PDA

View Full Version : Theisman's 1st Half Awards

F. Gump
10-24-2000, 10:19 AM
Joe Theisman has given out his first half awards for the NFL season so far. Here is what he had to say about the offensive rookie of the year:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>Who are the offensive and defensive rookies of the first half?
Redskins offensive tackle Chris Samuels is my top first-half rookie on offense. There's nobody out there posting big numbers, no one in a skill position that's jumping out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he a freakin' idiot?!? Um, oh yeah ,I guess he is. Hello? Joe? Here's a name for ya - Sylvester Morris! I think he has had a huge impact on the Chiefs passing game. Not just in the numbers he has put up, but how he has taken away from the double teams on Alexander and Gonzalez.

------------------
[i]Who let the dogs out?? Woof! Woof, Woof!!.</I>

Phobia
10-24-2000, 10:21 AM
Cmon, Bob. Theisman, an EX redskin, picking a Redskin...yeah, there's a suprise.

F. Gump
10-24-2000, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I realize that Greg.

Here are Morris' stats so far this season:
Receptions - 26 for 395 yards, 3 TD's. He is on pace for the season to have 59 catches for over 900 yards and 7 TD's. Not bad for a rookie. For him to say that there's no skill position players that are jumping out is kinda dumb (again, big surprise coming from Theisman). He shoulda at least got a mention.

------------------
[i]Who let the dogs out?? Woof! Woof, Woof!!.</I>

mlyonsd
10-24-2000, 10:55 AM
I hope Mr tanning salon was smart enough to give Urlacher the defensive award... No offense to Morris, but Urlacher is the most impressive rook I've seen this year.

F. Gump
10-24-2000, 10:58 AM
Nope, guess again.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>Jets linebacker John Abraham is my choice for top defensive rookie of the first half. Abraham has really made an impact. He has 4.5 sacks and is playing sensationally.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>

mlyonsd
10-24-2000, 11:09 AM
Theisman never fails to amaze me... Urlacher has had a sack in 7 straight games from the MLB position.

Ugly Duck
10-24-2000, 12:10 PM
Now - I like Morris, but he had one stellar game. The other games have been 40-60 yards.

Homer or not, Mike Anderson is kicking Morris' butt in the running for this award.

Buzzbait
10-24-2000, 12:17 PM
Just for fun I looked up OUR rookie receivers stats.
Very similar to Morris..

26 catches 346 yards three touchdowns 13.3 ypc.

not bad for a third rounder....Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 10-24-2000).]

Warrior5
10-24-2000, 12:27 PM
Sorry, Chiefs fans, but MileHigh is right here. Morris has ONE big game, all others pretty mediocre at best. I'm placing an * next to STL game, as everyone should!!

Now, for Mike Anderson to get the O rook-of-the-year, he'll have to start another 4-5 games, IMO. Even with great stats, if he doesn't START over half the games, he'll lose out to another rookie who did, even if the stats should say otherwise.

And really, when is the last time an offensive lineman won the Offensive rookie of the year award?

Defensively, Urlacher all the way!!

CrazyHorse
10-24-2000, 12:56 PM
Did anybody else see in the same article Theisman had this to say:

"The Colts, Chiefs and Raiders each look like teams that have Super Bowl potential in the AFC. But the Titans' defense, ground game and playoff-savvy offense make them stronger."

I don't know if I would go quite that far, but I was pleased to see he mentioned the Chiefs. <BR>

Fat Homer
10-24-2000, 01:30 PM
Hey, folks, regardless of wether it's Morris or Anderson, the fact is he didn't mention either one...

As a Homer, Morris is my choice, but realistically, Anderson would have to get my vote...at this point...let's see what happens in the next few weeks...

Morris' numbers might not be that great, but no one can calculate what he's meant to Gonzo and Derrick...that's an intangible that national media types can't see...

But for Thiesman's credibility...just see my signature...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Chief Nathan
10-24-2000, 01:54 PM
Who care what this moron thinks? He is the same idiot that predicted Tony Banks would be the NFL MVP and the Colts would not make the playoffs...He has proven over and over that he is a complete moron, thus you should not ever let his comments even make you pause to listen.