PDA

View Full Version : Wheatley Attempts to Steal Gonzo's Move

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-23-2000, 07:08 AM
And fails. What a hoot. Bob Dole could watch that over and over again.

Tony ought to send him a letter.

Dave Lane
10-23-2000, 07:13 AM
That was pretty funny. He jumped about 6 inches in the air and had to throw the ball at the crossbar to hit it.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Ecto-I
10-23-2000, 07:20 AM
that was about as pretty as G. Ostertag (spelling?) going for the slamma jamma.

well, now we know who would win in a game of 1 on 1.

Looks like Tyrone figured it would be easier to look like Gonzo that C. Dillon yesterday.

------------------
C.R. Pants
(that damn liberal)

Ecto-I
10-23-2000, 07:22 AM
Tyrone appears to have the "ups" of Meatloaf.<P>

Gracie Dean
10-23-2000, 07:59 AM
This is the first time I can say that I condone the rehearsal of endzone celebrations. If fatty-fatty-2x4 had tried to jam over the goalposts during practice, he'd have known that he isn't capable of doing so. I hope he feels like a complete dumbass even though the power he ran with at full speed to shake the wouldbe tackler may have offset the basketball debacle.

Chieficus
10-23-2000, 09:47 AM
Wheatley can keep appearing foolish like that after another 20 runs into the endzone for all I care...

Chiefaholic
10-23-2000, 10:52 AM
I thought he was just spiking the ball - into the crossbar. Gruden probably read this post and told Wheatly, "Look, no more 80 yard TD runs till you polish your celebration. Even Senators are making fun of you."

Gracie Dean
10-23-2000, 10:54 AM
I initially thought he was throwing the ball into the crowd but upon review it looked like he was demonstrating his vertical prowess.

You are right though. He could be the free agent acquisition people are talking about for a long time. I was disappointed he never achieved anything in the NFL prior to catching on w/ Oakland because I'm a bit of a Big 10 fan....

mlyonsd
10-23-2000, 01:14 PM
Wheatley can do that retarded Icky shuffle if he takes it to the house from 80. Gonzo didn't invent the move but he sure looks better doing it than Wheat.
On another note, no way is Wheat 235 lbs... I saw him before the Seattle preseason game and he had to be a solid 255.

Archie F. Swin
10-23-2000, 02:15 PM
According to the Bay Area rags, Wheatley had practiced a celebration with Richie where he would spike the ball off the cross bar, Richie would catch the ball then spike it to the ground. Richie couldn't catch the ball because it hit an official. Hmm...I think that celebration needs a little work before it makes Sports Center.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-23-2000, 04:09 PM
He can get on all fours and hike his rear leg...no wait, that's Bennie Thompson's... He can run back to midfield and...no wait, that's Owen's... He could run on through the endzone and leap into the...no wait...

Bob Dole just thought it was a humorous footnote to an otherwise very impressive run.

Chieficus
10-23-2000, 04:13 PM
From the article by Ray Ratto...

...there are some choreography issues to hammer out, starting with the Wheatley/ Ritchie Double Spike.

Basically, it's supposed to work like this: Wheatley scores a touchdown. So far, so good. Then he spikes the ball against the crossbar in such a way that it rebounds to Ritchie, who in turn spikes it off the turf. Brings the house down, sure.

Sunday, Wheatley held up his end. He broke through a Liechtenstein-sized hole on the left side of the line and ran 80 yards for Oakland's third score. But when it came time for the piece de resistance, well . . .

"Jon didn't get there," Wheatley said with a smile. "I was supposed to spike it off the crossbar, but it ended up hitting the ref."

Some Raiders fans might find that a more satisfying ending, but we digress. The spike remains a ground-bound prototype, requiring more lab work. <BR>

mlyonsd
10-23-2000, 04:19 PM
It must kill that 49er azz kisser Ratto to have to write good things about the Raiders.

Personally, I rather see Wheat just give the ball to the ref after he scores, or give it to an offensive lineman to spike.
Leave the high flying jams to the pretty boy Gonzalez.