PDA

View Full Version : Who else here is from Iowa?

10-23-2000, 12:16 PM
Anybody listen to KJJC 107.1 out of Des Moines? I get tired of listening to them dog on the Chiefs...

------------------
Parker
[b]ChiefsPlanet Administrator</B>

Spott
10-23-2000, 02:42 PM
I live in Muscatine Iowa. The Chiefs are hardly mentioned here unless a few co-workers and myself talk about it. I was glad I went to the game. This area was showing Duh Bears on one station and the Viqueens on the other.

bkkcoh
10-23-2000, 03:05 PM
Born and raised in Marion. Live in Waukee.
htismaqe, who's doggin the Chiefs on the Jock?
Surely, living here you understand that Kurt Warner is the finest human being on the planet.
You(fellow chiefsplanet brethren) haven't seen true bandwagon fans until you've been to Iowa.
Who did all of these chumps cheer for before the Warner played for the Rams.

10-23-2000, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I think it's because we're sandwiched between so many teams. It really started back in the 80's. First there was the Bears, everybody was a Bears fan. And then they were Bronco's fans for a while. And then the Cowboys. And then the Packers mania started, and after about 2 years of that, it was the Broncos again and the Vikings. Last year it was the Rams. Now this year, everybody is talking about the Vikings again.

It's the morning show, Shakes. Miller and Dyer. Miller is a self-professed Denver fan and he spends hours on his show dogging the Chiefs. He always is slamming Chiefs fans and talking ****. I hate those guys.

------------------
Parker

EMZ96
10-23-2000, 03:14 PM
Lived in Des Moines last year and KJJC is a New Rams Radio Network. I'm now in Davenport, calling to sports radio and forcing them to talk about the Chiefs.

Hoover
(Ya know, President Hoover)<BR>

bkkcoh
10-23-2000, 03:21 PM
Miller!? How does that no talent hack keep his job. Remember when he was on with Marty Terrell? Total "Yes" man.
I usually only listen to the Jock in the afternoon.
I suppose one of us could call tomorrow and shut him down. But that would be WAY to easy after yesterday.
Like takin' candy from a baby and spankin' him for good measure.

10-23-2000, 03:23 PM
On a related note, the KC games are broadcast on 1150 AM. I always feel bad shouting obscenities at them when they're losing, and then they cut to a "focus on the family" commercial, or some other Christian organization...

------------------
Parker

Packfan
10-23-2000, 03:38 PM
I'm from Iowa, and I hate the Chiefs. I hate all of you, too.

Have you ever heard of Solon High School football?

{disparaging racial remark removed}

[This message has been edited by Kooch (edited 10-23-2000).]

[This message has been edited by htismaqe (edited 10-23-2000).]

10-23-2000, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I've heard of Solon and I've heard that they have High School football.

Of course, for the sake of Solon High School's academic program, I hope that's not where you got your education, or they've got some serious work to do.

------------------
Parker

Gracie Dean
10-23-2000, 04:32 PM
Grew up in Knoxville and currently make my home in Houston. I don't remember 107.1. I think I grew up listening to KGGO, 102.5 (Q102), & 103.3. Are those stations still around?

chiefs2034
10-23-2000, 04:52 PM
I live by Centerville, Iowa. Its right below Lake Rathbun. Orginally I
lived in NW IOWA near Remsen, Iowa.

------------------
Chiefs Rock

chiefs2034
10-23-2000, 05:00 PM
I listen to KJJC sometimes. The Jock/KJJC
was originally a country format for years
at FM 106..........The 1st sports format for these guys were at 1490am KXLQ. 1490 am was
KBAB for years and years. Beleave it or not, the last 30 game winner in baseball
Denny McClain broadcast Iowa OAKS baseball
one summer for 1490 KBAB.

Ken Miller KJJC morning co-host has been railing on the Chifs since day one. On the radio he calls the CHIEFS the CHEFS. Very none professional if you ask me. He is
also the track announcer at Prairie Meadows
Horse Track in Des Moines.

Miller co-host Bob Dyer is a fan of the Chiefs, but a bigger Bears and Packers fan.
He is pretty knowledgeable.

I hardly ever listen to music radio any more.
Generally its WHB mornings to get Chiefs info, then its over to 1040 am WHO to get
RUSH........

------------------
Chiefs Rock

Yosemity Sam
10-23-2000, 08:45 PM
I'm new to this BB and live just outside of Muscatine, IA. Get to hear a lot of smack from Bears, Packers, and Vikes fans about the Chiefs. Nobody had much to say after yesterdays game though.

TEX
10-24-2000, 10:35 AM
of course.

Henry ortman,

I lived in centerville for 3 years and moved last december..still date a gal in moravia. will be there friday.

gotta tape of the game?

10-24-2000, 01:36 PM
Hehe, whatta small world. I grew up in Osceola, and I now live in Knoxville! (catch that Kloster?)

I used to work for an ISP that provides Internet service in Remsen.

I used to work for Shakes' ISP, Lighthouse Communications.

Speaking of that, I got a message a strange message the other day. Anybody here know Bob Quirk?

------------------
Parker

TEX
10-24-2000, 01:41 PM
htis,

I grew up in Leon, graduated in 91..wrestled...when were you in ohhhceola, as we called it when we went "trolling".

Gracie Dean
10-24-2000, 01:43 PM
Parker,

Where do ya live in Knoxville? I'm going back to see the Bills game and will be in Knoxville Tuesday & Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Some old friends & myself are playing football by North Elementary. Maybe we can meet for a beer and/or Golf.

bkkcoh
10-24-2000, 01:55 PM
htismaqe-
I'm afraid to ask about the people we may know in common.

10-24-2000, 02:42 PM
Iowanian:

You graduated the same year as me. You grew up in Leon? My opinion of you just went WAYYY downhill. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Kloster:

I live just east of the "Raceway". If you want to get together when you're back, drop me a line. That would be cool.

shakes:
Why? Are they the ones that are in prison? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Parker

TEX
10-24-2000, 03:40 PM
htis,

I drank a little beer with chad audlehelm, some of the weldon boys,cousin of doug/donnie/pudd/dan buck.(know em?) and used to run some hos up there...even a leon guy could get some in Hoseola http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif...hell, I may even know you? I used to go to a few parties in VW and to the drift in...<P>

10-24-2000, 03:44 PM
Iowanian:

I went to school with Audelhelm, but he was a wrestler and I was a stoner. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif I played a gig at the Drift Inn a few years ago, but most of the people there weren't interested in our hippy music.

Sure, guys from Leon could get laid in Osceola, because you were the only guys that wanted those fat ******* ! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Parker

bkkcoh
10-24-2000, 04:25 PM
htismaqe,
"was"?
Either one of you's guys know any Findley's or McNeil's from down that way.
I've been to both towns, and neither one a ya got any braggin to do. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

Iowonian-Welcome back, sounds like I need to go to Spain.

Oh, and Kooch, if you're still sniffin around. I know about Solon football. You're Mt.Vernon's BITC$!

chiefs2034
10-24-2000, 04:44 PM
I have a number of Clients that live in Knoxville. I'd love to tip a few cold ones with you guys b-4 thanksgiving.

Iowanain, so you lived in C'ville for 3 years. What did you do? I know a few folks in Moravia too. Alot of clients thier too.

I hope you stay out of Fat Annies!!!!

------------------
Chiefs Rock

TEX
10-25-2000, 07:49 AM
shakes,
I wasn't bragging...but i'm not ashamed either.

htis
i thought everyone in osceola was a stoner http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

Henry,
I did the E911 mapping and addressing. If you called and B!tched about your address change(in the country)..it was to me, if you've seen the map, I made it...I did wayne, appanoose and davis counties before i moved..worked @newcomer services in moulton.
I do go to Fat Annies...its way better than the other choice http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

chief_red_pants
10-25-2000, 08:03 AM
I was born in Des Moines General Hospital.
Lived in Indianola for about five years.
Lived in Kellerton, Urbandale, Redfield.
Been to Osceola(jail), creston, waukee, well just about everywhere south central. I live in MO now. CYA

10-25-2000, 01:05 PM
HAHAHA, this is too funny...

Iowanian:

No everybody in Osceola (and Leon, and Lamoni, and everywhere else around there) is on meth these days. Comes out of Garden Grove...

Rock:
I was born in Creston.
I went to college in Indianola.
Dated a girl from Kellerton, went to jail in Urbandale.

Damn, this is so strange...

------------------
Parker

bkkcoh
10-25-2000, 01:22 PM
Maybe we should start a new post.

Who's been to jail, where, and for what.

Gracie Dean
10-25-2000, 01:30 PM
I was born in KCMO, grew up in Knoxville, ran track against Chris Street in Indianola, dated a girl from Dubuque, defaced Pella, went to jail in Knoxville (public intox 9 months after I turned 18).

chiefs2034
10-25-2000, 02:01 PM
Defaced Pella, HAH HAH. What did you deface, the Klokenspeil!!!! Thats great
KP.

------------------
Chiefs Rock

chief_red_pants
10-25-2000, 02:28 PM
Laughin my freakin arse off!!
Been in jail where!!
Holy Sh it that's funny.
I think i'd rather be jailed in osceola than urbandale though. I used to work at the KFC out by the Holiday Inn. Jees that was funny!
What a coincedence.

10-25-2000, 03:59 PM
Dude, I work at Pella Corporation. I can't stand Pella. You probably defaced the big windmill uptown?

"Do you want some Dutch fries with that?"

------------------
Parker