PDA

View Full Version : I'm STILL Predicting 10-6. Maybe 11-5...

Mr. Kotter
10-18-2004, 02:55 PM
You know, like the most of you, I'm pretty sick and tired of Carl Peterson and the inept drafting this organization seems to do nearly every year. I'm also pretty sick of the lousy tackling, lack of discipline, and poor play-calling that seems to have destroyed our dreams for this season. However, I can't help but look at our remaining schedule and think IF we fix three or four things, we still have a crack, at least, of making the playoffs--possibly of even over-taking Denver.

The six remaining games at Arrowhead are definitely winnable--though a loss to Indy, NE, or Denver would not be a surprise. We just can't lose more than one of those games. That is doable.

That leaves us needing to win four of our remaining 5 road games-- a tough chore to be sure, but quite possible. While Tampa, New Orleans, Oakland, and Tennessee are no push-overs, we SHOULD be able to win three of those games.

Which means, heading into the January 2nd game against Marty at San Diego, we could be 9-6......poised for a playoff game, IF we win.

It's JMHO, but I can still see a light at the end of the tunnel....I just hope it ain't the 5-11 train headed our way! :banghead:

What needs to happen?
1. O-Line better figure it out, and NOW!
2. Better game-planning: play-calling of Saunders has cost us two games...Houston and Jacksonville. 50/50 balance (or close), USE Priest...especially in the first half.
3. Replace McCleon unless he is CLEARLY the best we can get...trading deadline is tomorrow. Otherwise, FIND somebody on the roster to throw in the fire.
4. Pray that our LB corp stays healthy; start givin' Fox some snaps to see what he's got....though Beisel has performed admirably, Mitchell's time may be now.

Note: If any of those four fail to happen, I'd say we are screwed. :banghead:

Hammock Parties
10-18-2004, 03:01 PM
I think we will win 5 of our 6 home games, with a loss to Indy.

And sorry, but this team's offense sucks on the road. Especially against good teams.

We'll beat Tampa and Tennessee. New Orleans will destroy us with their offense. We probably split the AFC West games.

8-8....just enough to get the butts in the seats and King Carl another year...oh and a crappy draft pick.

KC Dan
10-18-2004, 03:02 PM
SDChiefsfan - PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!!! STEP AWAY SLOWLY!!!

Carry on....

Saulbadguy
10-18-2004, 03:03 PM
Every game looks win-able.....every game we've played in has been win-able...if we can stop making bonehead mistakes, we will succeed.

David.
10-18-2004, 03:04 PM
yeah, we just need to get our shit together. That being said, I'm not going to expect ANY win. I don't want to be dissappointed like I was yesterday.

Mr. Kotter
10-18-2004, 03:05 PM
SDChiefsfan - PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!!! STEP AWAY SLOWLY!!!

Carry on....

I know.....I know....I've just got this feeling they'll turn it around. It's too bad it may be too late though. :cuss:

Of course that feeling might be just gas... :p

ChiefsCountry
10-18-2004, 03:11 PM
We should have won all of our games. Its just stupid plays and stupid decisions that is costing us. I think we can get in the playoffs, schedule isn't as hard as every body thinks it is.

ROYC75
10-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Turn it around ?
The only way this team makes the playoffs is if it wins out. That would be the ticket, anything less 10-6,9-7 means we lose the tie breakers against Jax. or Houston, prolonging they are around that.We have Tenn. who can still get goofy and win out, but like the Chiefs, I see them with many problems as well..........

Denver has a 3 game lead on us, barring a major fallout, the division is in there hands.

Again, anything less than winning out is probally a waste of time.

Chances of that happening are slim......very , very slim.

MOhillbilly
10-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Quit bogarting the good shit and pass it on.

2bikemike
10-18-2004, 03:21 PM
I am not so sure that Atlanta and Indy are winnable. The Chiefs always struggle with mobile QB's and I fear Vick is going to tear us up.

I watched the San Diego game yesterday and Vick came alive in the second half.

ChiefsCountry
10-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Vick is overrated. The Chiefs need to win bad at Arrowhead.

Mile High Mania
10-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Yeah, but .... wow.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2004, 03:28 PM
The good news is that Vick is left handed. Hicks has done a better job rushing the passer this year than Holliday. Hicks is on Vick's blindside.

Fujita's been getting some rush this year too....he too will be coming from the blindside.

Mr. Kotter
10-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Yeah, but .... wow.

Wow is right; but we did win 9 in a row last year....AND our Defense IS better. :hmmm:

David.
10-18-2004, 03:29 PM
vick sucks

Hammock Parties
10-18-2004, 03:37 PM
vick sucks

Vick's pretty damn good.

Mile High Mania
10-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Wow is right; but we did win 9 in a row last year....AND our Defense IS better. :hmmm:

Anything is possible... and while KC did win 9 in a row... they have lost 8 of their last 13. (not including playoffs)

Chief Roundup
10-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Can I have some of what you are smoking

Chan93lx50
10-18-2004, 05:05 PM
Wow, SDChiefsfan meet me at arrowhead on Monday night football against the Pats. I will give you $20.00 for that dime bag of stuff you are smoking.

I will need it to watch that game anyway!

Demonpenz
10-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Like i have said all along, jumping up and down, 8-8 for this team

Mr. Kotter
10-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Wow, SDChiefsfan meet me at arrowhead on Monday night football against the Pats. I will give you $20.00 for that dime bag of stuff you are smoking.

I will need it to watch that game anyway!

A beer will have to suffice; I'll bring one to B5 for you...but NOT for the NE game; I won't be there.

MGRS13
10-18-2004, 05:58 PM
YOUR FU KING STONED!!!!!!

which is understandable being a chiefs fan and all....we all have to deal with this shitty team one way or another.

Bwana
10-18-2004, 06:21 PM
I wish, but it's not going to happen.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2004, 06:22 PM
I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here.

http://img69.exs.cx/img69/5914/9309.jpg

But we are.

It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered.

http://images.nfl.com/photos/features/img6516449.jpg

Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy?

http://img69.exs.cx/img69/3386/chiefs22.jpg

How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened?

http://img69.exs.cx/img69/8144/chiefs21.jpg

But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why.

http://img63.exs.cx/img63/6882/kc54yds.jpg

But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50726686.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=EBEF9528AFF8E1331D5C8685DBA5F6707757C85AE85A779B

They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

Red Dawg
10-18-2004, 08:00 PM
I also like to be optimistic but there is no way we make the playoffs.

Phobia
10-18-2004, 08:05 PM
I'm STILL Predicting that Catherine Zeta Jones and Courtney Cox will engage in menaj au trois with me.

Rausch
10-18-2004, 08:09 PM
Vick's pretty damn good.

If all you have in your playbook is RB option plays.

If he ever develops he'll be unstopable, but right now he's Randal Cunningham in his Early Eagle days...

Rausch
10-18-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm STILL Predicting that Catherine Zeta Jones and Courtney Cox will engage in menaj au trois with me.

In what might be an analogy for our season, Frazod has a better chance of accomplishing that than you do. Seriously...

Demonpenz
10-18-2004, 08:12 PM

Throw in a mid 70's blazer and you could easily pass for david arquette

Hammock Parties
10-18-2004, 08:21 PM
If all you have in your playbook is RB option plays.

If he ever develops he'll be unstopable, but right now he's Randal Cunningham in his Early Eagle days...

Did you see the throws he was making yesterday? I'll admit he's not the greatest passer yet but his feet are going to destroy us.

2bikemike
10-18-2004, 08:48 PM

Courtney Cox? I think you could do better in the imagination department!

Rausch
10-18-2004, 08:50 PM
Did you see the throws he was making yesterday? I'll admit he's not the greatest passer yet but his feet are going to destroy us.

We'll kill Atlanta.

The Colts, Dolts, Donks, and Pats worry me.

Rausch
10-18-2004, 08:52 PM
Courtney Cox? I think you could do better in the imagination department!

People just don't appreciate all the greatness that is anorexia...

2bikemike
10-18-2004, 08:56 PM
People just don't appreciate all the greatness that is anorexia...

Yeah Bony chicks just don't cut it for me.

Rausch
10-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Yeah Bony chicks just don't cut it for me.

...........Yup. Kinda' what I was getting at there...

2bikemike
10-18-2004, 09:04 PM
...........Yup. Kinda' what I was getting at there...

I just don't understand a guy that has a thing for Halle picking Courtney as partner in a menaj au trois .

Mr. Kotter
10-18-2004, 09:28 PM

Can I film it?

....and, well, if you aren't "up" to the task, a real man can step in....maybe Brian can hide in the closet. heh, heh. :rolleyes:

TEX
10-18-2004, 10:00 PM
No way this team finishes any better than 8-8. Most every move has been wrong. When that happens, you know it isn't going to be your year. :shake:

Logical
10-18-2004, 10:06 PM
I am sorry but we will be lucky to win 4 games at home this year now.

Lord Bestyle
10-18-2004, 10:10 PM
JBret, GoChiefs, or whoever you are...

I don't know what you did to piss everyone off, but that LOTR post was most excellent.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2004, 10:14 PM
JBret, GoChiefs, or whoever you are...

I don't know what you did to piss everyone off, but that LOTR post was most excellent.

It's my favorite LOTR passage from the movies...I keep it in my email inbox and read it all the time.

I'll never stop loving the Chiefs. Because one f*cking day it's going to be all worth it.

Phobia
10-18-2004, 11:01 PM
I just don't understand a guy that has a thing for Halle picking Courtney as partner in a menaj au trois .

I have a thing for a lot of women. Courtney is pretty fine - she was one of the first 2 names that popped into my head - not because she's one of my top 2 admired women, but because I'm really bad at names.

Hel'n
10-18-2004, 11:15 PM
Every game looks win-able.....every game we've played in has been win-able...if we can stop making bonehead mistakes, we will succeed.

Yeah... what he said... (speaking thru the bong slowly)

ChiefFripp
10-18-2004, 11:23 PM
10-6?

You craaazy!

San Diego is going to fug us up twice . I think we'll get our other 2 wins of the season against O-akland.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2004, 06:35 AM
10-6?

You craaazy!

San Diego is going to fug us up twice . I think we'll get our other 2 wins of the season against O-akland.

I guess I'm craaaazy then. :(

the Talking Can
10-19-2004, 06:38 AM
teams are 1-4 for a reason.....they suck

Rausch
10-19-2004, 06:38 AM
10-6?

You craaazy!

San Diego is going to fug us up twice .

No...

I think we'll get our other 2 wins of the season against O-akland.

I would expect.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2004, 06:51 AM
teams are 1-4 for a reason.....they suck

We could pretty easily be 3-2; so the line isn't nearly as "clear" or "neat" as you seem to be suggesting, IMO.

"Parity" means something; above all else, it means there isn't a great deal of difference between 1-4 and 3-2. Scheduling, luck, the "X-factor," and attitudes have some profound influence.

Gaz
10-19-2004, 06:58 AM
First, let me say that I admire your optimism. Given the current state of the Planet, it is refreshing to hear a positive viewpoint.

As to your points:
1. Yes, indeed. Welbourn stinks up a game. Then Roaf stinks up a game. Then the entire OL stinks up a game. Maybe it’s a virus?

2. Agreed. I have been confounded by some of the playcalling. More play action, please. Teams are keying on Holmes, both in the run and passing game. Use play action and get the ball to the receivers. Force The Enemy to play honest Defense and then bring back the swing pass to Holmes.

3. Sadly, McCleon is probably the best guy we have on the roster. It is surprising, since he was so good last season. Time takes its toll, does it not?

4. Beisel is a backup MLB at best. Mitchell has the athletic ability that Beisel lacks, but does he have the brain?

Points #1 & #2 are fixable in the short term.

Point #3 is not. Now, I know someone is going to demand that we trade for a CB, but unless you want to give up Holmes or Gonzalez, we have no bait. And I know someone is going to suggest we trade Johnson for a CB. What team is going to give up a CB [who is better than McCleon] for a disgruntled RB who has shown nothing on the field. No, Point #3 is not fixable in the short term. Can Gunther alter his scheme to better protect McCleon? Should Warfield have been on Smith all day long? Maybe.

Point #4 is iffy, at best. Sure, Mitchell has the physical abilities, but can he pick up the position quickly enough to be a major upgrade over Beisel? And make no mistake, folks. We need a major upgrade over Beisel.

The only real shot we have at the playoffs is for the Offense to finally come on line and repeat what they did in 2002 & 2003. The run Defense is better, the pass Defense is not. Special Teams have been abysmal.

Can the Offense get its feces together and carry the Chiefs to the playoffs?

So far, the answer has been a resounding “NO,” but it could happen.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wishes he had the same optimistic outlook.

Mile High Mania
10-19-2004, 07:01 AM
I found this cool li'l blurb in a Denver article today...

"Thus, if the Broncos were to split the rest of the season at 5-5 to finish 10-6, San Diego would have to go 8-2, Oakland would have to go 9-1 and the Chiefs would have to finish 10-1 to beat the Broncos for the division crown."

It's a long season and this team is far from where it needs to be, but they're improving and it's good ot have some breathing room.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2004, 07:26 AM
First, let me say that I admire your optimism. Given the current state of the Planet, it is refreshing to hear a positive viewpoint.

As to your points:
1. Yes, indeed. Welbourn stinks up a game. Then Roaf stinks up a game. Then the entire OL stinks up a game. Maybe it’s a virus?

2. Agreed. I have been confounded by some of the playcalling. More play action, please. Teams are keying on Holmes, both in the run and passing game. Use play action and get the ball to the receivers. Force The Enemy to play honest Defense and then bring back the swing pass to Holmes.

3. Sadly, McCleon is probably the best guy we have on the roster. It is surprising, since he was so good last season. Time takes its toll, does it not?

4. Beisel is a backup MLB at best. Mitchell has the athletic ability that Beisel lacks, but does he have the brain?

Points #1 & #2 are fixable in the short term.

Point #3 is not. Now, I know someone is going to demand that we trade for a CB, but unless you want to give up Holmes or Gonzalez, we have no bait. And I know someone is going to suggest we trade Johnson for a CB. What team is going to give up a CB [who is better than McCleon] for a disgruntled RB who has shown nothing on the field. No, Point #3 is not fixable in the short term. Can Gunther alter his scheme to better protect McCleon? Should Warfield have been on Smith all day long? Maybe.

Point #4 is iffy, at best. Sure, Mitchell has the physical abilities, but can he pick up the position quickly enough to be a major upgrade over Beisel? And make no mistake, folks. We need a major upgrade over Beisel.

The only real shot we have at the playoffs is for the Offense to finally come on line and repeat what they did in 2002 & 2003. The run Defense is better, the pass Defense is not. Special Teams have been abysmal.

Can the Offense get its feces together and carry the Chiefs to the playoffs?

So far, the answer has been a resounding “NO,” but it could happen.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wishes he had the same optimistic outlook.

Thanks for the thoughtful responses, Gaz. Belive me, I know it's a difficult road ahead..

I think your scenario is the worst case scenario...in other words, I expect them to take care of points one and two. As for three and four, admittedly, they are much tougher. Unfortunately, luck, injuries, and "visiting team" disadvantages, considered along side a weak CB and MLB, might cost us two or three of those road games. That puts us at 8-8.

Personally, if they don't win 3 or their next four....I'd say, the future is now. Screw 8-8...play Mitchell, play Johnson, play Battle, play the young OL, play Fox.

Figure out what we HAVE for next year, when with any luck, CP will be screwing over some other team. :banghead:

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2004, 07:30 AM
...It's a long season and this team is far from where it needs to be, but they're improving and it's good ot have some breathing room.

The Donks definitely have some breathing room, no doubt about it. Looking at their schedule.....they had better be stoked for December. They could easily lose three games in December, so they better have a three game plus lead goin' in. At SD, at KC, and against Indy will test whether or not they have made the next step. So far, they appear to be on the path.

Gaz
10-19-2004, 07:36 AM
MLB
I would have started Mitchell as soon as it was apparent that Maslowski was finished. His upside is quite a bit uppier than Beisel’s, IMO. Throw him in there and let him take his lumps. That is what has been happening with Beisel, after all.

CB
Battle or Bartee? I am stumped. McCleon had a good season in 2003. Has he aged that much that quickly? To be fair, lining up against Smith is a spanking for most CBs in the league. And let us not forget that mediocre WR Morton had his way with McAlister [one of the better CBs in the NFL] in Baltimore. I see no solid reason to leave McCleon in there, but I also see no solid reason to believe that either Bartee or Battle is an upgrade. If you take the “nothing to lose” perspective, then throw Battle in there [he is a more likely CBotF than Bartee, IMO] and see how he does.

CP
He is not going anywhere. Best learn to deal.

xoxo~
Gaz
Willing to hurl the rookies into the fray.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2004, 07:40 AM
CP
He is not going anywhere. Best learn to deal.

Who knows, I saw him nawing on fried cheese, chislic, wings, and beer-battered onion rings at the last game when they showed him in the box. His cholesterol can't be good.... :hmmm:

Then again, if I'm to be alive to see; I better knock that crap off too. :banghead:

BigRedChief
10-19-2004, 08:07 AM
I agree. We could have been 5-0 instead of 1-4. They were all winnable. But the blueprint is done. Pick on Mccleon till the game is over. And as bad as McCleon has played Burntee still can't make the field. Seems to me that King Carl wasted another big signing bonis.

Vick is going to look like the second coming of a young Elway out there at Arrowhead on Sunday. You are going to see roll outs, bootlegs etc. Atlanta's defense is for real. They got some real studs on that side of the ball.

I'm a big time homer and I hope I'm wrong but it's looking like 6-10 to me. :deevee:

htismaqe
10-19-2004, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the thoughtful responses, Gaz. Belive me, I know it's a difficult road ahead..

I think your scenario is the worst case scenario...in other words, I expect them to take care of points one and two. As for three and four, admittedly, they are much tougher. Unfortunately, luck, injuries, and "visiting team" disadvantages, considered along side a weak CB and MLB, might cost us two or three of those road games. That puts us at 8-8.

Personally, if they don't win 3 or their next four....I'd say, the future is now. Screw 8-8...play Mitchell, play Johnson, play Battle, play the young OL, play Fox.

Figure out what we HAVE for next year, when with any luck, CP will be screwing over some other team. :banghead:

As long as Carl is gone, I'm ALL FOR IT.