PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Chargers old throwback uni's?

kcbob
10-30-2000, 04:44 PM
I think they should go back to the old ones myself. They look pretty sharp. Sure would have looked better had they won the game. Please dont be mistaken..the red and gold is king to me.

Go CHIEFS!!

[This message has been edited by Greg Herzig (edited 10-30-2000).]

Mile High Mania
10-30-2000, 04:47 PM
I think those are the coolest unis in the league. I've thought so for a really long time. Those white helmets, gray facemasks, and numbers are awesome. Why they ever changed them is beyond me. The Jets at least were smart enough to admit the mistake. The less change the better... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

AZ

ddpatterson
10-30-2000, 04:55 PM
I also like the Bolts throwback uniforms. Both the home and away uni's are sweet. I also like the Houston Texans helmet..it looks sharp. I'm curious as to what their jerseys will look like. Hopefully it'll be striking like their helmets, nothing like the arena football Rams jerseys...those are so ugly.

Gracie Dean
10-30-2000, 04:57 PM
I like 'em but the BIG black number on the side could be toned down. Maybe a smaller number on the back of the helmet or a blue number for less contrast would help. I certainly like 'em better than the current uni's.

ColoradoChief
10-30-2000, 05:38 PM
The throwback unis looked great. On a side note, their offense was probably the worst one I've seen this season. I couldn't believe how boring it was to watch. Every pass seemed to be a five-yard out. Last night's game was the dink-and-dunk fan's dream.

CHIEF1
10-30-2000, 06:41 PM
Very powdery, very blue. I like them though. I, like KPobia, do not like the big black # on the helmet. Why do they even need this? They've already got their # on BOTH sides on their uni. I Like the white helmets.

I wonder what the Chiefs would look like clad head to toe in red... <BR>

Chiefnj
10-30-2000, 06:54 PM
Thumbs up on the uniforms. Thumbs DOWN on the ugly-a$$ helmets. Their current helmet with the lighter blue would be cool.

------------------
Frazod

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF DENISE! DEATH TO OAKLAND!

AustinChief
10-30-2000, 07:54 PM
Between the stupid numbers on their helmets, the condition of the field, and the performance on the field - I thought I was watching a high school game.

KCTitus
10-30-2000, 07:57 PM
Keep the new digs and JR and rebuild from there...........hmmm, upon further review, send JR to KC and rebuild! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Tribal Warfare
10-30-2000, 10:26 PM
i like it all except the numbers on the helmet. without the numbers on the helmet they very strongly resemble my high school's helmets. so i guess i'm a little biased. i think the different shade of blue is a good change for the chargers. hell they should try anything they can to get a win.....lol

------------------
~Thats why they call me slim shady~

Stuckinbama
10-31-2000, 09:58 AM
I absolutley LOVED EVERYTHING about the Bolts old threads. I also loved the way the Field was decked out. Reminds me of the good old AFL days! IMHO, those are the only uniforms that re better looking than the Chiefs. Now , if only the Raidas would bring back their silver numbers on their white jerseys......

Fat Homer
10-31-2000, 10:03 AM
They were great...for their time, the Chargers uniforms were pretty radical...by today's standards, they call them throw back...go figure...

I prefer the more traditional uniforms...the Ravens, Broncos (new), Bucs, Rams(new) all suck...I like to be reminded of the NFL glory days...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst