PDA

View Full Version : Teams are really going after McLeon

CrazyHorse
10-08-2004, 10:40 AM
I hadn't seen this posted yet. I was wondering if anyone else noticed how one sided the passing attack has been on our defense? It seems that most completed pass plays can be blamed on McLeon.

Warfield has been a consistent surprize so far. As of last week has was leading the league in INTs. I have also seen a lot of passes defensed on his side.

I think it's the best we have seen out of Warfield.

Just thought it was notable.

jspchief
10-08-2004, 10:49 AM
I think it's the combination of Warfield playing well, and McCleon playing so poorly. It's become evident that a tall WR has a big advantage on McCleon, more so with the emphasis on pass interference. I expect teams to be picking on him all year.

Phobia
10-08-2004, 10:50 AM
"McLeon"

Is that an intentional dig or do you really not know how to spell his name?

Mr. Laz
10-08-2004, 10:53 AM
yea, i really expected a better performance from McCleon

he seems to have good form etc ... he just doesn't seem to have the speed to keep up with some receivers anymore.

he prolly needs to be our nickleback so we can control who he goes up against more.

InChiefsHeaven
10-08-2004, 10:56 AM
"McLeon"

Is that an intentional dig or do you really not know how to spell his name?

ROFL I didn't even notice that...

...I can just see Dexter now, telling Gun that he would do much better for the team by just sitting on the bench with a look of pain and anguish for the cameras...

...that's powerful stuff, it is...

Chiefnj
10-08-2004, 10:58 AM
I can't really tell from tv and haven't paid all that much attention, but do the Chiefs put Warfield against the opposing teams best receiver and have him shadow the guy, or do they split the field and whoever happens to be on that side Warfield gets.

chop
10-08-2004, 11:03 AM
I know alot of you don't like Bartee that much but I'll be glad when he returns. He was playing pretty good before he got hurt.

gblowfish
10-08-2004, 11:10 AM
I've got friends in St. Louis (I know...forgive me) who used to watch McCleon with the Lambs. They called him "Oh Dexter" because he got torched all the time, and all you could say was "Oh...Dexter..."

"Toasty" Warfield has played much better so far, but he has a history of back trouble, and it'll be interesting to see if he can get thru a whole year healthy (Kind of like Mike Sweeney).

"Crispy" Bartee is just plain awful, no matter how you slice it.

Throw in "Oh Dexter" and Julian "Five Yards & a 1st Down" Battle, and it's a pretty ugly bunch of corners. I'm OK with Woods and Wesley. Man, what I'd give to have Ross, Lewis, Carter (without the handgun) or Hasty in their prime right about now.

ChiTown
10-08-2004, 11:11 AM
I've got friends in St. Louis (I know...forgive me) who used to watch McCleon with the Lambs. They called him "Oh Dexter" because he got torched all the time, and all you could say was "Oh...Dexter..."

"Toasty" Warfield has played much better so far, but he has a history of back trouble, and it'll be interesting to see if he can get thru a whole year healthy (Kind of like Mike Sweeney).

"Crispy" Bartee is just plain awful, no matter how you slice it.

Throw in "Oh Dexter" and Julian "Five Yards & a 1st Down" Battle, and it's a pretty ugly bunch of corners. I'm OK with Woods and Wesley. Man, what I'd give to have Ross, Lewis, Carter (without the handgun) or Hasty in their prime right about now.

Toasty Warfield? Where you gettin' that. Dude has been rock solid the last 2 years.

InChiefsHeaven
10-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Toasty Warfield? Where you gettin' that. Dude has been rock solid the last 2 years.
THat he has. I think that people got so used to slamming on the guy, they totally missed out on his obvious improvement.

Warfield is the LEAST of our defensive worries by far. In fact, over the last 2 years, he has been the best thing we've had going on D by far...

beer bacon
10-08-2004, 11:54 AM
I am glass is half full kind of guy. It is not because McCleon is playing especially bad, it is because Warfield is shutting down his receiver and catching anything that comes his way.

ChiTown
10-08-2004, 11:57 AM
I am glass is half full kind of guy. It is not because McCleon is playing especially bad, it is because Warfield is shutting down his receiver and catching anything that comes his way.

It's because Warfield is playing really well and McCleon sucks. It's really that simple....

KHinz57
10-08-2004, 12:00 PM
I've seen quite enough of the over-paid Dexter McCleon, I hate to say it, I really do, but it's William Bartee time!

beer bacon
10-08-2004, 12:01 PM
It's because Warfield is playing really well and McCleon sucks. It's really that simple....

I am a glass is half full kind of guy.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2004, 12:04 PM
:harumph:

he has been "passable" the last 2 years

its amazing how far the expectations for cornerbacks around KC have fallen.

ChiTown
10-08-2004, 12:10 PM
:harumph:

he has been "passable" the last 2 years

its amazing how far the expectations for cornerbacks around KC have fallen.

Passable? WTF does that mean?

Warfield has played solid, if not spectacular, the last 2 years - especially given the horshite pass rush we have generated during that stretch.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Dexter was Mr. Interception for KC anyway, I'm buying into the shoulder injury thing...helps keep the zantac knockoff at bay

Mr. Laz
10-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Warfield has played solid, if not spectacular.
solid i can accept ...

spectacular, not even close

as for the constant excuse about the pass rush... no pass rush is going to stop a the quick passes that warfield can't seem to cover

maybe it was his back problems last year??? but his performance still wasn't anywhere close to spectacular or even very good.

if he continues to make plays this year than maybe, just maybe he will start passing for a #1 cornerback.

Frankie
10-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Teams are really going after McLeon

Are they willing to give us at least a 3rd rounder for him? :shrug:

kc rush
10-08-2004, 01:12 PM
It seems like McCleon is falling down a lot.

I can't remember which game it was, but I kept seeing him fall down as he was trying to run with the opposing receiver. I thought that he may need to adjust his spikes.

el borracho
10-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Exactly what I was going to post. Warfield is playing with conviction (like that play on words?) while McCleon is looking old and slow this year.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2004, 01:53 PM
IM sorry guys..but Woods sucks too......hes nevre really been all that great either.....he cant cover and cant tackle all that well either....that great catch that Andre Johnson made a few weeks ago never should have happened if Woods wouldnt have completely missed the hit on him.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2004, 02:04 PM
IM sorry guys..but Woods sucks too......hes nevre really been all that great either.....he cant cover and cant tackle all that well either....that great catch that Andre Johnson made a few weeks ago never should have happened if Woods wouldnt have completely missed the hit on him.

Woods held up because he thought Warfield was going to pick it off.

No one complained about Woods when he was playing on great defenses in the 90s.

Brock
10-08-2004, 02:08 PM

Maybe that's because he was 7 or 8 years younger at that point. The guy is clearly past his prime. He hasn't laid a lick in I don't know how long.

the Talking Can
10-08-2004, 02:35 PM

he didn't hold...the replay clearly showed him lowering his head and shoulders for a big hit....and missing completely

Hammock Parties
10-08-2004, 02:41 PM
he didn't hold...the replay clearly showed him lowering his head and shoulders for a big hit....and missing completely

I'm just telling you what Woods told the media after the game.

Woods is also not past his prime. He's only 31.

whoman69
10-08-2004, 04:24 PM
Too small for the scheme and has lost a step. Battle is obviously not ready and not sure he'll ever be.

Fairplay
10-08-2004, 04:27 PM
I'm OK with Woods and Wesley. Man, what I'd give to have Ross, Lewis, Carter (without the handgun) or Hasty in their prime right about now.

Amen to that brother.

milkman
10-09-2004, 10:18 PM
as for the constant excuse about the pass rush... no pass rush is going to stop a the quick passes that warfield can't seem to cover

Uh......Spinner had him lining up 10 yards off the line.
No one can cover those quick passes when put in that position.

He's playing more solid because Gun's scheme utilizes his physicality, allowing him to line up in the receiver's face, at least on most plays.

2bikemike
10-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Too small for the scheme and has lost a step. Battle is obviously not ready and not sure he'll ever be.

Yeah what the hell is up with Battle. A guy who is supposed to be talented and athletic but just doesn't seem to have the heart and desire.

MadMax
10-10-2004, 01:25 AM
I hadn't seen this posted yet. I was wondering if anyone else noticed how one sided the passing attack has been on our defense? It seems that most completed pass plays can be blamed on McLeon.

Warfield has been a consistent surprize so far. As of last week has was leading the league in INTs. I have also seen a lot of passes defensed on his side.

I think it's the best we have seen out of Warfield.

Just thought it was notable.

Gotta give Warfield credit, he has sure stepped up his game so far this year. I believe age has caught up with poor Dexter. If I saw Eric today I would buy him a drink, err maybe not a good idea, I'd buy him a drink AND give him a ride home ;-) :thumb:

MadMax
10-10-2004, 01:29 AM
solid i can accept ...

spectacular, not even close

maybe it was his back problems last year??? but his performance still wasn't anywhere close to spectacular or even very good.

if he continues to make plays this year than maybe, just maybe he will start passing for a #1 cornerback.

Lord knows Carl paid him like one. ;)

royr17
10-10-2004, 02:12 AM
Off topic here but does anybody have any clue how tall and how much Dan Saleaumua was ?

See im editing the 90's chiefs team so that dad can have a chance to beat me in the only guy left is 6'0" and only 285 lbs and i know he has to be bigger than that.

Any help would work. Thanks. :thumb: