PDA

View Full Version : Hicks listed as Questionable

Chieffan
10-23-2000, 10:20 AM
Hicks has been listed as questionable along with Grbac as of the initial injury report from the Chiefs today. There wasn't any additional info, but they must not think there is any ligament tears or I believe his status would be doubtful.

B^2

Shootr
10-23-2000, 10:24 AM
I find that absolutely incredible. The injury looked to me {not a medical professional) that it would be season ending.

I am hoping the report ot true...

------------------
bk

Fat Homer
10-23-2000, 10:25 AM
B-squared, I hope this means that their injuries aren't serious and not just the preliminary BS teams play with the league...

We can't afford to lose either of them for very long...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Gracie Dean
10-23-2000, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't read too much into this injury report. He's listed as questionable because they probably haven't gotten the results of his MRI yet. If the injury report on Friday lists him as questionable, then we can truly celebrate.

He's either injured VERY badly or is a big **** . The way he was writhing in pain was indicitave of a major tear and the picture of his knee bending in while completely extended painted a dire picture as well. I'm not too hopeful for Hicks future for this season & at this point I'd be a little worried about his total career.

Idahojim
10-23-2000, 01:33 PM
Gunther said Hick's injury,by doctors statement,maybe not as bad as 1st thought.Still wait'n on MRI!

morphius
10-23-2000, 01:49 PM
A hyper-extended knee can bring tears to a grown man's eyes & put you out of commission for a couple weeks. Let's hope that's all it is.

JOhn
10-23-2000, 02:31 PM
I can also say from personal experience that in the moments following an injury like that, fear plays a really big part in your emotional reaction.

I'm sure it hurt, and I'm sure that thoughts of the worst were going through Hick's mind.

Luz
praying it's temporary...

Phobia
10-23-2000, 02:40 PM
Based on the slo mo of the replay, his knee really torqued to the left hard. It bent in a way that is not natural. Let's hope he merely strained those ligaments, but it sure didnt look good to me.

Especially when he didnt put any weight on it.

nmt1
10-23-2000, 04:30 PM
Not being able to put weight on his leg his little to do with the severity of the injury. I finished out the football season after tearing my ACL because of a misdiagnosis. It wasn't until basketball season that I found out what had really happened. Around the same time, a buddy of mine hurt his knee and was on crutches for a couple of months. Upon surgery, they discovered it was only a sprain and that he was a wus. Anyway, the fact that it's "not as bad as they had originally thought" is a GREAT sign. He could come back. Let's just hope and pray....

------------------
GO PITT!