our two starting Wr's are not burners. They are big and physical but they will not get separation easily. They must run great routes and use play action plays to get open. How many times has Baldwin been thrown a pass and he was actually not wiothout a DB up his ass? Not yet.

This is why Dex is getting all the dink and dunk catches. Matt stinks but we need to get the scouts from the Cowboys to pick us out a WR . They seem to have them all over the place.
Pick us out a WR and then... let Bowe go?

****. That.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
I would read an entire blog of SNR breaking down athletes' musical capabilities like draft scouting reports.
Posts: 55,875
SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.